[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1446355310417.jpg (122 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
1446355310417.jpg
122 KB, 999x624
Im getting lightheaded when i do seep squats, what do? and i also need to take several breaths while at the top of the lift. and when is pre work out worth it? i go after school so im a lil tired.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
Should I bother with forearm isolations or will they grow with my compound lifts?
>>
>>35058178
>Should I bother with forearm isolations or will they grow with my compound lifts?
yes to both
>>
>>35058138
pre workout is good to use on bad days or pr/1rm days
if you use it every time it'll end upi not being usefull and you'll feel like shit without it
for your squat you're most likely not breathing correctly
>>
>>35058138
Try drinking more water throughout the day and before gym. If you start to black out after standing up really quickly you're not getting enough water.
>>
Can anyone tell me about saris and side effects and a good saris cycle please? Also should I do then at 18?
>>
File: Northern-Indian-Sari-[1].jpg (135 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
Northern-Indian-Sari-[1].jpg
135 KB, 700x1200
>>35058570
>saris
what?
>>
Is there anyway at all to work around a shoulder injury, or is a layoff just the best route?

All I can think of is leg and ab work...
>>
>>35058690
even squats will put pressure on your shoulders
>>
how many calories do you cut on?
i'm on about 1550-1600, 72 kg(158 for amerifags) 6ft2
>>
>>35058487
how do i breath? , i did the valsalva technique before but i found it to be worse, i breath in going down and breath out going up.
>>
>>35058178
Different variations of pullups are all you need for forearms. Close grip and awesome.
>>
>>35058781
Isn't the valsalva technique the thing people do to clear their ears?
>>
>>35058801
yes
but it's used to lift too
the fact that it increases pressure in the lungs and therefore in the bloodsystem isn't really good for health
>>
>>35058801
naw man, the valsalva technique is breathing into your belly and holding it in to support your core.
>>
What's the correct powerclean form?
>>
File: Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.png (98 KB, 408x612) Image search: [Google]
Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.png
98 KB, 408x612
I'm getting pain in my hip adductors when going below parallel in squats, how do I fix this?
>>
>>35058983
Butterfly leg stretches and maybe consider sitting on a ball to loosen up your piriformis.
>>
>>35058690
Depends on the injury, your goals, etc. Pain is not necessarily a showstopper, but use your judgment.

>>35058840
http://startingstrength.com/site/the_valsalva_and_stroke#.Vlj59Tu2XtQ
>>
starting out while on a cut is hard work... and my lifts go up pretty slow, are there any things i can do to make em go up faster? Im already taking creatine and am getting enough protons.
>>
i'm almost 5'6, and weigh 128lbs.
I play tennis 3 days a week and go to the gym other 3 days. Rest on sundays. How the fuck do I gain weight? I 'm at like 8% BF. I am eating more and more but just can't get fucking any weight
>>
>>35059475
>I am eating more and more but just can't get fucking any weight
Guess you're not eating enough then. There's no one weird trick. If your ideas of what constitutes "eating a lot" were accurate, you wouldn't weigh 128 lb, would you now?
>>
>>35059426
Just be happy your lifts are going up at all. Generally your lifts suffer when cutting. Sounds like you're getting newbies gains?
>>
>>35059475
I'm around your weight and height, time to start eating more. Chances are you'll need at least 2300-2400 calories, way more on tennis days. Tennis can burn a shit ton of calories.
>>
>>35059700
ye 2 months in
ohp 70lbs
bench 95
squat 145
diddys 185
when i first started i basically had no upper body strenght, my bench was 5+2.5lbs on each side, so 60
>>
>>35058138
what is the optimum rest time between sets if I'm doing 5x8, fifth 'til exhaustion?

also, if 5x8 too much for diddles?
>>
Anyone on /fit/ use compression shorts?

Are they nice?
>>
stupid question, do you base your calorie decrease/increase from TDEE or BMR?
>>
File: 1448327693015.jpg (55 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1448327693015.jpg
55 KB, 500x329
>>35058138
is a 2 minute rest period ok for building mass?
>>
>>35060511
Nah bro. 30 seconds maximum. Any more and you'll get fat and go t-rex mode.
>>
>>35059969
>5x8 too much for diddles?
Yes
If I'm more doing more than one set on DL's, I rest like 5 min
>>
Ive been cutting since may but I've had alot of beer yesterday and tonight due to thanksgiving and seeing my best friends for the first time in months...oh and having pie

Is my cutting fucked for a while if tomorrow I'm right back to a strict cutting diet

I've gone down 206 lbs to 168 lbs since May and I'm still trying to shed body fat

Am I fucked guys?
>>
My quads are way over powers relative to my ass and glutes. How do I remedy this?
>>
>>35060557
explain pls
>>
Any cheap shit I can buy in bulk when it comes to preparing for my first cut?
>>
>>35060826

Hes harshing you bro.

For some reason everyone either says 10 minutes, or 30 seconds, when you ask them how long to rest between sets. Personally, I do 2 minutes with about 30 seconds to prep myself under the bar. Less time for accessories, more time for compounds.
>>
How much sugar on daily basis is fine to take in? obviously you would prefer to take in none, but there are always trace amounts in food, and was wondering for a TDEE of 5k, how much sugar would be ok to take in?
>>
File: goals.jpg (216 KB, 1280x1382) Image search: [Google]
goals.jpg
216 KB, 1280x1382
what is this SIR comic pose based on? Like, a specific sculpture or painting? I've tried google, pls help /fit/

> pic related
>>
bump this pls halp >>35060805
>>
>>35060919
thanks
>>
I have trouble doing my 5 reps without pausing for a good 5-10 seconds in between. Is this a problem? If it is, what's the best way to fix this? Deload until I can manage 5 quicker reps, or just maintain, etc?

Not strictly /fit/ but how do I start a conversation in the weightrooom? I'll figure out the specifics of asking them out but breaking the ice is my real issue.
>>
If I'm doing SS, is it okay to do cardio on my off days? Thinking about doing a few upcoming 5ks
>>
This is retarded I'm sure but during a bulk would my metabolism adjust like it does during a cut?
I mean in a cut the body would stop spending energy to stabilize metabolism right but in a bulk body won't use excess energy for a particular task just because I eat more right? So when I add 500 call to diet assuming I keep my training same there's no need to increase it again right?
>>
>>35061589
Yea man. You can do cardio everyday but compensate it on your daily cals or you'll have trouble making gains.
>>
>>35061589
If you're thinking that you will cut during SS it'll be a horrible disaster and will only slow the program in turn making you less motivated and wanting to quit.
Let the program run its course.
On the other hand if you want it for fitness again wait till you're done with SS
>>
There's leftover pumpkin bread from last night.

