[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:fitness memes that should die >Anon, are you eating chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2
File: monstro.png (106 KB, 434x224) Image search: [Google]
monstro.png
106 KB, 434x224
ITT:fitness memes that should die

>Anon, are you eating chicken with sweet potatoes ?? Haha i am so funny and get fitness culture
>>
>Squat or die/Squat or you're never going to make it.
>>
>everyone with any ripped physique roids
>>
>>35064537
>Losing weight slowly stops loose skin brah
>iifym is the same as eating clean
>high fat diets
>PPL
>>
Following any routine instead of creating your own if you've been seriously lifting and researching different exercises for more than a year
>>
Squats are shit/Squats are the most important thing in existance memes

you should absolutely choose between strength and looks, and people who choose differently than you have shit goals and still have no clue how to reach them
>>
File: 5Bgf02Y.jpg (51 KB, 820x688) Image search: [Google]
5Bgf02Y.jpg
51 KB, 820x688
>>35064665
Fucking hell, how can anyone be so lazy that they just can't do the research themselves and find out what THEY need to do to benefit THEIR own goals?

>"Lmao hey familia, how can get good routine pls? Pls get good routine for me xD"

Holy crap, dude. It's not hard to just, I don't know, Google some shit and find out yourself. If anything, just ask a few veterans how effective a specific exercise is, but don't just blindly follow his entire fucking routine.

Just because Mister-Fucking-Olympia here is going for 100 inch arms shouldn't mean you need to follow his workout.

STOP BEING LAZY AND DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELVES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>ATG SQUATS
>erhm brah muh 155lb ATG squat is better than his 405lb squatmorning cuz i got the full ROM
>>
>>35064744
>Look at your progress and body every so often
>Work out what needs to improve
Or don't, and act like it's impossible and only Zyzz and Arnie can figure out what to lift.
>>
the hipster nutrition fad about fats being so good for you unlike carbs which are so bad and useless they shouldn't even exist
>>
>>35064811
Both are bretty useless though, in my opinion...
>>
>>35064823
your opinion is wrong and scientifically impossible to back up
>>
>>35064537
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH SWEET POTATO? AM I RIGHT?

No, but in all seriousness, why does everyone here eat fucking sweet potato? Or oats, for that matter. I'd rather just eat some peas or some mushrooms or something. They sell a bunch of them for 5 dollars over at Sam's Club.
>>
>>35064823
>carbs
Implying carbohydrates are not the greatest source of energy
>>
>>35064577
>iifym is the same as eating clean
It literally is you fucking twat.
>>
>>35064856
depends on what you're doing with your body
>>
>>35064842
oats are 1euro /kg, easier than anything else to prepare and so rich in micros and fiber they're by far the best source of carbs possible
>>
>>35064665
This. Routines are cool for templates or for beginners, but as an experient lifter you know that everyone is different and even with the same goals he needs something for himself only.

Thats why I like 5/3/1 and texas methode, they give you the freedom to do your own shit.
>>
>>35064537
>cardio kills gainz
>>
>>35064577
how is ppl a meme?
>>
>>35064537
hu3 bro?
>>
>>35064923
Wtf is ppl again? "Push/Pull Lift"?
>>
>>35064954
push/pull/legs split.some say its is bro routine, shit routine etc. and another day they praise it as GOAT program.
>>
>>35064868
yes thats why everyone that looks amazing or is big eats clean apart from few guys who just have good genetics

>>35064923
>how is ppl a meme?
u only train each body part 104 times a week
fullbody = 156 times a week and you rest more
>>
>>35064954
>>35065032

PPL is probably my favorite routine next to Full-body-all-the-time. I've been lifting on and off for about 6 years, have tried a bunch of different methods, and my body just responds well to high-frequency/high-volume work. Just out of curiosity, what bad things do people say about PPL?
>>
>>35064912
5/3/1 is the shit. I'm making sweet strength gains and I can customize it with other goals (like adding Big But Boring)
>>
>>35064811
>"Fats make you fat, never eat dietary fat!"
>Research proves this isn't exactly accurate
>"It must be carbs then! Never eat carbs!
Anti-carb people like paleo and keto are just as annoying as the anti-fat hysteria a decade or two ago.
>>
>>35065270
I'm no scientist, nor am I the next Mr. Olympia bodybuilder, but I just think it seems a little odd to separate workouts based on a push/pull system rather than a bodypart system.

