[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have been trying the intermittent fasting diet recently,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_Bi4MklCn.jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
4L_Bi4MklCn.jpg
35 KB, 600x450
So I have been trying the intermittent fasting diet recently, which I learned of when watching some of the hodge twins videos and then doing some more research into it.

21/M 6ft, 185 lbs at the moment and I am trying cut from 18.5% BF to 10%.

I estimate that i'd only need 2,000 calories to maintain my weight, so I am only eating 1,400-1,600 a day, while trying to stay around the %40p-%40c-%20f ratio. I only eat between 12:00pm and 5:00pm, sometimes 4pm.

I go to the gym usually every day, lift 5 days a week, cardio all 7 days, and i usually stay on the treadmill on the "fat burner" program and keep my heart rate up around 175-190 for the full hour.

What do you all think? Should I do anything different?? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>35058184
>I go to the gym usually every day
Don't do this, you need rest days senpai
>>
>>35058212
I know what you mean, but can't it be fully beneficial when it comes to cutting if its just cardio?

Also, all opinions on this diet and lifestyle are welcome!
>>
>>35058184
what your doing SOUNDS like a little too much imo. I'd say you need at least one rest day, but as long as you sleep a fuckton you should be ok.

I always say there's no such thing as overtraining, but only under-resting.
>>
>>35058279
Makes sense, is my caloric deficit too much? My 2000c to maintain is just a guess. And since i do cardio for a full hour with that HR I'm burning roughly 1,250 from that, not considering the afterburn effect, and then theres calories burned from lifting with minimal rest. I think its pretty good but thats me, I want your opinion.
>>
>>35058336

notanexpert.jpg

just make sure you sleep like a goddamn infant since it sounds like what you're doing is very high volume.

I'm kind of surprised that your BF% is that high for your height and weight. sounds like you should build some more muscle. make sure you take some BCAA during fasted periods so you don't go full catabolic and lose the muscle you already have.

I think many people would agree that 1 hour of cardio every day is excessive.

at your age, build, and activity level, your maintenance calories are likely higher than 2000c. at your current daily calorie intake, in theory, you'd cut pretty rapidly (and maybe too rapidly).

Again,
notanexpert.png
>>
I've tried it, in 3 months I lost over 20 pounds, got from 18% bf to sub 10% and was finally able to see my v taper. It helps when you don't have much time to eat (I have school and work) so I have a small window where I can eat and the other times of the day I can focus on homework or sleeping.
Tl;dr it's good for when you have a tight schedule
>>
>>35058448
>>35058502
Thank you guys for taking your time to reply.

Im not sure if my bf is an accurate reading. I used the US Naval body fat% method in which you measure your hips, abdomen from the bellybutton, and neck with a tape measure and then plug the numbers in.

I really need to get a BF caliper to check it out. Do bcaas really help that much?
>>
>>35058502
What was your routine and how many calories a day were you eating.
>>
>1400-1600 calories a day.
>1 hr of cardio every day, with heart rate of 175-190
>lifting 5 days per week, at least 20 sets each time, and then cardio after.
>>
>>35058536
I used calipers but even with those you get inaccurate measurements, best thing to do it use the same method on the before and after. You might not know the exact number but you'll know whether you lost or gained fat. Ive heard good tjings about BCAAs but have never done any research, Omar Isuf just made a video on why he doesn't think they are worth it though, check it out, he is pretty knowledgeable.

>>35058549
Pretty much a bro split, push, pull, and legs. I was down to 1500 cals a day (I'm a mega manlet doe) I don't really attribute the weight lose to fasting, it was just a way to keep me on track.
>>
>>35058536

from my experience, that navy body fat calculator isn't great. Try to get your BF% measured at a gym or something
>>
>>35058614
>>35058626
I will definitely check out that video. I wonder if the YMCA will help you check it out
>>
>>35058184
Sounds like a bit much OP. I tried lifting heavy with high volume 3 times a week along with 60-90 minutes of LISS 3 times a week before. It was all good for the first couple of weeks and my weight went down, workouts were solid ect. After that though things went downhill. Shin splints developed, I was cranky and irritable CONSTANTLY, lifts started regressing and I began losing as much muscle as fat. Simply it was too much. When I cut next I think I'll stick to lifting 3-4x a week and throw in 20 minutes HIIT after lifting sessions. It'll take a little longer to lose the weight, but ultimately I think it'll be much more manageable. Just my 2 cents.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.