[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sometimes I wonder why I even fucking bother talking to other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: 8XEGS.png (80 KB, 526x326) Image search: [Google]
8XEGS.png
80 KB, 526x326
Sometimes I wonder why I even fucking bother talking to other people

>be in the gym
>lifting for three years, fairly strong
>try and help out others as much as I can
>usually keep myself to myself and finish my workouts
>go up to guy who's doing bench press wrong, new guy, doing SS/SL
>his grip is basically close-grip
>tell him to try widening his grip a bit
>he says "no, I don't need to, you're the one doing it wrong. This is the right way"
>he's extremely angry
>wtf
>never got a reaction like this before
>tell him "if you widen your grip, it'll activate your chest more"
>tells me to fuck off and says he's seen me doing bench and that my form is awful
>even though he benches 40kg and i bench 140kg
>taken aback
>leaves the workout room
>gets the manager
>manager talks to me for literally half an hour to not interrupt others workouts
>tell him I was trying to help out
>tells me to mind my own business or leave the gym

why the fuck do I even bother
>>
Jesus fuckin christ. I'd just get a new gym if I were you. Fuck both those faggots
>>
That's what can happen when you try to be nice and helpful, some people are going to be thankful, others are going to be too vain to admit their mistakes or even take the time to discuss it.

Don't get discouraged by that little idiot anon, I'm sure there's plenty of people who've made good progress and avoided injuries thanks to you. That faggot will probably destroy his joints without gaining a single pound of mass.
>>
>>35055774
its okay dawg... you seem like a good person
>>
>>35055774
mind your own business bro
>>
while your intention was good, mind your own business. ultimately it's not up to you and the guy was probably just throwing it back in your face out of embarrassment
>>
>>35055774

This is why I don't talk to people. If you ask for help, ever, people think you're a weak person.

I fucking hate it. What's the point in friends? All my "friends" in the past have taken advantage of me, and why? What the fuck have I done, simply existed?

Fuck those faggots and fuck people in general. It's best to be alone at the top than at the bottom of the barrel with the others.
>>
>>35055774

>approaching a non-female person at the gym to give lifting advises...

you need to realize some dudes might not enjoy you giving them tips. Because afterall, it's kinda like saying "hey newfag, I'm much better than you at lifting and even though you didn't ask me for advises, I will give you advises whether you like it not"

correcting people on their forms ia an endlesa quest anyway; everyone lifts like shit
>>
File: 1448520499684.jpg (54 KB, 688x960) Image search: [Google]
1448520499684.jpg
54 KB, 688x960
>>35055774
the guy was a small dick beta who was mad about someone superior to him trying to honestly help him out

he's got mental issues and probably told lies to the manager to get the manager on your case

it's not a big deal; put it behind you. let that dumbass hurt himself and you'll continue lifting heavy and lifting properly, and don't say a word to him. sometimes life hands you lemons, etc etc etc you know how the saying goes
>>
>>35055833
We are your friends nigger
>>
I had a gym enemy who would give odd comments

> Hey you need a spot?
> Thats man weight right there

Sounds like compliments, but it was the way he said it that pissed me off.
>>
File: sad is the peep.png (65 KB, 1092x1037) Image search: [Google]
sad is the peep.png
65 KB, 1092x1037
Whenever I try to talk to people no one hears me so I have to like tap them on the shoulder or something to get their attention. It makes me feel so awkward. I even get panic attacks from it sometimes.
>>
>>35055774
dont worry anons, i m going through things and when i m finished, i will tell you all the path to happiness

i will make difference, i will save the humanity
>>
>>35056018
You fhall not fuckfeed Mifter Walker
>>
>>35056017
you need to learn to use your voice properly man. People used to ignore me too and talk over me in conversations. Now I speak more slowly and with more power for want of a better word. Doesn't happen anymore, people listen to me when I speak.
>>
I remember being at the gym doing DL, when I walked up to a guy and asked if I could take a plate next to the machine he was using, and he responded "no" with a really cocky attitude.

I was also taken aback so I asked him if he would use it and he responded that he would, like he was pissed or something.

So I continued my workout and lo and behold he didn't even use the fucking thing.

Why are strangers assholes /fit/? What would you do?
>>
>>35055774
What if he wanted close grip for dem tricep gains? He probably didn't need to sperg out on you but you don't need to offer advice to people unless they are going to severely hurt themselves with their exercise.
>>
File: CU19LpeUwAALAK3.jpg-large.jpg (193 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
CU19LpeUwAALAK3.jpg-large.jpg
193 KB, 1024x1820
>>35055774
Part of it is probably because you can bench 140kg and he can only do 40kg, IMO, its because he's insecure.
>>
>>35056418
just shrug it off, you're there to train, not take shit and try to understand people.
>>
>>35056418
I watched that secret life of 5 year olds the other day (it's like a UK reality TV show/documentary) and this kid George had hoarded a load of train track and this other kid Alfie asked for some for something he was building. The psychology academic commentators p much said Alfie was autistic for asking, that he couldn't empathise and therefore couldn't negotiate.