Pumpkin's a vegetable. It's okay to eat r-right...
>>
>>35061278
You fucking DONT. People go to the gym to work out. Go party or something if you want to meet someone you autist
>>
How fucked am I if my OHP is almost at a plate and i still struggle with plate bench?
I can't seem to bench right now matter how many form videos I watch
I always get shoulder joint pain when I bench but not when i OHP
>>
>>35061278
What weight is the problem for exactly? If its a high weight for you then there's no problem as you progress you can pull the current weight easily anyways no need to deload unless you can't do it or think your form is in the shitter
>>
>>35060909
Frozen Chicken Breast
Black Beans
Frozen Veggies
Dannon Fit&Light Greek Yogurt

>>35060793
Its one small slip up. Just keep up with your current diet or cut about 200 extra calories a day for the next week.
>>
>>35061709
Not really looking to cut, just got invited to run a few 5k races, so I figured getting a bit of cardio in isn't terrible.
>>
>>35058868
Here are some good videos
Alen Thrall https://youtu.be/mPsxlNjv7Aw
Rippletits https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNhFKPjedRnQiFowKmLYgzg9HXGgU-KpD
>>
Double bumping this: >>35060805

pls help. So much help needed.
>>
Guys, how to pass from spooky scary skele to be more muscular?
should i eat more?
>>
File: heavy-grips-angled.gif (85 KB, 538x342) Image search: [Google]
heavy-grips-angled.gif
85 KB, 538x342
Is pic related good for building big forearms?
>>
>>35058178
i got a wrist roller a few weeks ago, been using it every other day following a protocol i found.

the pump to the forearms is insane. i can only match it by doing heavy DLs and shrugs on the same day, but a wrist roller I can do at home whenever i want.

pretty sick
>>
>>35061186
fucking
> BUMP
>>
>>35060805
>>35061214
>>35062242
Romanian deadlifts might help
>>
How to do jogging without fucking knees? Is it good to do a few 100m then walk?
>>
>>35062749
You gotta not trample like an elephant then you'll be fine.
>>
what is your opinion on the 5/4/3/2/1 rep range?
>>
>>35062811

Useful, although not necessary for a lot of purposes. I do 90% of my lifting in that range but my goals probably aren't everyone elses goals.
>>
does smoking affect gains?
I smoke classic milds like once every two months and I want to get an opinion as to whether it can affect my lungs and gains ay
>>
>>35062861
yes
>>
>>35062811
You mean the 1-5 rep range? That's a pretty wide rep range.
Regardless, for most intents and purposes only a small portion of your training should be done for so few reps, yes even if you're mainly training for strength.
When you go heavier than your 3RM you're testing your strength rather than building it. The consensus is that it's much more useful to get some volume in and spare your joints.
There is a time for doing super low reps and that is for periods where you taper down your volume and increase your intensity in preperation for a competition (or just want to find your own 1RM).

Note that doing 2 reps with your 4RM is not the same thing as doing it with your 2RM, and may still be useful during general training, if maximal strength is the end goal.
>>
My lower back has been hurting like a motherfucker after doing deadlifts for the first time in half a year. Is this normal?
>>
Best way to increase number of pullups I can do?(From someone who can do a lot) doing a lot everyday doesn't really work.

I can manage 9 bw pullups or 7 with +5kg. I don't know why my bodyweight number doesn't increase.
>>
>>35062923
No. A little soreness is to be expected if you haven't done them for so long, but not pain. Even if you have really, really bad DOMS it should be in your hamstrings and glutes.
You're using incorrect form. Fix it or snap your shit up.

A couple of tips: Make sure you create massive tension in your hamstrings before you begin the lift. Use this tension to thrust your hips forward. If you do not feel like you're using your hamstrings, you're doing it wrong.
Also, keep the bar CLOSE to your legs at all times. Every time you let it drift just a little bit forward, your low back has to support a lot more weight. Many good deadlifters have scars up their shins because they keep the bar so close.

>>35062925
I've worked up to doing around 25 BW pull-ups on several occassions. It was always by doing 1-3 sets to failure on a daily basis.
Of course, not being fat helps a lot.
By the way, make sure to stretch your lats frequenty if you do pull-ups a lot. They tend to get really tight which can ruin your shoulder mobility longterm.
>>
>>35062974
Do you think there's a difference between 3 sets to failure spread out or with 10mins rest between sets? I can only do full straight leg at gym which is why I ask.
>>
I gained 7 kgs over the course of the last 4 months. Went from skeleton at 63 kgs to 70-71 today. Still DYEL as fuck.

I'm thinking that's too lean of a bulk. I'm at a 500-1000 calorie surplus pr. day. Did I dun goofed?
>>
>>35061186
bamp
>>
It's better to cut on a powerlifting program than a bodybuilding one right? Since you only can maintain muscle at best on a cut but can still make CNS gains? I got stronger last year on a cut but lose motivation when I am just trying to maintain my mass.
>>
>>35062335
answer please
>>
How exactly do the obliwues come into play with deadlifts and why are they so known for adding thickness to the core? Pls no 'used to stabilize weight'a more specfici answer would he appreciated (ex. Strong abs ptevent weight from falling foward)

Also any good oblique strengthening excercises?
>>
>>35062335
no
it'll give you a very good crush strength, a better grip strength but unless you're a complete beginner you won't see the difference in size
if you want good foreamrs do some brachioradialis work i.e. pullups and hammer/pronated curls and do some writs roller
>>
>>35063205
the weight being hold i your arms and your fulcrum bieng your feet the power has to gor here to there and thus passing through your core, if your core is weak the strength transmiision will be shit
obliques are on the side so the bigger theey are the more they stick out
>>
>>35063048
bulk higher limit is as much as you can without gaining too much fat
bulk lower limit is as little as you can without hindering progress so for you linear progression
if your linear progression is ok I don't really see why you'd bulk harder
>>
When people say they BP for example 50kgs, does that mean 50kg on each side or 50kg in total?
>>
>>35063336
Total, including bar.
>>
>>35063336
they mean they lift 50kg,
why are you complicating it so much?
>>
File: sticky.jpg (43 KB, 368x600) Image search: [Google]
sticky.jpg
43 KB, 368x600
>>35062322
eat and lift
>>
>>35061723
why is the fact it's a vegetable makes it ok?
>in a cut the body would stop spending energy to stabilize metabolism
where did you hear that?
>>
What would be the result of doing SS twice a week? Would I simply maintain my strength and nothing else? Will I simply progress slower?Will I lose strength? Or is it useless?
>>
>>35063360
you'll progress but more slowly and you'll plateau faster
it's okish and still better than anything you could do on a 2days/week
I'd avdise you to add some volume sonner though
and by volume I mean dips/pullups etc not curls and 5x10on suqtas
>>
>>35063339
Thanks
>>35063341
Honestly don't know, thanks anyway
>>
>>35062322
GOMAD might help.
>>
>>35063378
Thanks bro. I've got pretty heavy basketball practice twice a week but I don't want to lose strength/size. So I have to manage gym, bball and uni stuff.
>>
>>35058740
Why the fuck are you cutting, skeleton? I'm 85 and I'm a fucking skelly. Lift! There's no way you have any muscle.
>>
Is it normal for your body to look like literal shit when you sit down? I have severe dysmorpia because I used to be a fatty but I'm 75kg 5'11 with 14% body fat now, but when I sit I look fatter than I ever was
>>
My deadlifting sucks.
On the floor when I'm going for the lift I can do it perfectly but then I lift it up and I lift it too much with my neck I feel.
I don't know what to do, the lower lifts are fine I think it's because of my grip strength but once I got into the 2 plate range my hands couldn't carry it correctly so I put on a weak ass grip and hence have little to no tension in my arms and carry it with my neck or I don't know.
The glutes and quads are being hit just fine though, should I stall myself on lower lifts concentrating on an increase in grip strength or is there any other fix for it?
I've been lifting for about 1 month now after 4 year break

