[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can only workout 3 days a week >Can't bench bench same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 16449750.gif (2 MB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
16449750.gif
2 MB, 410x396
Can only workout 3 days a week
>Can't bench bench same day as ohp
>can't deadlift same day as squat
>exhausted from heavy squats, can't bench after squats
>can hardly ohp day after bench, shoulders arent back at 100%

I'm fucked.
>>
>>35056317
>can't deadlift the same day as squat
why
>>
>>35056317
OHP and deadlift on the same day? I workout 3x a week and do
>bench + row
>deadlift +OHP
>squat
>>
I have a question related to OP. I go to a college in another city and my only gym membership is in the school gym.

I go to school mon-thurs, can I make any gains working out 4 days straight and then taking off 3 consecutive days? There's no way I can bus there on the days off.
>>
>>35056317
Yes you can.

>can't deadlift same day as squat
Yes you can.

>can't bench after squats
Yes you can.

You don't have to go ALL OUT on every single set of every single exercise every single time. If you don't like that your deadlift performance suffers a bit after having done squats, alternative which of the two you do first. Same with bench and OHP. Problem solved.
The fact of the matter is that you could do all 4 exercises on the same day if you wanted to. Obviously you can't go really fucking hard at each one, but you don't have to. You could take it in turns, so 1st session was squat priority and the other 3 exercises were done lighter. 2nd session Overhead presses might have priority and the other 3 done lighter. And so on. This approach can actually work really well.

Also, don't be such a fucking pussy.
>>
>>35056412
It's certainly not optimal but you could do it. Upper/Lower split could work out fine.
>>
>>35056412
>can I make any gains working out 4 days straight and then taking off 3 consecutive days?
Absolutely. But make sure the way you set up your training reflects the fact that it will be done on consecutive days. In other words, a fullbody plan would not be ideal in this case.
>>
>>35056317
You sound like a little bitch.
>>
>>35056317
squat and ohp same day, bench and deadlift same day. sorted
>>
>>35056317
i think you mean to say:
Can't bench bench same day as the press
>>
>>35056371
I do the same thing, works great.
>>
>>35056412
>I go to school mon-thurs, can I make any gains working out 4 days straight and then taking off 3 consecutive days? There's no way I can bus there on the days off.

eh you can make gains, but far from optimal.

its best to induce hypertrophy in every muscle group every 48-72 hours, so they stay essentially in a constant state of growth.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.