[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /fit/, my hip flexors are as tight as a 5 year old pussy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 359.jpg (102 KB, 600x294) Image search: [Google]
359.jpg
102 KB, 600x294
so /fit/, my hip flexors are as tight as a 5 year old pussy.

What do I do?
>>
>>35053225
bridges
>>
>>35053225
MOLDING MOBILITY
AND
STARTING STRETCHING

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
>>
>>35053225

I want to rape your hip flexors.
>>
Anteriorpelvic tilt crew checking in due to tight hip flexors, tight ankles, weak hams and weak core.

Stretch your hip flexors/ quads, strengthen hammies and glutes and core, foam roll throracic area of spine because you're likely slightly kyphotic there as well (rounded) to compensate for your lordosis in your L-spine area.

Mine developed to the point where I couldn't bend without acute pain in my lower back. I've just begun the long journey to correct it all via stretching and working on weak areas.
>>
>>35054165
Are you lengthening hamstrings as well?
That's a big one. Note I said lengthen, not necessarily stretch, if you don't know what I mean, I can totally explain.
I have helped a lot of guys with pelvic tilt, you seem to have a good grasp on it, you will fix the problem doing what you are doing, but if you have any questions or want recommendations, things I and others have done, fire away.
Also are you kyphotic? I like that you have correctly identified the association between the two, I can't tell you how many guys i see just doing facepulls with no concept of how imbalances cascade. That being said, don't neglect direct yolk work if you are kyphotic. Anyway it seems like you have it figured out, but feel free to ask questions if you want a second opinion.
>>
>>35054360
>Note I said lengthen, not necessarily stretch, if you don't know what I mean, I can totally explain
>rambles on fire a paragraph and does not explain

Brah...c'mon
>>
Mine were aswell, it takes forever to fix.

Do Joe defranco's agile eight (or limbar eleven). I usually do it right before a deadlift or squat workout.

remember not to lean forward on the squat.

You will make it, anon.
>>
>>35053225
There's all sorts of bidnis out there.

I would say passive release is easy and I found it the most beneficial. It just takes 20 minutes and you shouldn't get up suddenly afterwards. Also look up pandicular response, some movements like that help to get some of the more stubborn bits relaxed.

There's all sorts of other business that you can look up, but I would say if you're going to do any stretching (like from the Supple Leopard guy) make sure to also do some strengthening movements. Bridges are decent, happy baby (pic related) is a good warm up to get the psoas firing better, plus isometrics are solid. Stretch the night before, strengthen the morning after and you'll be solid.
>>
>>35054374
I mean if the guy knows what I mean, why would I explain.
If not then here you go, lengthening is about stretching for longer periods of time, obviously you absolutely would not do this around training times.
So go to the gym, take a resistance band and put it on a rack, lie on your back with the rack behind you and do a raised leg stretch with the band. Hang out like that for 3-5 minutes.
Just bring it to the point of tension, don't stretch into the tension, it shouldnt be painful.
Then work your way in a little bit more, you will notice you are significantly looser there, do another 3-5 minutes.
Do this 3-5 times alternating legs and moving in closer, it can take a long time. The key is not to stretch too hard into the tension, just get a bit past the point where it gets tight and hang out there. Really focus on relaxing, deep breath.
>>
>>35054996
When I mean go in closer, I mean move farther away from the rack on the floor, increasing the resistance in the band.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.