I don't want to use gloves.
>>
>>35063470
Welcome to the world of dysmorphia, it's normal obviously even when you are low bodyfat there will be some gut because not 100% of the muscle will be hard always.
>>
>>35061186
>>35062616
>>35063157

...annnd this is why the general is a shitty thread
>>
File: you-tell-me.jpg (34 KB, 295x196) Image search: [Google]
you-tell-me.jpg
34 KB, 295x196
Hey folks, been doing SS 6 months, reasonable gains but stalling now (deloading every other week and my numbers are barely budging despite eating and sleeping well).

Any recommendations for bodybuilder routines to follow directly after SS? Strength training was a lot of fun and I'm pleased with where my numbers are for the moment, but I want to try and focus on size for a while now.
>>
>>35063481
Film yourself next time and ask for a form check. It's not really clear to me what the problem is. If it's grip, try mixed grip for the heavier sets.
>>
>>35063538
Are you past 1/2/3/4 yet? If yes then do whatever the fuck you want, if no then do the texas method.
>>
>>35063585

Probably a couple of months away. Yeah I'm kinda split between whether to do TM to reach the arbitrary standard 1/2/3/4 or just move onto size for a while.
>>
>>35063635
In my experience nobody looks big with less than 1pl8 ohp and 2pl8 bench, might be worth considering.
>>
whatup /fit/

I've been having troubles with my squat form. After a couple of good form reps, my knees tend to go inwards on the last ones. (doing 5x5) Idk how or why but without doing this I simply can not get back into a standing position.

Is this due to a muscle group lagging behind, or not having enough mobility?
>>
>>35063644

Fair enough, I agree
>>
>>35062987
Doesn't matter when you do those sets. In fact spreading them out throughout the day could be better.

>>35063048
7 kgs in 4 months is pretty good. I wouldn't go any faster than that or you'll end up fat.
Patience is the name of the game. To put things into perspective, I personally don't expect to gain more than an additional 5 kgs for the rest of my life.

>>35063205
>why are they so known for adding thickness to the core?
They're not. That's a myth. The powerlifters who do have a very thick core do so because they dedicate A LOT of time training their abs specifically and heavy.

>>35063538
I think All pro's "Simple Beginner's Routine" would suit your needs pretty well. I think you could make some good and easy progress on it despite the fact that you're stalling on SS now. Especially if you substitute the bench press and overhead press for the dumbbell equivilants (in order to expose your body to a novel stimulus).

>>35063669
In my personal opinion keeping your knees in position is just something you gotta do, just like you gotta keep your ass on the bench during the bench press. Yeah you can sometimes lift more if you let form go to shit, but in the long run it's not worth it if you get hurt - Because then you can lift nothing.
Don't take heavy barbell lifts beyond the point of technical breakdown. If you can only lift 20 kgs less with proper form, lift 20 kgs less.
>>
>>35058610
Sarms* autocorrect is annoying
>>
Recently returned to the dungeon but when i do squats my left knee hurts, should i rest, do no bar squats, or keep going? couple of friends has knee injuries and they're struggling hard, basically cant do shit, what do?
>>
>>35063833
Warm up properly. See if it helps.
>>
>>35063847
just by squatting no weight? i have no idea how to warm up your knees, thanks for the reply!
>>
All this recent Rippletits tomfoolery has got me remembering why I dislike the bastard. Basically wasted 9 months of training last year because I went full Rippetard. It just pisses me off that he wasted my training time and is continuing to do it to others. Don't get me wrong, 3 months of starting strength was fine, but I started to believe that something was wrong with me when I couldn't get past a 345 squat using it. Or when I basically made next to no improvent using the TM.

Glad I saw the light eventually, but why couldn't the most popular beginner program be written by a guy who actually understands intermediate lifters and the necessary volume required for them to improve? And why after all these years does he still not get it? He just uses genetically gifted people squatting 405 for 3x5 on his programs to justify himself. Bullshit.
>>
File: 1447811408391.jpg (135 KB, 640x859) Image search: [Google]
1447811408391.jpg
135 KB, 640x859
In the last year or so I've made some steady gains but for the last couple of months I've stalled out at 6 pull ups while my diddy and other back exercises have gone up.
Are there any isolations I can do to help this and build my lats?
I was thinking pull downs but if you guys have any tips or experiences with this it'd be helpful.
>>
>>35063725

Thanks man, I'll take a look at All pro's routine.
>>
>>35063481
Try less reps in your set. When I started stalling out in 2pl8 it was due to me being exhausted on a 12,8,6,2 pyramid set. I switched to 5x5 starting at 2pl8 and it really helped. 2pl8 is not very much and it definitely isn't a point where grip should start failing.
>>
>>35063914
I'm already doing 5x5
>>
Will I miss something if I go back to only Barbell Benching?

DB Bench feels weird and I can't maintain tight while I can on the classic Barbell Bench
>>
Is it normal to get lower back soreness /pain after putting more weight on my squat?

Also how do I know if I'm keeping my back straight when I'm deadlifting?
>>
File: hand_wraps_pink11.jpg (19 KB, 575x300) Image search: [Google]
hand_wraps_pink11.jpg
19 KB, 575x300
Didn't get answered in the last thread.

Are these good for weightlifting? I find that with the gloves I don't get support on the wrists but with these I would. Does anyone use these for lifting?
>>
How do I avoid getting acne? Some anon told me to drink a lot of water about six months ago and it worked but now the acne is back even though I drink 3 liters a day. I sleep at least 8h each night so it's not that either. can it be that I don't eat enough vegetables or don't get enough sun?
>>
>>35062749
Run on the balls of your feet, don't stomp into your heels
>>
>>35063963
You're not providing any context here.. Why are you doing the dumbbell bench press in the first place?
You must always know WHY you're doing your exercises. Only then can you be able to tell what kind of impact it will make to remove/replace/add an exercise.

