[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you do before a heavy workout? other than eat and drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: mike_tyson.jpg (280 KB, 800x1162) Image search: [Google]
mike_tyson.jpg
280 KB, 800x1162
what do you do before a heavy workout?

other than eat and drink a lot, of course
>>
>>35054357
Intermitten fasting
>>
>>35054383
crossfit ?
>>
>>35054357
I usually foam roll or lacrosse ball about an hour before, prepare my intra workout, mix my preworkout and head to the gym. Usually I'll get to the gym and chat with people(my gym is old school and has a community and people are social), I'll shoot the shit so I don't have to when I start working.
Then i'll do prefiring and dynamic neuromuscular stabilization while drinking my preworkout, I usually listen to motivational stuff and start to drop in and get focused. Takes about 30 mins depending on what I'm doing, I do the least for pull days, slightly more for push, and longest for squats. Then I'm ready.
>>
>>35054396
>prefiring and dynamic neuromuscular stabilization

could you describe what that is?
>>
>>35054357

>Che
>>
>>35054462
It would be really complicated.
Just google it, but basically i practice vertical breathing, stabilizing the spine.
here is an example of a prefiring warm up, I pretty much copy exactly on my leg days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN6HAheRHYQ
But there are lots of different exercises but essentially the idea is that you breakdown what ever compound movement into its parts and you work that movement pattern at various tempos with a lot of specific attention to how you maintain a brace in your core during those movements.
>>
Is Mike Tyson builtfat? How do I unlock this mode?
>>
>>35055044
get old, work out little, eat a lot and party hard
>>
>>35054833
>racist genocidal mass murderer tattoo

Yes, he's a dumbass.
>>
>>35055035
What about if we don't have 11 hours to spare?
>>
>>35055035
>>35054462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_ASgvr-y0&list=PLlQpsUduPwnH4Umm3fKrBG3V_ZrtlXU--&index=18
Here is another example of something I'll do, especially on deadlift days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dseNVjRJikQ&index=36&list=PLlQpsUduPwnH4Umm3fKrBG3V_ZrtlXU-- Something ill do when I bench, then I'll use bands to actually warm that whole area up.
>>
>>35055111
Well then don't do what I do.
it takes time, I have a busy schedule but I have it fit in, but I get that that isnt gonna work for everyone.
OP asked what I do, and that's what I do because it works in my schedule, usually.
>>
food, sleep, coffee/sugar
>>
>>35055125
It seems good but I don't have much time what with work and baby sitting my wife's son.
>>
>>35055150
Yeah I mean i wouldnt say what I do isnt 100% necessary but it has really helped me progress quickly and avoid injury, i train with a ton of volume, lots of intensity, and lots of weight, so I feel like doing that kinda stuff is very important but if youre goal is just to come into the gym and make some gains, then yeah dw about doing all that stuff.
If you are interested, take a couple of those things and toss them in.
>>
>>35055035
very interesting, thanks man
>>
5 minute jog, foam roll, static stretches, dead hangs.
>>
>>35055035
Sorry horizontal breathing.
do not do vertical breathing, that's what we are trying to fix.
>>
>>35054357
>other than eat and drink a lot
don't even do that desu lad senpai
>>
>>35055220
> jog, stretches

two things they say you shouldn't do
>>
>>35055777

I read that static stretching is bad before lifting but whats wrong with a light jog to warm up?

Also checked
>>
>>35055931
Dynamic stretches are good. Static bad.
Dead hang also bad, do shoulder dislocations and and band pull-aparts
>>
>>35055937

yes yes I do these but I generally do some light cardio to warm up, is that bad??
>>
>>35055955
No it's not bad. It's recommended actually.

Gets the blood flowing into the muscles and reduces injury rates by allowing the muscle and tendons to slowly adapt to increased stress instead of immediate acute stress.

It's like tugging on a rope compared to slowly pulling on it.

The chances of that rope breaking are going to be much greater when you tug on it compared to when you pull on it and gradually add force.
>>
wake up
>>
File: wtf.jpg (40 KB, 618x459) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
40 KB, 618x459
>>35055095
>Mike Tyson
>work out little
>>
>>35054383
Intermittent fapping
>>
>>35056069
He's said he didn't really lift when he was younger
I'm sure he did a shit ton of conditioning/boxing drills though
>>
>lifting heav
>every
>>
How to Warm Up for Lifting
Posted on October 28, 2013

[Picture of a guy cramming a foam roller up his rectum.jpg]

Caption: Joe DiFranco, apparently not satisfied with wasting America’s time with the “Agile 8” has now released the “Limber 11” Next – the “Fruity 14”

Listen, I am grossly unqualified to tell you how to warm up if you are:

grievously injured (note: if you injured yourself lifting weights, you are dumb)
about to hurdle, kickbox, pitch in the World Series or do any manner of things that ARE NOT LIFTING WEIGHTS for general strength/raw powerlifting
Real Old. 30 is not old. 35 is not old. You should not be “slowing down” at 35 unless you are getting ready to retire after 15+ years of pro sports/the infantry. 40 is not old. How old is Real Old? I’ll let you know when I get there. But feel free to ignore my advice if you have a. mostly gray hair b. a beard like Santa c. grandkids.

Otherwise, here’s how to warm up in three easy steps (really two):
>>
>>35056498
1. Wear Warm Clothes. Warmer than the conditions would normally require. The least clothing you should wear to the gym is T-shirt and shorts. And that is if your gym is Roasting hot. I workout in a sweat shirt, t-shirt, baggy shorts (I hate squatting in long pants, but if I absolutely must, i.e it’s 40 degrees in the gym, I’ ll wear wind pants over top at least for my warmups), long soccer-type socks (for deadlifting) and a beanie/ball cap. Of course you may remove layers as you warm up.

If you are male and you work out in a tanktop, you are no doubt a vain, image-obsessed, muscle-pumper who likes ogling themseves in the mirror, and/or who likes to flex to “impress” other men & women in the gym. Please stay away from the weights and go directly to the tanning booths where there are better mirrors, and maybe an orgy.

If you are female and you work out in a) sports bra b) belly shirt c) booty pants – you are a whore who likes to show off her goods in public. Again, stay away from the weights in case chlamydia becomes airborne-transmittable. Go lie on the mats and do some leg spreading stretching IOT better accomplish your real purpose in attending a gym.

2. Lift Weights. Start with the bar. Do 10 reps. Do less if you get bored. Do more if you are sore or old. I like to get a good stretch with the bar on this first set only. Note: Don’t go crazy. Like pause deep in the hole on a couple of squats. Or do a couple bench presses to your neck.

Then add weight like this (for a single with 315): 45 (bar) x10, 95×6, 135×4, 185×3, 225×2, 275×1, 295×1.
>>
>>35056510

3. Do not do any of these things before you lift heavy weights: foam rolling, stretchng, lunges, cardio, running, jogging, stretching, band-pulling, anything with a stability ball, anything with a kettlebell, waving your arms around, hopping, stretching, riding the exercise bike, stretching, or talking to other people (asking about when you can work in, or nodding hello are acceptable)

These things waste your time, tire you out, have no purpose, cost money and/or make you look foolish.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.