[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinnyfat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: clarkson.jpg (16 KB, 210x320) Image search: [Google]
clarkson.jpg
16 KB, 210x320
Anyone managed to rectify pic related? I'm 6' 175 and basically look like that.
>>
>>35057275
That's me too. Except with skinnier arms and a bigger gut.
>>
>>35057275
I did it by doing ICF for 3 months and eating at maintenance.
>>
Do you workout at all?
>>
>>35057275
Yupp, just squeezed the little fucker out of my uterus.
>>
>>35057417
I also might add that I had bigger arms for not being a couch potatoe all my life, just liked fucking around doing sports and going to the gym eventually, might not work for a completely sendentary slob.
>>
>>35057424

OP here. Been doing calisthenics at home and curling a dumbbell. I can do like 10 pushups with strict form and curl a 17.5kg dumbbell strict a few times. My arms don't look quite as skinny as his, but my gut is legitimately as big. Couldn't even do a single pushup a few months ago. Still can't come close to doing a chin-up.

I went to the gym today. I bench pressed 32.5kg 2/3 times, can't remember. Deadlifted 110kg 3 times. Squatted 35kg 5 times. I also tried to do a chin-up and failed miserably. can't even do negatives. I just flop right back down to the ground.
>>
>>35057517
To get rid of your gut you should probably concentrate on cardio and use intervals.

For any weights you want to keep the weight quite low and the number of reps high.

Im by no means an expert, however some time ago I was pretty fat and this is the type of training I did.
>>
File: 1447712862142.jpg (212 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
1447712862142.jpg
212 KB, 1268x1695
>>35057517
>mfw I'm 5'9 145 and can do 50 push ups and 15 pull ups
>>
>>35057517
Kek what? you can barely do 10 push ups yet you deadlifted 110kg? thats more than 2 pl8s m8. sure you are talking in kg?
>>
>>35057604

I got 115kg half way up as well. Probably could have got it up if I wasn't fatigued from the previous sets and maybe if I'd had better technique/committed to it more. I went to the gym several months ago back when I couldn't do a single pushup at 6' 175 and managed to deadlift 100kg 8 times. At that time I couldn't bench the bar without shaking. I didn't go back to the gym til today because I embarrassed myself only being able to bench the bar.
>>
File: 1426732657644.jpg (69 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1426732657644.jpg
69 KB, 640x628
You can read the sticky.
>>
>>35057642
You are going to snap city that way lad, deadlifts are not something you can do half assed like that. If you don't control it all the way then its gonna end bad for you. Besides with your current experience I bet you were rounding your back for that much weight and judging from your lack of core strength from your weak squat. That would be a serious warning to stop trying to do that. Go with a weight you can manage 5 reps after 2 warm ups with 50 and 70% of your workload.
>>
>>35057275
Honestly I'd recommend bodyweight training. Not some 1000 pushups a day but something legit like startbodyweight.

Reason being is that BW is very dependent on strength:weight ratio, rather than absolute strength. As a skinny fat, you've got too much fat and too little muscle. If you eat maintenance/cut and train using BW you will "progress" faster than with weights. Your absolute muscle gan will be the same, but you will get better b/c your bf% is dropping, thus your strength:weight ratio increases faster than your absolute strength.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Reply for pics of me (ex skinnyfat, now borderline skeletor) and/or more quality bodyweight routines.
>>
Are you all fat? I'm 6'1 210 and have no gut, however no abs either.
>>
I see a lot of people like this in real life, disgusting.
>>
>>35057772
Agreed. These people are fucking gross. In some ways I think fat people look better. The generic fucking gut poking out farther than the chest is disgusting.
>>
>>35057642
No, you're fucking lying about the weight or the exercise. Also, your fucking height, weight, and body type do not match. So you're fucking lying about something there. If you want accurate advice, don't make shit up.

Also, this >>35057700
Fucking read it you tardomatic and quit pissing me off.

>>35057739
I'm 6'0", 220 lbs. and have decent ab definition, but I don't consider myself exceptionally big. They say I'm "getting big". I don't understand peoples' body weights. Yours at least makes a little sense.
>>
>>35057934

Well, I'm not lying. Some people just look like me. My friend is 5'11 145 and has an even bigger gut than me. My waist is around 36-38 inches depending on what I've eaten. My arms are just over 13. I'm also not lying about the exercise. I legit couldn't do a push-up when I started. I kept trying to do one and in a few days I could do one sporadically. Ever since then I just try lots of times throughout the day/in clusters to do as many as I can. As for the deadlift I don't know why it is so much higher than my squat. My form is probably bad, but it's probably bad on both exercises. I read the sticky, I just wanted to hear from people who have transformed from skinnyfat.
>>
>>35057517
OK, you will NOT get to the 1/2/3/4 strength standard within a year, i started from the same place, it'll probably take you two years to get there.

Do Strong Lifts 5x5 along with pull ups, chin ups, and a high protein low simple carb diet.

On chin ups/pull ups try doing 5 sets of one rep, then next time one set of two followed by 4 sets of one. build it up like that, and do chin ups one day, pull ups the other day.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.