For example, if I'm lacking arms and want to train them further, shouldn't I have a dedicated time period set aside for just my biceps and triceps only?

I feel it would be much more prudent to set aside workouts so that they focus on areas you wish to improve upon, rather than areas that require push/pull muscles.
>>
>>35065270
PPL is more fun, ful body routines are better for results but not as fun as ppl.

Thatfeelofhighvolumemusclefatique.jpg
>>
>>35065303
healthiest societies with highest average life expectancy eat high carb low fat though
>>
>>35064537
>you have to squat and deadlift to make it

turns out, you don't. they are a convenient exercise, they make your session shorter. but that's it. they are also counterbalanced by the danger to the spine that these exercises will bring.
>>
>>35065358
respect of anonymous virgins you'll never see in real life > ability to walk at 60
>>
>>35065240
/fit/ said that if you aim for aesthetics rather than strength do ppl. how to aesthetics on FB?
>>
>>35065270
not the guy who you replied to, the problem i've had with ppl is that i can 't do OHP at anywhere near full potential after doing BP on the same day
>>
>>35065320
The push-pull division is not set in stone, of course. I've always trained for sports (kickboxing, MMA), so I tend to focus on overall development while trying to keep my weight under control.

Sometimes I use a 3-pull-1 push, and vice-versa, if there's a particular lift that I want to work on, but it's not important enough to become my first lift of the Push day.

In that case, if you want to work on your biceps, you can do it: 1. As a finisher on Pull day 2. As an "intruder" in one of the other days 3.By adding an isolation exercise to the end of my routine on a set day

But once again, this is what I've found that works fine for me.
>>
>>35065303
>>35064811

You guys should remember that these phenomena only exist in the US.

The rest of the world always understood the concept of not eating more than you need to. In Europe, our portions are much smaller and the average adult rarely goes above the 2kcal limit.

Plus, we exercise.

Hell, I've lived in Russia for 15 months and I was AMAZED to see 18 year olds preferring to go home and cook fucking salom (cured pig fat) and green onions and put them on bread instead of getting pizza or fast food outside.

Your culture condones overeating. People are going to find excuses for the results of the overeating. Always have, always will.
>>
>>35065379
I usually think of OHP as my primary Push movement, and I avoid BB BP (I Do DB instead because I've had a labrum reconstruction, and BBBP makes my shoulder feel weird even though OHP and dips are fine).
>>
>>35065358
>strengthening the muscles around your spine endangers it
>having weak muscles around your spine makes it safe
>>
>>35064537
tomar no cu seu arrombado

BATATA DOCE E FRANGO

pau no cu de jesus cristo
>>
BR HUEHUEHEUEHUE

God, i hate that country
>>
>>35065607
You could always do bridging. Fags who don't do squats or deadlifts should be required to at least bridge.
>>
>le leg day XDDD
>>
>>35065372
>/fit/ said
stopped reading there
>>
"Yes I squat", "She squats bro" and shit like that

>yes, that's right, I'm a girl *and* I work out
>don't hit on me silly boys tehee
>>
OHP in the squat rack
>>
>>35065365
Kek
>>
>Dude's short and jacked, fucking Napoleon Complex, just accept your body
>WOOO look at that guy 6'6 AND jacked, what a hero!

Funny thing is that the manlet gains his muscle psychique easily and naturally, and the lankfuck is a roided up fraud, who is the on overcompensating?
>>
>>35064537
You should work at the monster factory tbqhwyfam
>>
>>35069611
Manley detected.
>>
>>35065379
I'm a huge fan of PPL

But you need to switch up order of exercises just like anything. Sometimes do OHP first, bench second, etc. and maybe once r twice a month do isolation work first, compound second, just to keep your body guessing. Obviously though, compounds need to go first 90% of the time.
>>
>>35067688
Holy shit legit bridging makes planks look like lying on your couch watching scooby doo with a pizza
>>
>>35069611

Confirmed for 5ft subhuman lol
>>
>>35069788
Just out of curiosity I looked up bridging and it seems I have it confused with an old school exercise my gym teacher taught me way back when.