So therefore you're autistic.
>>
>>35056418
>asking to use plates
nigga wat, plates are for everybody to use regardless of where they are. That guy wouldnt had said shit if you hadnt asked.
>>
>>35055774
>>tells me to mind my own business or leave the gym

He's right. Let people do what they want, you aren't at school and you aren't a gym teacher.
>>
>>35055774
The manager was absolutely right, OP. Offering unsolicited advice is incredibly fucking rude and essentially never acceptable.
>>
>>35055833
It hurts my ass big time to say this, but this guy is right.

I don't understand how people work. So fuck them.
>>
>>35056527
Nah he's wrong. If someone is doing something dangerous and are unaware you tell them.

You don't have to say anything more than "are you sure you want to do it like that?", but obv OP has approached other people in the gym and not had this shitty reaction so he can do what he wants. If he's worried he can always talk to other people he's given advice to and ask if he was too forward or whatever
>>
>>35056566
>If someone is doing something dangerous and are unaware you tell them.
>bro you shouldn't squat that low it's bad for your knees
>bro deadlifts will snap your shit up, trap bar deadlifts are totally safer!!11!

etc. etc. etc. It is extremely rude to give advice unasked.
>>
File: 1445774089599.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1445774089599.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>35055774
>be me years ago, 18 yo, first month of gym membership
>see man in his mid 50s doing dumbbell flies with the form of an autistic ALS patient
>see patient, good natured man in 30s politely offer suggestion on form
>see autistic man in mid 50s babber gibberish in broken English telling smart man he's wrong
>never offer advice to anyone on form, ever after realizing people are insane and want to think they're brilliant
>realize it's better to spend time focusing on self rather than idiots
>enter cocoon mode for next two years
>go back to school
>be the most swole guy on campus of 30k students
>everyone assumes I'm on steroids
>feelsgoodman

True story, /fit/.
>>
>>35056607

>extremely rude

tumblr user detected.
>>
>>35055826
this
>>
>>35055774
That's why these huge franchise gyms suck. The gym I went to was small as fuck.

>Had this coworker who used to be a pro bodybuilder, winning contests and all
>Tells me I should work out as well, invites me to the gym he's been going for decades
>Next day, I decide to go there, I imagined something a lot bigger, more anonymous
>Come in and at the reception was one old guy standing and three enormous guys on stools eating, chatting and laughing, get super nervous and intimidated
>Go to the reception and tell them that my coworker recommended me this place
>The old guy said they never had a complete beginner
>One of the three guys sitting there asked me "So, what's the most important thing about working out?"
>I mumbled something autistic, and he said "Eating a lot!" and they shared their chicken with me.
>They introduced themselves and argued about how I should start
>Literally never have been welcomed so warmly to any place ever

Being so quickly integrated in this circle of hardcore bodybuilders, I was basically forced to work out every day. I became really close friends to some of them and often spend whole days in the gym on the weekends. It was really heartbreaking that I had to leave the place when I moved to another city to study. Working out is really not the same ever since.
>>
>>35056647
>most swole guy
I assume you don't go to a colege with a big football program?
>>
>>35056715
;_;
That's actually really heart warming. Surely you're going back there after you complete your studies?
>>
>>35056607
>>35056650
Yeah grow a pair and don't take the extremely rude meme seriously.
> tfw rippetoe publishes his microaggressions against my trans lifting form
>>
>>35055774
>>he says "no, I don't need to, you're the one doing it wrong. This is the right way"

This is the shit I don't get. If somebody bigger/stronger then you gives you advice, just take it. Even if it's the most retarded thing you've ever heard, just smile and say thanks and get back lifting.
>>
>>35056794
Actually, the place is closed now, because the guy who used to own it had a stroke, pretty severe one. His family needed to move him to a place where he can be taken care of, which is expensive, so they sold the place. Fucking sucks how everything got diluted now. I visit my parents sometimes and then I meet with some of the guys, but it's just not the same. Maybe I didn't notice it back then, but everybody is so depressing to be around. I don't know, the best things are not meant to last apparently.
>>
>>35055792
If you would change your gym after this then you m8 are the true beta faggot
>>
>>35055774
they probably dont wanna look like you, po
>>
>>35055774
>unwarranted advice

The guy was a total dick but unwarranted advice is rude and pointless 99% of the time. People ignore advice from their friends, family members and even authorities like Rippetoe so if you think as a complete stranger your words have any value to them you're either incredibly stupid or incredibly arrogant.