>>35064134
>Is it normal to get lower back soreness /pain after putting more weight on my squat?
You must learn how to differentiate between pain and DOMS. But the way you talk about it makes it sound like pain, which is unfortunately pretty normal but NOT good.
Check your form.

>how do I know if I'm keeping my back straight when I'm deadlifting?
Generally it won't happen if:
#1 You don't reach further down than you're able to. Not everybody have the prerequisite mobility to pull all the way from the ground.
#2 You tense your latissimus dorsi. Think about putting your shoulder blades into your pockets. Or "protect your armpits" as if somebody was trying to tickle you.
#3 You deadlift properly by not thinking about lifting the weight "up" but rather thrusting your hips forward using tension from your hamstrings, which will automatically straighten you out.

>>35064144
If you must, use regular wrist wraps. Not those in your pic.
If you feel like you need them for pressing any less than 100 kgs, check your form instead. Always make sure the weight is directly on top of your forearms and that you don't let your wrists hang back.
>>
if i'm trying out a soylent recipe that uses oat flour, would it be okay if i used just sugar for 40% of the carbs needed, or should all carbs be complex? if i use more oat flour i'll be going over the maximum limit of 11 milligrams of manganese, but it's hard to find good sources of carbohydrates that won't make the shake much too gritty.
>>
If my lower body has been responding really well to Texas Method but my upper body hasn't, is it okay to do a mix of TM and Candito's linear program? Something like this:

Sunday:
Squat 5x5 (75% 1RM)
Deadlift 1x5 (New 5RM)

Tuesday:
Squat 2x5 (recovery, 80% of Sunday's workout)
Bench Press 3x6
Barbell Row 3x6
OHP 1x6
Weighted Chinup 1x6
Incline DB Bench 3x8-12
Face Pulls 3x8-12

Thursday:
Squat 1x5 (New 5RM)
Weighted Hyperextensions 3x8-12
Weighted Situps 3x8-12

Friday:
Spoto Press 6x4
Pause Barbell Rows 6x4
OHP 1x10
Weighted Chinups 1x10
Closegrip Bench 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12
>>
>>35064363
Also if it matters my stats are:
5'11 165 lbs
Squat: 310
Deadlift: 390
Bench: 210
OHP: 130

tfw still haven't hit any of 1/2/3/4 after almost 9 months lifting
>>
Is sleeping in the day any diferrent from sleeping at night?
>>
>>35064350
>if i use more oat flour i'll be going over the maximum limit of 11 milligrams of manganese
I know the word autism gets thrown around here a lot, but are you fucking serious with this shit?
Some people worry about what matters. Some people mess up by "majoring in the minors". And then there's you. You're insane.
>>
>>35064281
Thanks a lot for the advice. I just started squatting in the rack but before I was doing it with little weight til my form was good enough. Some guys at the gym also told me to try the rack because I was doing good enough on my own. But it's a bit more difficult because I'm used to look at myself in the mirror to see my form. Should also add Im using a belt which i was told helps with your back and form in general. How do people check their forms without a mirror in the rack? Is there something they're supposed to feel or not feel while they squat?
>>
>>35064430
No, it's the length of the sleep that matters for muscular gain.
>>
>>35064433
it's insane to not want to gain symptoms of manganese overdose like impotence, nervous system disorders, hallucinations and unprovoked violent acts? okay dude, whatever you say
>>
>>35064439
Some people don't have very good kinesthetic awareness i.e. have no fucking clue what position their body is in if they can't follow it with their eyes.
It takes practice. Lots of practice. The good news is that with enough practice it's simply going to feel natural to do it right. It is actually a good idea to get used to not using the mirror. As long as you're able to watch yourself, you will pay less attention to how the exercise actually feels, which is what is important, because a lot of things aren't easy to spot with the naked eye.

You may need a mirror in the beginning, but pay special attention to how it feels when you can see that you're doing it right. Then do it a couple of times without looking. Then go back to the mirror and see if you're still doing it right - or have somebody check you. Or video yourself. There's no one right way to it.

Regarding the use of lifting belts, using a belt won't help you with form. A belt can help maintain higher levels of intra-abdominal pressure, which is useful when lifting really heavy weights. But they offer no benefit beyond that, and I recommend you learn lifting properly without one. You can always reintroduce it later when you get stronger.

>>35064467
Sorry if I came off as an asshole, but I wanted to make my point clear: You do not need to worry about how much fucking manganese you're getting every day.
Seriously pal, it sounds like full-blown OCD.
>>
If I do a bro split can I train everyday without fucking up recovery
>>
>>35064144
I answered you in the last thread; learn to use the archive
this is retarded
>>
File: where-to-work-out-yoga1.jpg (221 KB, 670x371) Image search: [Google]
where-to-work-out-yoga1.jpg
221 KB, 670x371
Been cutting for 6 months 205lb to 160lb 14%BF
Been lifting for 4 months

Squat 200lb 3X5
Bench 110lb 3X5
Deadlift 240lb 1X5
Press 75lb 3X5
Row 115 lb 3X5
Chinups 10lb 3X6
Pullups 5lb 3X6
BB Curl 45lb 3X8

>Does this seem like the progress I should have expected on a permanent cut?

Basically took one of the SS rouines and modified it slightly.
Going to start bulking on 300kcal surplus and increase everything but curls, squat, deadlifts to 4x6. Going to add in dips too. I want to improve upper body thats why I'm aiming for more volume.

>Does that sound like a practical approach now that ill have food to build muscle?

>Thoughts on adding in p90x yoga for the mobility on Tuesday Thursdays?
>>
>>35064517
11mg is literally the maximum safe amount a 150lb person can take a day, and i'm 155lbs. if i were to use just oat flour i would be nearly doubling that, and such an action would have serious consequences. manganese overdose simply isn't something that most people have to worry about because most people don't even get the daily recommended 2.3mg in the first place, but i'm not going to jeopardize my health when trying to become more healthy.

anyway, that's not even what i was asking about. is there a good reason to avoid having 40% of my carb intake be simple carbohydrates rather than complex ones? that's the thing i'm actually ignorant about.
>>
>>35064439
>How do people check their forms without a mirror in the rack
I take a video with my phone.
>>
>>35064528
One of you faggots answer this please
>>
>>35064517
>>35064574

Thanks for the help. Will see if I can record myself next time.
>>
>>35064578
It's not that simple, I'm afraid.
First of all "bro-split" really tells me nothing about how you intend to train.
Secondly, even if I did know how you wanted to train (and that's not even something I can know by just looking at a written routine - things such as how psyched up you get before doing a set matter too) I still would have no way of telling, because I don't know YOU and how much punishment YOUR body can take and still come back stronger.

