[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, got a question about building arm muscle. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: illude my opticals10.jpg (42 KB, 555x520) Image search: [Google]
illude my opticals10.jpg
42 KB, 555x520
Hey /fit/, got a question about building arm muscle. I've got really weak wrists from years of falling on them combined with poor nutrition(next to zero calcium). What are some ways I can work out without having to use my wrist? I can barely pick up 5 lbs without leaving my arm from the elbow down sore.
>>
>>35054265
You're picture is stupid and you should feel bad.
>>
>>35054265
Thanks for posting that edit.

Thank you.
>>
>>35054277
>you're
>your

your spelling is piss poor and you should feel bad.

In other news, I too have a weak wrist from a crash that broke my thumb. It didnt heal correctly, so the only pushups i can do are knuckle ones as they keep my wrist straight.

Ive actually found that wrist guards that you can get from walmart or some place shitty that kids have for skateboarding tend keep my wrists straight when doing curls. Give them a try, and if they're shit, you only spent like, $5
>>
>>35054265
Listen man, read the sticky, it doesn't answer your question but you have so little prerequisite knowledge that giving you specific advice wouldn't even be helpful. You don't have the background knowledge to even absorb advice.
If you have specific injuries in your wrists, like tendonitis, that is one thing and I'd like to help you with that but you gotta do a bit more man, you can't just come here and want to get spoonfed, that would be a waste of my time and yours.
>>
>>35054305
I've found that I can pick myself up if I use my fingers, not my hand.

>>35054315
>I can't use my wrist
I don't know what more explanation you need than that. I don't see why I need a doctor's recommendation to get advice from you but thanks for taking your time to tell me to not waste your time
>>
>>35054265
>how prongs are there?
>>
>>35054338
try the shitty wrist guards then. see if that works.
>>
>>35054345
i was actually going to put more into that response but got distracted by the second person rip. But yea I'll try that out. I had my arm and hand wrapped on and off for the past couple weeks, but my hand has started to swell really easily so I'm giving that some time off. Wrist guards actually were my next step. I'm looking more for actual arm exercises I could do that wouldn't put a strain on my arm below the elbow. The only thing that comes to mind is (like the one you do with your legs to pull up, let down).
>>
>>35054338
When you say "you cant use your wrist" what does that mean?
Is there pain? Is it a chronic inflammation injury?
Is it muscular weakness? You seem to think calcium and bone strength has something to do with it, which is unlikely.
That's what I meant when I said, do a bit more research, you don't have the prerequisite knowledge.
>>
>>35054421
Calcium was in regards to the bone being weak, which may or may not exacerbate the problem when falling is involved (which it has been many times). It was also a general malnutrition point, since I'm sure there are other things I'm not getting due to my allergies.
>is there pain?
yes, constantly sore. inflammation? I'm not sure. It swells up some times, especially if it's under pressure.
>When you say "you cant use your wrist" what does that mean?
literally what it says senpai. I can use my mouse to play video games, I can drive, brush my teeth and eat, not much else. Being that this is /fit/ and that my question is about what exercises I can do that don't involve my wrist, I had assumed the people reading it would be able to comprehend the question I'm trying to get answered.

Direct quote from OP: "What are some ways I can work out without having to use my wrist?"

You don't need to know my medical history to be able to answer that question.
>>
>>35054366
>my arm and hand wrapped on and off for the past couple weeks, but my hand has started to swell really easily so I'm giving that some time off. Wrist guards actually were my next step. I'm looking more for actual arm exercises I could do that wouldn't put a strain on my arm below the elbow. The only thing that comes to mind is (like the one you do with your legs to pull up, let down).

The skating wristguards i got because i was learning to roller skate for mens derby. They have this plastic bend that runs along the wrist and up into the palm. Its made keeping my wrists straight while doing the curls and overhead shoulder stuff.

wrist exercises, like the good doctor above me said, you'll need to be more specific with your condition.

If its inflammation, certain wrist movements and strengthening will make it worse, etc.
>>
>>35054474
Wrist free exercises, not wrist exercises. I will worry about my wrists when they are both fully healed. I can use my left, but not my right. I just want to be able to work on my arms without further injuring my wrist
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.