I thought bridging was basically a plank except you have your hands way out in front of you. So basically lie down on your stomach flat, with your feet together and straight behind, and your arms shoulder width apart, and straight ahead. And then try to lift off floor with only palms and toes pressing down. Basically impossible u less you have a godly, and I mean godly core.
>>
>>35065320
PPL is pretty much a body part split

Push is pretty much chest and tri's with a little shoulders
Pull is pretty much back and bi's with a little shoulders
Legs is legs
>>
>>35065379
Alternate BP and OHP for example
Start of push day is:
OHP 3x5
BP 3x10
Next push day is:
BP 3x5
OHP 3x10
>>
>>35064537
>you shouldn't train your forearms, except through deadlift and farmer's
>you shouldn't train your calfs
>my tiny calves and forearms are just genetics
>you shouldn't do so many sets of shrugs, especially since you have compounds that hit your traps
>you can't have big traps as a natty

>>35064868
not really.
if you eat 60g of carbs from vegetables, you feel full as FUUARK.
if you eat 60g carbs from candy, you are going to get hunger pangs

caloric density is really the only distinction between "clean" dieting and flexible dieting.

if you are intermittent fasting masterrace, you can usually feel full on anything, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>35065372
>how to aesthetics on FB?
how do you not get aesthetic on a full body vs a split?

does your body get confused about which muscles to send the gains to?

all that really matters for hypertrophy is total training volume on that muscle group.

that, and keeping it in a constant state of growth (re-inducing hypertrophy every 48-72 hours)
>>
>>35069873
>caloric density
is your major brophysics or meme nutrition?
>>
>>35069873
Shrugs are fucking good for forearms IMO DESU BAKA SENPAI
>>
>>35069900
>100g of vegetables has just as many calories as 100g of candy
>100g of vegetables isn't more filling than 15g of candy

which of those claims do you think are true?

if neither, then we are in agreement about caloric density.
>>
>>35069905
i prefer plate pinches, bumper plate flips, and single arm dead hangs.

i can't really get enough weight on my shrugs to target my forearms.. i normally only shrug about 1pl8
>>
>30 min of steady state cardio every day, is going to make you lose weight.
>>
>>35069900
He means foods with high caloric density are considered "dirty".
>>
>>35069928
>caloric deficits caused by cardio don't make you lose weight.
>>
>>35064868

>shitty, nutritionless/ligh macros are the same as eating good quality whole foods
>I just take a multi vitamin with my pop tarts XDDD
>>
>>35069925
I do heavy ass db shrugs. Slowly work my way down the rack to the big boys and go to town
>>
>>35069932
The meme that needs to die is:

>your metabolism lowers after steady state cardio canceling out all the calories you used to do the cardio
>>
>lifting weights is better for you than doing cardio
>>
>>35069993
i don't think that god awful broscience is prevalent enough to be a meme.

but it does need to die before it gains support like the keto nonsense.

>inb4 trolls perpetuate this nonsense foar teh lulz

>>35070003
burns more calories, and builds more muscle.

depends on what you mean by "better for you" i suppose, but it certainly is debateable
>>
>>35065320
>shouldn't I have a dedicated time period set aside for just my biceps and triceps only?
sure, but you can do that with a ppl

just have a dedicated tricep accessory on push day (follow up your binch and ohp with some lying tricep extensions)

and bis on pull day (follow up your weighted chins with some curls for the girls)

this way you are focussing more on your arms, without deviating from your schedule.

you can do this on a full body routine as well.

if you feel your arms are lacking, work your arms more.. don't fuck up your weekly schedule because you think a bodypart is lacking..

that just leads to a fly by the seat of your pants type workout, rather than an actual routine.
>>
>>35069611
Short people can't win
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.