But to provide you with some measure of a useful answer anyway, look at it like this:
- The more heavy lifting you do, in relation to your 1RM, the greater the need for rest days (that's why traditional strength routines are often 3-4 days a week).
- The closer to failure you take your sets, and especially if you go beyond failure (rest-pause, dropsets, forced reps etc.), the greater the need for rest days.
- The more you get psyched up, the more mentally exhausting your training is, the greater the need for rest days.
- The more non-lifting related stress you have going on in your life (long work hours, girlfriend dumping you, insomnia etc.), the greater the need for rest days.
>>
>>35064661
So yes?
>>
Im currently doing upper-lower body split, and I want to incorporate cardio as Im in a cut, the question is, what is a good amount of time to do so? I don't want it to be draining my energy for the rest of my training, so should i do it pre or post workout
>>
>>35064672
Possibly. Give it a go and see what happens.

>>35064681
Ideally you should be doing it on your off-days.
>>
Last week I had no motivation on a Friday, this week I had a headache all day and couldn't lift, should I just go to working out twice a week?
>>
1) Grip width for a pullups?
2) Best pushup variation for chest development?
3) How do I build my calves? Do I train them 3*10 or 5*15 or some other variation?
>>
It's obvious that it's counterproductive to do both lat pull downs and weighted chin ups on the same day, since they're both nearly the same exercise. But what are some other exercise pairs that don't make sense to go together? I'm guessing DLs and power cleans. Anything else?
>>
>>35064793
To add to my own though process: what about weighted tricep dips with either OHP or BP? It seems like both of the latter use a lot of tricep extension, so i imagine there's no need to also do tricep dips afterwards. Thoughts?
>>
What's a good HIIT running workout for a semi beginner? I do cardio machines for about 15 minutes at a time, and can jog for 30 minutes and do a 7-minute mile, but I've never gone all out or anything. Been seeing a lot of interesting stuff about HIIT, so I wanna try something out.
>>
File: progressNov15.jpg (566 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
progressNov15.jpg
566 KB, 1200x800
cutting here since may just trying to reach low Bf% but im at 168 going to 160. Should i just start eating maitenance and maybe finally start pushing my lifts and hopefully lose more bodyfat?

I just want to be a good weight and had one anon say that for my 5'11 height 168-170 lbs i a fine weight
>>
>>35064742
Try it out for a while, you can get really good gains if you lower the frequency since now you can push the envelope on intensity and volume. I myself switched recently from 3 times a week to twice a week training.
>>
Reached my goal weight - I now want to maintain my weight while cutting body fat. Should I be putting more focus on dropping my carb intake or my fat intake?
>>
>>35064758
>2) Best pushup variation for chest development?
weighted ones.
>>
File: IMG_1507.jpg (88 KB, 567x482) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1507.jpg
88 KB, 567x482
I'm depressed. I used to have bad social anxiety which is where the depression started from, but now I still get depression from time to time.

Even though everything is going great in my life, I feel hopeless and lonely and so out of control of my emotions that I can't deal anymore. Sometimes I just want to burst out crying in the middle of the gym. In fact it's the only thing which helps me cope with my depression, so when I can't go (like right now I'm injured) I want to die because I can't handle my emotions.

What can I do bros. Please halp :(
>>
>>35064758
1) Switch it up, I've found that it's harder to lock out with a narrow grip
2) Wide grip, elbows somewhat flared with elevated legs. Dips are a better bw pressing movement
3) 3x15-25, with a stretch at the bottom. Just do a lot of volume
>>
>>35064884
I would focus more on getting to my ideal BF% than body weight.

Unless you are competing in a weight classed competition actual weight is irrelevant.
>>
>>35064884
Personally I wouldn't much distinguish these, but instead think of them both calorically. I have a realyl high fat diet but moderately low BF, because I don't eat many carbs. But you could also do low fat high carb - so long as your calories are kept in check. There's also a question of what's healthier and it depends how you balance this out and what types of carbs you're eating.
>>
>>35064862
Nothing particularly optimal about doing one thing before the other.
Getting more muscle will make cutting easier but cutting will make building muscle easier.
You should decide what your goals are.
Also nice taste
>>
>>35064947
my goal is to achieve Gosling mode from Place Beyond the Pines

basically a lean muscle body so maybe building some muscle and burning a bit more fat at maitenance will be good through winter
>>
>>35064824
The latter exercise will always suffer when the same muscles are used. That said, doing lat pulldowns after chin-ups isn't necessarily a bad idea if you're trying to improve your chin-up and are only using pulldowns as an assistance exercise for the main movement.
If you're more advanced you're going to have to do more work or volume to continue progress so doing more sets on the same or a similar exercise may be required at some point.
>>
>>35064916
Cheers for the suggestion - you're right. Weight is irrelevant in my situation, I just care about the aesthetic factor. I'll just cut then.

>>35064922
I'm more interested in the second part of your reply, about which choice is the most effective and healhy.

For example, when it comes to 8.00pm and I'm checking my ratios to decide on my last meal, should I be more interested in keeping my fat intake low or carb intake low?
>>
How do I improve my mental toughness and strength? A life without much hardship, lack of male role models and clinical depression has left my mind and will weak as fuck. I tend to give up as soon as shit gets hard, and it's getting noticable now that I've started with BJJ. I give up way too easy. How do I become an alpha and strong willed man instead of a timid mouse?
>>
>>35064990
If you want that by summer I would suggest you bulk now for a few months, monitor bodyfat and the weight you need to drop and start the cut at a reasonable time before summer, somewhere around early march. You have to be pretty lean to get visible abs so keep that in mind.
>>
Is this any good I have been doing it for 4 weeks but I never had the balls to actually show it to someone who knew what is up in fear of getting ridiculed. I am getting acceptable gains but some days I feel like some bodyparts aren't being hit as hard.

Day1
>Squat 5x5
>Bench Press 5x5
>Wide Grip Pull Up 3x10
>Weighted Sit Up 3x10-20
Rest
Day2
>Deadlift 4x5
>Seated Barbell Press 5x5
>Barbell Curls 3x5-10
>Seated Calf Raise 3x10-25
Rest
Day3
>Front Squat 5x5
>Close Grip Bench Press 5x5
>Bent Over Row 5x5
>Romanian Deadlift 5x5
2 days rest and repeat.
I literally got this off of a blogpost/article thingy.
I started 72kg I think at around 9-10% bf and am 76kg with around 12-13% bf now.
Also I switched the wide grip pullups with latpulldowns because I'm too weak for wide grip pullups.
>>
>>35063444
Some ppl has a poor fat distribution, and they want to loss some weight to get out of this stupid fat placed in one stupid specific zone.
Source: my fucking xp atm 6'1 77kg fucking fat on ma belly
>>
>>35065044
Fake it til you make it. I pretended to be alpha and confident and acted as I thought confident men would and it became a reality. Now I'm confident.
>>
>>35064793
>it's counterproductive
Not necessarily. The more work you do, the better results you get, up until a point where it does indeed become counterproductive. So sometimes you want to do more. Sometimes you want to do less.

