[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poll thread, which do you do and why >wide grip pull-up or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 124b7_ORIG-1266760787293.jpg (70 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
124b7_ORIG-1266760787293.jpg
70 KB, 700x467
Poll thread, which do you do and why

>wide grip pull-up
or
>chin up
>>
Both, but I've been focusing on weighted Chins recently
>>
I do a compound back exercise twice a week.

First time for the week is pull ups,

Second time is chin ups.
>>
>>35070682
I do your mum m8 and she is wide.
>>
>>35070682
medium width, neutral (hammer) grip
>>
in OP's pic how do you fix that asymetrical look on the back?
>>
>>35070993
there's nothing asymmetrical other than the camera angle..
>>
>>35071000
looks at his traps
>>
>>35071000
1. Camera angle
2. Might not be tensing equally, (holding it awkwardly waiting for dude to take picture)
>>
>>35071008
his left trap is probably just contracted a bit
>>
>>35071008
look at the perspective
>>
>>35070682
>wide grip pull up
i do them, but not that frequently, because i am more concerned with my lats than my teres and rear delt (also i do rear delt flies and facepulls, so wide grip seems superfluous
>chin up
my favorite one to do, because i can strap the most weight on my belt (dat ego liftan), and i get bicep action.

i usually alternate chins and pulls (and do wide grip every other pull), doing shrugs on chin day, and curls on pull day.

there is no "best" exercise, so just choose the one you want based on your desired results
a variety is best
>>
>>35071013
but it is still possible to get an asymetrical back, right? if so, how to correct it?
>>
neutral grip.
>>
>>35071041
dumbbell work, unilateral work.

if you have a proper foundation, asymmetry shouldn't really be a concern.
>>
>>35070682
>only doing one of those
literally why?
>>
i do wide for dat lat flare on the way up, feels amazing. i'm trying to hit my lats as much as possible since i feel they are lacking, and i find that my biceps often fatigue first during chin ups, so i do wide grip.

occasionally i'll do close grip pull ups.
>>
>>35071041
add a set or two only for side that lags (1 arm dumbell row, 1 arm shrug, whatever)
>>
>>35071195
this
my biceps dies 1st (especially if i do pullups at 8-10 reps)
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-28-21-39-38.png (474 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-28-21-39-38.png
474 KB, 1080x1920
>>35070682
Polls mean shit. A billion dyels can say wide and this will be the only vote that matters.

He wrote an article on his opinion which I can be assed to find but I'll paraphrase:

When doing pull ups your biceps fail long before your back does. For this reason, you want to put the biceps in an advantageous position.
>>
>>35070682
is that body achievable natty? Looks about natty limit
>>
>>35071230
>trusting roidian yates
when will people learn that the rules for natties and juicers are different
>>
>>35071273
I don't think you understand what roids do
>>
>>35070682
You're a fag if you don't do both.
>>
>>35071358
they alter your bone structure and muscle insertions so the motion and strain in any given exercise is completely different, that's a fact. if you're on steroids and you do incline bench press expect your calves to be sore tomorrow
>>
>>35071273
one of the rare pro bodybuilders to trust
i would also pick Kevin Levrone (although he's a bit broscieny, but actualy gives a good advice)

he advocates training 2x/week with medium volume (if you can manage it) and strength progression in lower rep range

doesn't go fullretard like Kai (and other ifbbs) to say that trilion reps with 35lb dumbbells leads to 22" arms
>>
>>35071450
>>35071450
>they alter your bone structure and muscle insertions

top kek
did you read this on fox news

also
gh is not a steroid
>>
>>35071507
He was being facetious anon, Jesus. Contextualize, bro.
>>
>>35071458
You just described coolcicada ppl which is fine by me since that's what I'm doing
>>
>>35071273
yes but the rules for muscle function do not change if you introduce steroids or not you dyel fuck. if you do some research, you'll see how the lats stretch further NOT in a wide pull position, but rather a narrow pull positon.

ex wide grip pull ups DO NOT increase lat ROM. The muscles stretch further in a closer gripped pull up
>>
One arm chin up
>>
chin ups work the lats better
>>
What's the pros of neutral hammer grip?
>>
File: 1436518347247.jpg (42 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
1436518347247.jpg
42 KB, 500x402
>>35073564
advantageous positioning of arm bones.
so wider grip without going to pronated.
this gives at least better feel of scapulae movement than the bicep dominated feel of supinated close grip chin up.
>>
>>35072323
The Lat gains more ROM, but is activated far less on a narrower grip.

That activation and feel, is way better than the Rom decrease. I can do other exercises if I want to isolate other muscles, but lat's are hard to burn out first. This is why wide grip is superior lat wise.
>>
>>35073577
Is it easier than wide pull-up?
>>
>>35071450
top fucking kek
>>
>>35071632
now that you mention ppl

actually Kevin Levrone said he always trained ppl-rest-repeat fashion
6-10 reps on compounds
higher on isolations

and the guy had one of the (all-time) best shoulders in Olympia (next to Dillet and Ruhl)
>>
>>35070718
>weighted chins

Just kidding. I like to do pull ups a little outside shoulder width, and close grip for pull ups. I can get maybe 15 deadhang and do sets of 5 with a 45. I'm 240lbs
>>
>>35070682
chin ups at shoulder width because it's objectively a better exercise, alternating between supinated and semi supinated grip for biceps and brachialis
>>
wide grip only without weights, feels kinda uncomfortable in my shoulders. if i want to go heavy i use a shoulder width grip, palms facing each other.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.