[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What foods/supplements improve your hair?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Toaster Strudel.jpg (69 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Toaster Strudel.jpg
69 KB, 600x300
I've noticed that a lot have hair has been coming out in the shower.

I think this might be related to the shit tier diet I've had recently. For the past 4 months I've been consuming half of my daily calories in the form of potato chips, Panda Express, and Toaster Strudel.

I've decided to clean up my diet and I'm hoping it will help improve my hair.

What foods or supplements are good for your hair?

I'm thinking eggs (because they contain biotin) and fish oil.
>>
i fucking love toaster strudels m8...
>>
Cherry is my favorote
>>
>>35070639
I know, they're great. I don't know why all the IIFYM dieters obsess over Pop Tarts. Toaster Strudel is way better.
>>
File: HSN vitamins.jpg (28 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
HSN vitamins.jpg
28 KB, 450x450
Anyone know if hair, skin, and nail vitamins work?
>>
I had a similar problem where my hair was thinning in the front. Go pick up:

Bamboo silica 300mg
Biotin 5mg
Iron 100mg (a good bio-availble iron is ferrous fumarate. 300mg of it will give you 100mg of elemental iron)
Vitamin C 500mg+

The biotin and silica are great for growing strong hair, fast. The iron is because hair loss is often because of being anemic. Vitamin C improves iron absorption, and it commonly sold in 500mg and 1000mg dosages, buy whichever one you want.

For the biotin and silica, you won't find the potency you need (very easily) from a local drug store. Go order from Swanson's vitamins online. It's like $4 a bottle for the biotin, and $9 a bottle for the silica.

Iron is often an over-the-counter supplement in drug stores. No prescription needed, but, you can't just buy 20 bottles, because iron poisoning happens sometimes in small children who eat the whole bottle.
>>
>>35070732
Thanks. I've never heard of bamboo silica before.

What is it?
>>
>>35070873
Ground up bamboo dust that does fuckall
>>
>>35070493
Rogain.

Anything else isn't really going to help you, unless you are terribly deficient.
>>
>>35070985
I'm not balding or anything. I still have a full head of hair.

It's just that when I wash my hair some of it comes out.
>>
>>35071038

>I'm not balding or anything
>It's just that when I wash my hair some of it comes out.

you poor innocent babe,
I just want to hug you and tell you it's going to be ok
>>
>>35071038
That's normal m8.
I have long curly hair and every time I get out the shower, I have a ball of hair that's a bit larger that the tip of my pinky.
You aren't balding, and there is nothing you can do about the shedding of hair.

Some prescription drugs can cause hair loss.
>>
>>35071075
Except try rogaine or other products like it that are just as effective*
>>
>>35070493

Start on Finasteride now, it's the only effective medication against balding.
>>
>>35071069
It only comes out when I scrub and wash my hair. Nothing comes out when I'm just going through out my day or showering without washing my hair.
>>
Okay, I messed up in my OP.

It's not that my hair is falling out or balding. It's that my hair is brittle and breaks easily.
>>
>>35070873
It's just silica, good for nails, skin, and hair. Silica for food-grade supplementation is either sourced from horsetail grass or bamboo. Bamboo tends to be the superior source of silica, it's something like 70% silica by weight. Whearas, horsetail grass is way less silica, so you get more pointless plant filler in the capsule.
>>
>>35070719
You'd be just as good with a multivitamin really. Main ingredient is just biotin.

>>35070732
Iron deficiency can cause a lot of problems, including hair loss. If you're already deficient though you need to take quite a big daily dose for about 3 months before it improves. I was prescribed 325mg daily for about 3 months. Iron deficiency is more of a problem for women though, if you're male I'd get an actual diagnosis before you start loading up on iron.

I have heard of silica, though not bamboo. Took it for a tiny bit but never stuck to it. Mine was a clear tasteless liquid you put in your water. Apparently there is a kind your body can't really process and a kind it can. Not sure which is which or if it's bullshit.

Perhaps try a different shampoo also, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is pretty harsh. Sodium LAURETH (SLES) sulfate is much more gentle. Be careful with the "SLS free" stuff though because they often replace it with lesser known, less studied, and sometimes even more harsh/irritating detergents just so they can put "SLS free" on their bottle.
>>
>>35071108

that means you are balding sir.
>>
>>35071321
Oh, also OP, try a filter for your shower head. Everyone is so hyped about filtered water they drink, but no one thinks about the water they are bathing in and soaking into their pores and putting into their hair...I get a decent one for about $20 at lowes.
>>
>>35071339
I live in an area that's known for having very good tap water so I don't think that's the problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

And fuck, why has every captcha I've had to fill in all day been related to either turkeys or cacti?
>>
>>35070656
Blueberry master race.
>>
>>35071736
>And fuck, why has every captcha I've had to fill in all day been related to either turkeys or cacti?

Lol, same here. Those and palm trees.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.