The answer is always going to be "it depends".

3 sets of chin-ups followed by 3 sets of wide grip lat pulldowns might be better than just doing 3 sets of chin-ups, IF you can recover from it.

3 sets of chin-ups followed by 3 sets of medium grip supinated pulldowns would be silly because they're essentially the same exercise. Should just as well have done 6 sets of chin-ups then, which is probably excessive (More sets are nearly always better than a single set, but there are diminishing returns, meaning you get less and less results from more and more effort).

Then again, 3 sets of chin-ups followed by 3 sets of medium grip supinated pulldowns could still be useful if you're too fatigued to continue doing chins and need to be able to reduce the weight.

So it's all a matter of context.

If you feel like you can do 16 good sets in a session, and your goal for the following session is to train your posterior chain and your delts, then obviously doing 8 sets of Power cleans followed by 8 sets of OHP, would be better than doing 8 sets of Power cleans followed by 8 sets of deadlifts. But if your only goal was to train your posterior chain that session, then doing both power cleans and deadlifts might be a good idea. In that case you might even want to do something like 5 sets of Powercleans, 5 sets of deadlifts, 3 sets of leg curls and 3 sets of back extensions.

It's all about finding the sweet spot in balancing the amount of work you do with the amount of time and ability to recover you have available, while making sure it all reflects what you're trying to accomplish.
>>
>>35058740
77kg 6ft1 1800~
would not call it cut since i dont have so much muscle so i would call it weightloss which is ~ same shit.
1550 looks pretty low intake
>>
>>35065069
Looks like a solid routine. I would guess that you will stall fairly quickly though with all that pulling and general volume. At that point you might as well switch to some sort of split or some undulating program like Texas Method.
>>
>>35065069
It's not completely retarded.
Personally I'd change everything on day 3 to 3x8 rather than 5x5 in order to make it more managable (4 exercises for 5x5 becomes really tough as you get stronger), avoid excessive low back fatigue, and build the same amount of muscle for less effort. Those 4 exercises are assistance exercises anyway.
But that's all just my opinion of course.
>>
>>35065008
>>35065086

Cool - thanks for the helpful replies.
>>
File: 1445307620384.jpg (65 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1445307620384.jpg
65 KB, 604x604
Hey /fit/ do you have any suggestions for my ASS DAY
Barbell Hip Thrust 3x20
Cable Standing Abduction 2x12 (each leg)
Dumbbell Sumo Squat 3x10
Goblet Full Squat 3x10
Glute Kickback Machine 3x8 (each leg)
Back Extension 3x12
Fire Hydrants 2x12 (each leg)
>>
>>35065111
I've been forcing 10 kg gains on my big lifts every week and this week I'm having problems and I might not be able to force them anymore.

>>35065123
What weights should I be going for 3x8?
I'm currently doing 60% for the first set, 80% for the second and 100% for the last 3. Obviously not 100% as in 1 rep PR but the max weight I can do on 5 reps.
You're right it does get tiring and I'm most of the time struggling to finish the romanian DLs
>>
>>35064905
Thanks senpai
Should I go all the way down for push ups touching my chest on the floor?
>>
>>35065213
Preferably yes, assuming that your shoulders are okay with it. Do note that sooner or later you're either going to have to progress to a harder movement or add weight.
>>
What do you guys think about those
BodyWeight scales which provides extra info ;
%bf, visceral fat, etc? How accurate they are?
>>
>>35065167
>What weights should I be going for 3x8?
That would be 3 work sets, same weight. Ideally you find a weight that is a little hard on the first set, pretty hard on the second, and very hard on the last set.
If in doubt, stay on the light side. It'll get tough soon enough as you try to progress.
>>
>>35065278
Not particularly accurate in their measurements, but you can notice trends as your body compositiong changes. For example, if the measured bf% keeps decreasing it would follow that your cut is going fine.
>>
File: 56154326573284940ANfr4u0Ac.jpg (82 KB, 300x515) Image search: [Google]
56154326573284940ANfr4u0Ac.jpg
82 KB, 300x515
>>35058138
How do I fix pic related posture?
>>
>>35065213
I actually find that the push-up variation that hits my pecs the hardest is the one people usually recommend for triceps i.e. the diamond push-up. It might be tougher on the triceps but it definitely also hits my pecs harder, probably because you have your arms closer together and can get more of a squeeze.
Diamond push-ups are also a lot more shoulder-friendly.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1575x795) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1575x795
At what point should i go from 5x5 to a PPL? What should my lifts be? I currently cant squat due to herniated disc and i wonder if strength training is even worth it. Also, is PPL the best aesthetics routine for natties?
>>
>>35058138
I've found that when I get light headed, I squeeze my abs and it helps almost immediately.
>>
>>35065339
It's probably a good idea to switch routines when you first stall, meaning after 1-2 months.
An upper/lower split with 4 workouts a week is superior to a PPL. Higher frequency is more optimal for hypertrophy gains. It's more optimal to work each muscle twice a week as opposed to only once.
>>
>>35065380
Thanks friend
>>
>>35065339
>is PPL the best aesthetics routine for natties?
Disregarding the fact that there is no "best", only suitable and not suitable, the term "PPL" actually says NOTHING about how you intend to train.
The way you choose to split up your weekly training is quite simply just one parameter that can (and should) be manipulated, just like intensity, volume, density, frequency etc.

That said, you can absolutely set up a PPL split that would suit your goals.
>>
>>35065056
i know. i wanted to keep cutting but i dont want to drop my weight t low so maybe it is to time to do small maitenance bulk and build some strength
>>
File: 1444529934121.jpg (139 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444529934121.jpg
139 KB, 768x1024
A while back I injured my neck/shoulder doing OHP and screwed up my IT band doing sprints before that. What can I do to indirectly strengthen my body during a week break from lifting? Stretching and mobility are on the list but what other ways can I maintain/ build conditioning/ strength without putting too much strain on my neck/shoulder and IT band?
>>
>>35058138
Anyone knows THAT push up program? Did it once for like 2 weeks or not even that, went frrom 1-2 push ups to 30

now, few years later tried again and just finished doing 30 push ups with good form.
Couldn't push myself to do more because the sides of my chest were burning hard and my arms didn't have strength left

Wanna be able to do 30 as if it was nothing
>>
>>35058740
2000kcals(tdee is 2500 more or less)
5'10/177cm
77kg
>>
silly question, do you subtract or add calories to your TDEE or BMR?
>>
>>35065524
Did your IT band heal? If yes, what has helped, and how long did it take? i might have the same problem
>>
>>35059426
>>35059791