You can be friendly and tell the person that you'll help them if they have any questions and throw in a lie (people fucking love lies) like "great work you're progressing even faster than I did" but they have to be the one asking for advice for you to get a positive reaction. And even then if a person asks for advice it doesn't mean they'll actually follow it
>>
>>35055774
Theu guys was a faggot for getting angry from this.
But you shouldn't bother with other forms unless someone ask you for advice.

It happened to me once or twice on last sets where I was giving my everything and knew that my form was "wrong" that a dyel guy came to me to tell me how I should do it.

I just smiled and said thanks.

I see a lot of fucked up forms but I don't see myself commenting on it since I know how people are gonna take me for a pretentious bro'.
>>
>>35055774
I always see people using back machines that are locked into position for chest or that guy that does a thousand sets of 10lbs
>>
>>35055774
while the guy is an asshat, you should have said something like "mind if I make a suggestion?"
>>
>talking to old coworker who's an attractive female (I'm married and not trying to get at her being attractive is relative to the story)
>she has a kid with a no shit UFC fighter. Like not some mma scrub, a legit fighter in the UFC
>he a used her physically and sexually and then made her life hell and also filed for custody of the kid
>her other ex was a cop on a power trip who mistreated her as well
>her most recent ex was a soldier who had ful blown ptsd and anger issues from his several combat tours and injuries, watching friends die etc
>starts going off on me about how shitty her life is and all that jazz
>I'm not your beta orbiter
>start telling her stuff from the other guys side
>UFC fighter is the kids biological dad so he has as much right as you to see the kid, thinks didn't work between you two but that doesn't exclude him from wanting to be their for his baby
>no excuses for cop bro lol fuck that guy
>(I'm a marine) soldier bro is clearly suffering from some deep issues come on dude you can't expect a man who's been broken so far to just be normal
>poor guy was adopted too geez he should see to getting some help, never leave a man behind etc etc
>I've seen some really shitty army wives cheat while the men are deployed, empty out bank accounts and take the kids away
>coworker girl goes ballistic
>your supposed to be my fucking friend asshole not side with the men who physically and mentally abused me! *CLICK*

Tl;dr I have the 'tisms
>>
>go to gym
>people offer to spot me
>people talk between sets
>people help each other in general
>>
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>35059412

You did the right thing, breh.
Last thing she needs is someone enabling her shit
>>
>>35056715
...they shared their chicken. Fuck man Im getting a little dude mist over here. No sarcasm. I wish more gyms were like that.
>>
>>35056607
This has never been my experience, but everybody's pretty nice where I'm from
>>
>>35060206
Yeah bro my boipussy got pretty moist from that too

No homo
>>
File: hyouki.jpg (155 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
hyouki.jpg
155 KB, 676x673
>>35055774
>people who complain to manageers
Like nigger do you have a life like grow a pair
Anyways op this is the right answer they seem like homos
>>35055792
>>
File: pepe.png (209 KB, 398x377) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
209 KB, 398x377
any time I see a really hot girl I try to ignore her

I mean, I don't want to be the guy at the gym that creeps on girls or stares at them, how do you handle situations like this?

im there to lift but im still a man who wants to look.
>>
>>35055774
If this story is true, that guys is a shithead, so you shouldn't care about him. The manager is a cunt for not dealing with aggressive members.
>>
>>35056315
They think you're slow and are giving you pity
>>
>>35055833

fuck me this is accurate af
>>
>>35055833
>ll my "friends" in the past have taken advantage of me, and why?
>Fuck those faggots and fuck people in general.

I feel this way too. Hell, I'm 21 and the most straight up people I know are people I bullshit with at work or school.

Everyone is so fucking clique-y. It gets old always having to be the one to initiate an attempt to hang out, just so I don't drink alone.
>>
>>35055833
Hey man, not all people are like that. It may be that you attract people like that, or you've just gotten really unlucky, but there are people out there who would never take advantage of you, you just have to find them.
>>
>>35060293
See hot grill, smile at her
If she smiles back go talk to her when it looks like she is getting water or resting.
Ask her out for coffee or lunch.
look at her then.

Or be a creeper and snatch mirror glances around the gym.
>>
>>35055774

That dude was just a fuckstain. I was doing squats when a fairly ripped dude asked if I wanted heel lifts to stop my hip angle closing ( he thought I was going on to my toes), I just told him I'm doing low bar.

He then did the whole "oh right low bar, I didn't even pay attention to that".

We both continued our workouts.

Moral is, I dunno. Some newbies are twats. It's not your problem if they injure themselves
>>
>>35055833

Except you're never gonna make it bruh. Looks like you should just kill yourself
>>
>>35056315

Do a vocaroo of your new found voice power.
>>
>>35060667
>picking up at the gym
gl
>>
>>35055774
should just mind your own business, if people want help or advice at a gym they will ask for it
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.