[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you want to be a 24/7 coffee guzzling reader / programmer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
>tfw you want to be a 24/7 coffee guzzling reader / programmer / learner ubernerd who works all the fucking time
>tfw your giant coffee binges affect your sleep and your body and your workout
>tfw you go in to deadlift 7 kg less than your 5 rep max, attempting to do at least 5 reps, and you can only do 2
>tfw the coffee and lack of sleep has taken its toll
>tfw you know you need to stop drinking coffee

Has anyone else had this feel? I need sleep. I need lifting. I want coffee. The answer is obvious but the "want" is actually "really really want" coffee.

Also, how the hell do people go to the gym 4+ times a week when they work 50+ hours a week AND have other significant hobbies AND a social life? It's not possible, right? Whenever someone says its possible they mention how much they read / go to the gym and it's always dilettante tier. I have no social life and don't work that much right now, but I am dreading full time work.
>>
Wake up at 5, be productive and drink coffee until noon. Take a nap, hit the gym at 6, dinner at 8, cold bath then bed by 9:30
>the cold bath helps with sleep BIGTIME
>>
>>35057489
Not OP, but I like the sound of that routine. Never tried a cold bath before, thanks for the tip man.
>>
>>35057489
How does it help with sleep
>>
I'm currently a Google intern, I work 50-60 hours a week mostly through coming in on weekends (because fuck paying for food if Google will feed me), and I go to the gym 3 times a week but could probably scale it up without much effect. I admittedly haven't been learning as much outside work as I usually do, but honestly that's because the project I'm working on is so interesting that I find it very difficult to get away from it.

My basic routine is:

Wake up and bike to work at about 8:30
Get to my building at 9ish; the gym is just clearing out at this point so I can usually monopolize the squat rack for whatever I want
Spend 30-45 minutes in the gym, shower, grab breakfast, get to my desk at 10-10:15
Alternatively, if I woke up late or have a meeting, I just get breakfast and get to my desk at 9:15 or so

Then I pull a full work day, the office starts clearing out at around 6, so I start doing my language learning programs and take a break to pick up dinner at 6:30 when the cafes near me open. I'm usually doing learning stuff/eating until 7:30-8.

If I didn't work out that morning, I go to the gym then; if I did, I usually stay at my desk working on this not in my critical path, but fun as fuck to work on, until 9:30 or so, then bike home.
>>
>>35058435
I have ADHD that I'm not quite smart enough to navigate around so I rely on caffeine and stims pretty heavily. I spend one week talking caffeine and l-theanine in a 1:2 ratio, usually starting at 100:200 and advancing up as my tolerance increases during the week. Then I spend a week taking nicotine (I got it from a site that's now down, dissolved into vegetable glycerin; I'd take it sublingually), then a week taking adrafinil. The adrafinil week is the weakest; I'd recommend getting aderrall or actual modafinil. I take these at the start of my day and after lunch.

I've found that doing this keeps my tolerance low enough that I never have to take enough for the half life of the stim to carry over into the evening. After biking home I'm always tired and maybe read before bed but usually I just fall right asleep.

If you just like the taste of coffee and not the speed it lets you program at, just stick to decaf I guess, or take l-theanine with your coffee so that you have a 2:1 ratio of caffeine to l-theanine.
>>
I tried hyphy mud once when I was having trouble functioning because of school+work and that shit made me sick as fuck. I can't smell coffee without having flash backs and wanting to throw up. I started taking caffeine pills and they have been working great, only thing is when I don't take them I wake up with a throbbing headache. Shit sucks yo.
>>
>>35058435
Fellow student programmer reporting in

What level is required to work at Google. I've always been curious about this.
Like what kind of work do you do and which language are you using ?
Tell me some shit about this.
>>
>>35058435

this is what I mean, I spend way more than 30 mins on my workouts. probably almost 2 hours for 3 exercises, and I do only a few working reps and sets and 10 minutes on cardio. And travel etc.
>>
>>35058478
headaches are a serious symptom of addiction to caffeine, be careful anon
>>
>>35058535
Too late for that, I've been on them for almost a year now, 400 mg a day.
>>
>>35057454
I KNOW THIS FEEL
I gave up lifting for 7-8 months for study and programming.
I got good, got a job with a company, made some awesome nerdy as fuck friends.
I was lifting 2plate bench for 5*5, and 3.5 plate dl for 3 sets 10 reps.

I lost my gains, now I do 5*5 3 plate dl and can barely pump out a 2 plate bench.

It was worth it in the end. I'm not a dyel but my I do not look like I did in my glory days.
You have to find a balance brah, its the only way.
>>
>>35058563
holy fuck

I'd say stop it but I also take huge amounts of coffee and guaranĂ¡ powder, stem life rules tbqh family
>>
>>35058507
actionscript....all actionscript
>>
>>35057454
Summer between college and job I made amazing gains. Literally 15 lbs short of a 4 plate Dead and 10lbs short from a 3 plate bench. Since work I've been stagnant as fuck:(
>>
>>35058662
>pleb
actually taking time off on summer holiday.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.