I'm also a newb and cutting since I started lifting 4 months ago. Really starting to consider creatine. What brand do you get? And does it really help? I have to go in the evening on Fridays and it absolutely kills. Friday's always a bad day for me.
>>
>>35065765
>really starting to consider creatine
Hardcore shit right from the get-go?!?!
>>
File: leftistfeminazi.jpg (103 KB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
leftistfeminazi.jpg
103 KB, 800x1143
What do you do with your elbows while benching?
I don't take them into account when benching, and I probably should
>>
>>35065729

Tdee
>>
>>35065817
all you need to know is that the bar does not go in a straight line perpendicular to the floor, the bar bath is on an angle and should go on your lower chest
>>
>>35064902
b-bamp
>>
>>35065858
I know this might not work for you, but I used to smoke weed to help me get out of my depression. Eventually, I didn't need to smoke anymore.
>>
>>35065752
It kind of did but I still get pain right around the hip area. Taking a break from anything that puts a lot of strain on it and stretching/ mobility will probably help it properly heal.
>>
how do you go from weak chubby guy to fit? im doing SS and HIIT on my off days, im on a deficit and im making sure im getting enough protons, am i doing this right?
>>
File: 1438523095606.jpg (463 KB, 3000x1986) Image search: [Google]
1438523095606.jpg
463 KB, 3000x1986
I have a leg and glute that is weaker than the other side. I have incorporated rehabilitative and focused exercises, but I know there's more going on. My ankle has less mobility, I have a harder time balancing on that leg, and the foot always kinda splays out. When I try to straighten it, my knee feels like it's pointing inwards. What is this? A tight muscle? How can I fix it?
>>
>>35065921
Keep it up time will give you results if you're doing it right.
>>
File: pain.png (76 KB, 316x284) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
76 KB, 316x284
How can hip pain just start from nowhere? You know that random sharp pain (could be anywhere) that appears out of nowhere? I mostly get it in wrist or leg joints but a few days ago I just went to bed and got that sharp pain (pic related) randomly. It hurts when I move. It's worse now because I did deadlifts like the utter idiot that I am.

Any tips on recovery? Why could this be?
>>
Do you ever workout, and then get home, and realize you either neglected to work something you wanted to, or feel as though you lifted something insufficiently (not to your full potential). In that case, if you can, is it a good/bad idea to try to make up for it later in the day or doing the lifts you missed?

For instance, if I somehow forgot to do Pendlays and now I feel like I really didn't do enough bad stuff today, shoudl i do Pendlay rows now, hours later?
>>
>>35065658
>for like 2 weeks or not even that, went frrom 1-2 push ups to 30
I doubt that thats possible
>>
>>35066171
I have a small book where I write down my workout for the day and sets and weight.
That way I don't forget shit, do that and don't forget shit from now on.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 823x837) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 823x837
I'm willing to admit it's probably because I can only bench 70kg max.
However pic related is where my chest has no mass.
It's thick on the side but in the middle and on the middle top there is nothing but bone.

What's a good chest accesorie I can do once a week to encourage growth in the middle?

I've been doing dumbellbench but that's not working to well, how about flies?

I'm worried for my shoulders if I do flies though...
>>
>>35066203
yeah I actually write stuff down too - but I don't take my notebook into the gym with me. Apparently I have the memory of a seagull because I swear I looked up my routine in my notebook while in the locker room. I guess I'll need to start bringing it in with me - it's just embarrassing and cumbersome
>>
>>35066231
Mine is all colourful and shit, so what if people see me.
I lift them and the shit they lift with the help of my little book so they can fuck right off.
>>
>>35066226
Bump
>>
>>35066226
start incline when you've done 2plates
>>
>>35066347
Isn't that mainly a shoulder exercise?
>>
>>35066226
Please can I have some more detailed advice?
>>
>>35066468
Flies are pretty much the go to.
>>
>>35058138
do barbell complexes like cosgrove's evil 8 work for fat loss? thinking of adding cardio to my lifting but fucking hate running/cycling/elliptical/stairmaster
>>
>>35066489
I'm gonna do that then
Thank you baby girl, please stay safe for me baby, love you.
>>
>>35066468
Ok more detailed for you.
Flies are the go to, to directly hit the middle that is or to hit it in the most direct way.
you can do inclines and do neutrals meeting a little higher which might fuck your shit up but I cannot think of anything else.

Maybe cable pulls, meeting a little over your pecs and in the middle of your body.
>>35066559
what the fuck bro?
>>
>>35066573
>>35066489

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
>>
Around Halloween I hurt my lumbar area doing squats or something. I had this pain over my spine when I would arch my back and because of this, I waiting a week before coming back to the gym. I lifted lighter and avoided squats but the pain kind of came back. I waited another week for it to heal and resumed again and didn't feel any pain. The next day I fugged someone and must have fucked up my back again because the morning after the pain was unbearable. That was over a week ago and the pain is gone unless I arch my back. What do?
>>
Thoughts about negative bench press?
Great way to overload your CNS, or to get injured?
First time trying it out today, to push past that 200kg barrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPeBbNoLSsM

Just by doing a negative with that weight, I'm sure I press it someday.
>>
>>35066062
anyone?
>>
I have narrow shoulders. Am i forever doomed to have a shit bench?

My lifts are (at 75kg bw)
Squat: 100kg 3x5
Deadlift: 110kg 1x5
Bench: 55kg 3x5

I've only been lifting for like 3 months but from these stats it looks like i'm heading for rex mode
>>
>>35066489
should they be incline flies?
>>
>>35066985
I'd say neutral, but generally you should try it and if you see results with incline then keep on doing incline.
>>
File: 00218.jpg (1 MB, 3080x1892) Image search: [Google]
00218.jpg
1 MB, 3080x1892
What does "SS" means ?
>>
I want to know if this shit is true or not
>>35066360
And if it's true, why?
>>
>>35067019
it means "Starting Strength" a famous weightlifting book by Rippetoe, which is recommended almost universally on this board as the first workout one should try. Other common acronyms here are PPL (Push Pull Legs), GOMAN (gallon of milk a day) and SL (stronglifts).
>>
>>35067048
I meant GOMAD, obviously, not GOMAN
>>
>>35067048
thank you
>>
so do you guys wear a belt while squatting? I tried it the other day and they did feel a lot easier
>>
Is this shit any good ?
>>
How do I go about cutting nutrition-wise? If I increase cardio dramatically, cut down on carbs, but keep my protein intake relatively high, will I be able to preserve most muscle while my body burns fat? I will still be eating at a 200 calorie deficit but I don't want to lost my gains when I cut.
>>
I had to take a week off and came back a couple of days ago and did my normal squat sets (5x5 100lbs) but for the first time above my knees started to hurt.

I'm back at the gym and squatting again is killing. What should I do? Am I kill?
>>
Why do I feel soreness near my kneecaps rather than my glutes or quads after squatting?
>>
>>35067808

Do lower body before upper body. Squats and deadlifts needs to be done with a recovered back. Doing heavy back work before deads and squats can limit you a lot. If you feel fresh, then just ignore this.

