[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ how to do you guys deal with cynicism? It's gotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1446756055916.png (150 KB, 520x440) Image search: [Google]
1446756055916.png
150 KB, 520x440
/fit/ how to do you guys deal with cynicism? It's gotten to the point where I always look for a hidden insult in things people say to me or about me, I literally can't go to parties or clubs anymore because I just sit their hating everything I see, the only cure is getting drunk
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>35071752
self-confidence and egocentrism
or you may just need an hoby or passion to occupy your mind and not think about second thoughts.
>>
>>35071918
egocentrism?
>>
>>35071752
i can relate. cant go to any bar or club because im insecure of my height (thanks /fit/) and there are a couple guys who keep talking shit about me competing (thinly veiled 'do you roid?' diss) killing my confidence. so i do nothing but eat lift and work.

pretty much complement i get at work i thing it's just one of those people who see me attempting to break out of DYEL and they are saying shit just to make me feel better about my progress but they are really shitting on me.

/blog

my solution that i think work is to not think about anything anyone says, but it's pretty hard to do.
>>
>>35071752

stop giving so many shits/ being insecure

it's hard as hell to do- took me a few years- but that's literally it
>>
>>35072060
well story is I used to be the fat kid, and everytime someone says you've gotten better i'm glad they said it but at the same time ridiculously fearful that they're actually insulting me, i was quite a naive kid and it used to happen all the time
>>
File: 1437843561180.gif (2 MB, 222x418) Image search: [Google]
1437843561180.gif
2 MB, 222x418
>>35072023
That's right Snake, egocentrism. It's a state of mind in which you see yourself as the center of the universe. Use it to keep your cynicism value down low.
>>
>>35072116
So act like I'm king of the universe to lower my cynicism? That seems like replacing a problem with another problem...
>>
>>35072106

Damn that sucks dude, been ther before, shit I was fat as fuck until I hit 13 and kids are brutal haha

but yeah man it'll take time but as long as you keep convincing yourself that your confident it'll come naturally, gl
>>
Try to take what people say at face value, don't overanalyze what they're saying; most people aren't constantly passive-aggressive for no reason.

Easier said than done, I got really paranoid for a while after abusing psychedelics and cannabis way too much so I went into isolation which probably wasn't the best thing to do in hindsight.

A psychologist might help, can't confirm because I've never seen one.
>>
File: snake.png (127 KB, 188x324) Image search: [Google]
snake.png
127 KB, 188x324
>>35072116
T-t-thanks waifu.
>>
>>35072116
w-waht. that's terrible advice unless he's already a sociopath/narcissist.
>>
>>35071752
>I literally can't go to parties or clubs anymore because I just sit their hating everything I see, the only cure is getting drunk

protip: that's exactly why people drink at bars and parties
>>
>>35072232
surely that's not why people get drunk
>>
>>35072259
all animals hate other members of their species

even social animals like chimpanzees spend their time constantly fighting other chimpanzees

we have an urge to bond together

1.because one human by itself is most likely going to get REKT by any decent sized predator

2.plus sex
>>
>>35072278
that kinda makes sense
although im not a negro chimp :^)
>>
>>35072309
>although im not a negro chimp

yea, nah, u are on the inside

[nonfunctioningspoiler]we all are[/nonfunctioningspoiler]
>>
>>35072320
fuck back to your hole in the ground dawkins
>>
File: azz.jpg (112 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
azz.jpg
112 KB, 1600x1200
>>35072324
>fuck back to your hole in the ground dawkins

here have some ass, surely this will soothe you
>>
>>35072336
thank you senpai, i guess i'll just get drunk and try and boost self confidence
>>
File: 1409628056979.jpg (17 KB, 361x337) Image search: [Google]
1409628056979.jpg
17 KB, 361x337
>>35072164
how is snek a narcissist?
>>
>>35072164
It's not terrible advice. It's the only way to avoid spooks.
>>
i got a room mate like this. he has convinced one of his girl friends that i was gay because she started to make small talk with me a lot. he sees me as arrogant and at the top of the gene pool. she also came over one time in this real tight short black dress and heels. his drunk ass started trying to convince her that she did it on purpose to show off.

he does this with other shit too. he tried convincing her i have mad anger isseus because i simply like to workout at home and the sound of me working out implies i am angry 100% of the time. when really it's me just working out... i ain't no rich piana "RAAAAAGH!" motherfucker either. i can't even watch mma videos in the living room without this fucker in the other room saying to himself under his breath "...why is he so mad?! why is he so mad?!"

he also convinced her that i have no sense of direction in life, no morals, and no tradition. funny thing is he gets hella frustrated talking about me.

this negativity he holds is very consuming and there is no escaping it. kind of like when you run into problems about yourself when you take shrooms. it is only going to punch you in the fucking face and the only healthy option is to ride the wave and deal with this mental torture. so with this being said, this negativity inside of my room mate has erupted through small, controlled, and intimate ways. he has to compensate in order for him to feel in control, as well as be in control of his life and what he stands for. a feeling of being an underdog can cause this. if this is the case then its more of a rabid way of dealing with it because he is not dealing with this in a healthy way. whatever things about me that he dislikes, is actually causing him to project those negative thoughts towards the ones around him simply because he is using faith. this is all going on in his world. this exists in his reality and i am on the outside looking in.

the ego.
>>
>>35072116
>>35072158
oh but it was you the whole time, anon. latching onto self-consumption as you delve deep into the abyss of reflection.
>>
>>35072738

Be truthful anon the roommate is you
>>
>>35072815
the walls are paper thin. twas not me i hear voices.
>>
>>35071752

Stop watching anti-feminist youtubers.
>>
>>35072738
sounds like you need to conform to his suspicions at least once and kick his ass
>>
>>35072057

dude nobody in real life cares about your manlet status. I'm a manlet myself and have a job and gf. I'm happy. Sure my life could be better as anyones could

stay off /fit/ would be my advice
>>
>>35072324
>evolution isn't a fact
yea.. neither is round earth theory, germ theory of disease, or the theory of gravitation...

after all... they're only theories :^)
>>
>>35072336
>black chick mirin'

that chick's ass is prty small tbhfam

looks like she fell for the squat meme and exploded her thighs while her glutes stayed small.
>>
>>35071752
Losing all hope was freedom..
>>
>>35071752
Welcome to being an adult. Once you graduate from college and get a career, you'll see just how selfish people are and how everyone's looking to fuck each other over to get on top.

Last night i was at a party with my old roomate (we're 29 now, so have been out of college for a while). He invited his intern (who was 20) to the party.

Talking with her was awesome and bummed me out at the same time. I remember when i was that carefree and wasn't a cynical asshole.

I think it's inevitable to a degree. I'm not even and was never an angry / hateful person. Ever notice that older people are dickheads? People wear you down
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.