[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was it like when you started lifting? How did you get through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: sadness.png (128 KB, 1041x1663) Image search: [Google]
sadness.png
128 KB, 1041x1663
What was it like when you started lifting? How did you get through your hardships? motivate me bros
>>
what program is that?

I found a partner. Feeling obligation towards a friend is pretty good motivation.
>>
>squat less than 135 lbs
R u a hoe breh
>>
>>35061126
Strong lifts

>>35061129
i-i'm just starting and never lifted in my life. Week 4 is finished
>>
>>35061126
Stronglifts 5x5
>>
>>35061142
You good pham, you gonna make it
>>
>Stalling on 55lb OHP
Dude what
>>
>>35061253
Stronglifts is literally Reg Park's Strength routine without back extensions.
>>
>>35061327
No, you do 5 sets after the warm up sets.
>>
File: IMG_2456.png (80 KB, 660x976) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2456.png
80 KB, 660x976
failed today for the first time. grip in my left hand gave out on deadlifts.

did 5x5 for the first 4 weeks but figured it was retarded and switched it to 3x5. it's also told me to add 5lbs instead of 10 to deadlifts the last few sessions but fuck that.

yes i am fat as fatass
yes i am a manlet
>>
>>35061119

Its all mental bro

Read up on stoicism, meditations, etc. Fight your negative mindsets, always be looking to get better, especially when you fail identify what you did wrong and how to make it right.

Be critical, but not negative.
>>
>>35061253
lol fuck off sl is just as good or bad as ss
>>
Wait, I've been using SL for 4 months now and have indeed stalled a lot on ohp (currently at 55lbs as well). Are the people in these thread legit and I should switch to SS 3x5 routine? Also if that is the case, why is SL5x5 still in the sticky?
>>
>>35061644
You've been stalled at 55lbs on OHP for 4 months?

What the fuck?
>>
>>35061644
because the sticky hasnt been updated in about 23 years.
>>
So, wait memeslayer - I can do 3x5 instead and get better gains?
>>
>>35061657
No no no - ive been doing SL5x5 for 4 months, and stalked on 55lbs OHP for a month.
>>
>>35061657
i know right?
>>
>>35061468
>>35061542
>>35061597
>>35061670
If this is the case I suppose I'll drop SL in favor of SS. I'm also looking for a reason to drop rows
>>
>struggled to bench the bar
it felt really fucking bad man
my bench is 175lb now. my weight is 140lb.
good luck. DONT GIVE UP
>>
>>35061119
Eat more, try harder, or switch programs.
>>
>>35061692
>I'm also looking for a reason to drop rows

The only reason to drop rows is because you're doing power cleans
>>
T bar rows or barbell rows?
>>
I am doing ICF5x5 atm, got to 5x5 squats 85kg but couldn't finish my 4th and 5th set.. The time complete my workout is getting too big, should I swap to ICF5x3? And why is my bench so damn weak? I'm struggling to do 45kg after 1 month of lifting..
>>
>>35062877
I'd switch to the Reg Park's beginner program, it's much better balanced.

But at those numbers, if you're a guy, then it's almost certainly a nutrition/rest issue. What do you weigh right now?
>>
I am 73kg and ~170cm, I dieted from 114kgs and then I realised I had no more strength left or never had any.. I am 18, I eat 2700-2800 calories/day, I get all my proteins from chicken breast and sleep 8-9 hours.
>>
I use the SL app with all the lifts switched to 3x5 except Barbell Row.

Those are 5x5, but I do 5x3 instead.

I'm doing some late version of SS with accessories and increase the lifts by 1kg. (My gym has 0.5kg plates)
>>
>>35061119
Bro just remember to eat right, lift heavy ass weight and rep that shit. No pussy 5x5 or 3x8. I mean no less than 10 perfect fucking reps that would make the bitches scream. Build that muscle, build that strength. Eat big, lift big, sleep big, get big. You will fucking make this but you will have to actually push yourself but when you do and you make all kinds of gains, it's all worth it.
>>
When are all you bitch ass faggots going to stop with the SS/ICF and rep that shit for multiple reps and multiple exercises? Pussy.
>>
If we're talking about noob programming in this thread how does Fierce 5 sound to you guys?

>Each week you’ll add 5 lbs to all of your upper body lifts* and 10lbs to all of your lower body lifts.

>Workout A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Reverse Flies 3x10
Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

>Workout B
Front Squat 3x5
Incline Bench OR Overhead Press 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 3x8
Ab work 2x15/Curls 2x10 Superset

>Acceptable Substitutions
Reverse Flies-Face pulls (face pulls will follow 5lb per week progression)
Tricep pressdowns-overhead extensions, skull crushers…etc. (basically any tricep isolation exercise)
Lat Pulldowns-Any form of pull/chin up. You’ll need a dip belt to add weight. (You need a pull from above your head)
Incline Bench-Overhead Press
Pendlay Rows-Any horizontal pull to the chest with a wide grip and flared elbows. NOT BOR. See FAQ.
Bench-Decline bench, dips (leaning forward) You’ll need a dip belt to add weight
Front Squat/RDL-You have to swap both for a Deadlift and a leg curl. This isn’t an either or kind of substitution.
Front Squat-Paused back squats
>>
>>35061119
>What was it like when you started lifting? How did you get through your hardships?

I had no harships, because I did running and calisthenics for a year before I started lifting.

My first bench press ever was just over 1pl8, first deadlift was 2pl8. Squatted 2pl8 at the beginning of my second week.

>motivate me bros
Don't pussy around with weights if you're weak. Do bodyweight shit for 3 months and come back to the iron.
>>
>>35061468
>>35061542

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

thanks for the knowledge to be honest family
>>
B-but I did make progress on SL and yes it's kinda volume based but after the second deload it becomes 3x5 just like SS.
But if you're starring go for SS if you've already in SL don't worry it'll be the same anyways
>>
>>35061119
just fucking do it
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.