Also do front squats on lower B. Still a solid routine.
>>
>>35065921
Work harder than you think you have to for longer than you think you need to.

>>35066062
Squat and pull symmetrically. This may not come naturally--you may need to focus very hard, squatting correctly may feel wrong at first, and coaching may help. Likewise filming your lifts. One of your legs might be shorter than the other, and if that's true you'll want to shim the shoe.

>>35066156
>random pain
Welcome to being alive. Mashing around the general area with a lacrosse ball may help. Go slow at first.

>>35066532
Calories in, calories out. I wouldn't recommend barbell complexes in general--too much eccentric work, too much soreness and impact, too technique-dependent, too much potential for injury. Pushing a sled or a car will b gud. Battle ropes can work surprisingly well for HIIT. If you're reasonably skilled, walloping a heavy bag can work as well (but "if" is the operative word here.). In general, 20 seconds as hard as possible followed by 1:40 rest is your goal. Given that this represents under half an hour including warmups and cooldowns, you may be able to nut up and ride an Airdyne or row an erg for that long even though you don't like it.

>>35066640
Spinal decompression (hanging from a chin bar using the ab straps for up to 3 minutes at a time), lacrosse ball in the general area, walk with long strides and good posture on a flat surface (possibly pushing a very light sled.). Fix your valsalva and wear a belt. YBF.

>>35066682
I think chains, slingshot, or partials are better tools for overload.

>>35066864
>I've only been lifting for like 3 months
eventually you will learn that questions like this are dumb. Read Starting Strength and Practical Programming, the books.

>>35067715
Yup.

>>35067876
>did my normal squat sets
This is a problem. You probably need to warm up more. Read Starting Strength and Practical Programming, the books.

>>35067898
Probably a form problem or not warming up enough. Read--but you know where I'm going with this.
>>
>>35065777
I know I know. But hey you know me, anything for the gains.
>>
>>35068138
I'm the guy who came back after a week.

I've read SS and I've done this before but never had my knees hurt. Was my mistake not deloading?
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 1200x1200
>>35065921
I dunno man but I'm doing the same. Really slow progress but still at it.

pic related is 4 months
>>
Will roids help me get better at math.
>>
>>35068247
1) If you're read SS, why do you have a "normal squat weight" and why is it for five sets of five?
2) Srs answer: depends. On the one hand, I might go kinda light on my first day back after a week off--I'd probably see how warmups felt and adjust my work weight accordingly. On the other hand, lots of people squat 100 lbs or over on their first day with no problems. This makes me think your problem doesn't have to do with your time off. Film your lifts--not to post necessarily, just to see what you're doing--and make sure you warm up enough.

>>35068263
Shit, dude, that's not bad work.
>>
>>35068336
I meant 100lbs on each side, my bad I should have specified. I switched to a 5x5 after stalling for a while.
>>
>>35068336
Thanks brah. Numbers have been going up real slow tho
>>
Are there any legal drugs that can speed your bodies recovery on less than adaquate sleep?

For example 12 hour workday + gym.
>>
is there full body routine for aesthetics? or should i keep doing PPL 2xweek?
>>
>>35068263
pretty nice work family, so your doing the exact same thing i said SS+HIIT on deficit? anything else your doing?
>>
>>35068475
Creatine. BCAAs. Caffeine will help you lift if it doesn't fuck with your sleep. Melatonin will help you sleep.

>>35068479
>Official Anon-Approved Full Body Routine For Aesthetics
>Do a full-body routine that makes your squat, bench press, overhead press, and deadlift stronger
>In order of decreasing priority, do some L-chins, curls, neck work, DB OHP, DB shrugs, lateral raises, pressdowns, and/or flies whenever is convenient.
>Do 5-7 intervals once or twice a week, preferably on an Airdyne, C2, or Prowler.
>Eat enough that you get stronger but not so much that you get fat. Titrate to effect.
>>
>>35068498

Thanks breh

Yep. Pretty much. Except I do HIIT post workout, mainly because I'm too lazy to do anything on my off days.

On a deficit since I started in July, but I sort of hit ball park numbers for my macros and general calorie count.

Not much else really. On my 3rd day during the week, I like to add a little bit more arm accessories (couple of sets of curls, skullcrushers etc.) just because I'm actually a little afraid of the T-Rex arm meme. Also, it's two days rest after that so I don't feel too guilty about recovery. But that's just me being dumb probably.
>>
What apps for android can I use to track workouts?
>>
>>35058178
End of back or Deadlift day do isolations.
>>
Physiotherapist wants me to train my hips. What machine/lift is good for that?
>>
Where and which belt is the best for deadlifting and squat atm? Looking for one below 100
>>
>>35068834
i use fit notes. pretty good
>>
>>35069167
Anything on this page will be good: https://generalleathercraft.com/product-category/pioneer/leather-belts/power-lifting-belts/

>>35068953
The hips are a joint, and you can't train your hips any more than you can train your elbows. In general, PTs should be ignored.
>>
>>35069233
It's about my running form, which is whack as fuck. He wants me to train my core, glutes and do cable hip abductions. I just wanted to know if there was a better/less retarded way to train hips than hip abductions.
>>
Can anyone recommend The Protein Works over Myprotein? Just curious as I may give the Caramel Macchiato a try.
>>
File: On Whey 8.jpg (90 KB, 361x452) Image search: [Google]
On Whey 8.jpg
90 KB, 361x452
How do you open this 8lb bag without scissors?
>do I need to be he-man

Also will it fit in the 5lb jug?
>it always has air in the top
>>
File: o-PIGEON-FLOCK-CITY-facebook.jpg (601 KB, 1536x1023) Image search: [Google]
o-PIGEON-FLOCK-CITY-facebook.jpg
601 KB, 1536x1023
How are the cities looking on hunting pigeons from the roofs and streets? Do they welcome it to get rid of them or ban it?
They have calories and macros basically like chicken, but could be for free + organic and free range
>>
>>35069516
Had to use scissors. It has a zip lock in it and apparently a scoop. Not to figure how to put it in the jug.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>35069557
Please send help
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>35069628
Apparently 8 lbs can't fit in 5lb jug.
>>
>>35069628
You're alright bud just keep your back straight. And take deep breathes between each pour.
>>
>>35069526
depends where you're from, but most countries allow unregulated pigeon hunting
but it's not like you can walk around in the city with a gun
>>
File: 1436730210745.jpg (108 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1436730210745.jpg
108 KB, 600x535
I have a question!

I'm a right hander but my left arm is 1/3"-2/3" thicker than my right arm. I can see that the biceps and triceps is a little bit smaller.
So I train my right arm with an (half) rep and extra set each time. But I got stronger DOMs in my left arm everytime.

What the fuck is going on with my right arm?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.