[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck do you guys do when your lifts all of a sudden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1448330802960.jpg (46 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
1448330802960.jpg
46 KB, 500x266
What the fuck do you guys do when your lifts all of a sudden start getting weaker?

I was fine last week, hitting PRs, perfect form, but then this week everything has been shit.

Wat do. And wat feel?
>>
Have you been getting less sleep?
>>
>>35051966
Deload
Build back up
Also make sure you're consuming plenty of semen, try to go for the guys who are making the biggest gains.
>>
Its just accumulated fatigue.

Or... I like to think of it as your body building new muscle or improving cns. Kind of like updating a highway. You gotta close a lane or 2 in order to make some repairs or expand the road.
>>
>>35051979
Sleep schedule has been fucked up for a while now. But it started way before I started hitting the new gym where I'm at. Got adequate sleep so I was making progress. Dunno what the fuck is happening now. Its the same.

>>35051994
And I'll try those both out thanks :^)
>>
>>35052016
So what do I just take more rest days off and sleep and eat? Tuesday was rest day. Yesterday chest and shoulders and today was legs and back. I rest 2 times a week.
>>
>>35052033

I dont know what you should do. Do you use supplements? Which ones?
>>
>>35051966
It's the barometric pressure in the weather.
>>
Time for a deload, I cut all my working sets back by 25-50% based on how long I've been going hard. It's a process to build the weight back but your muscles can take some time off. Most important is to maintain good sleep and plenty of food. Don't go opposite fatty and starve yourself since you don't work as hard your body needs those calories to heal and grow.
>>
>>35052047
ON Gold standard whey
One-a-day pro series multivitamin
BPIsports BCAA

Recently started taking creatine x3 by six star. Could be the issue but it seems so insignificant.

Other than that diet has mainly consisted of beans and rice (beaner here) and was making great gains up until now.
>>
Just back off and focus on form. Do a couple extra reps per set. It should feel easy. Take 3 extra rest days throughout the week, don't track your lifts, and don't try to break any records for the FOLLOWING week. Then proceed as planned.
>>
>>35052033
lol noob? i rest like 5 days a week
>>
>>35052081
How long on the creatine? Cycle off for a week for real if it's been a few months.
>>
>>35052095
Two days lol.

But within those two days my lifting has become problematic.
>>
>>35052081

Cool, i was just wondering if you use creatine but i see that you do.

If you want to try, i take 200-400mg caffeine and 1g glutamine and i train fasted. I go to he gym almost directly after i wake up no food is important. Ever since ive been doing this the workouts have been pretty dope. Then after my workout i go have a nice breakfast and go to work.
>>
>>35052143
Could i still achieve a bulk fasting?
>>
>>35052157

Yeah you just eat after you workout rather than before your workout. Its a tiny shift in meal timing. You still eat ehat you have to that day.

Anyway ive been doing this for the last 2 months and just dont remember having a bad day.

I used to pay attention to what i eat but now it seems like being hungry is the way to get the best out of your body. The caffeine is merely to shut down your appetite for 2-3 hours while u workout.

I use preworkout sometimes but usually its just a caffeine pill.
>>
>>35052175

Hey man i gotta go. Just sharing something that worked for me. I realize you might not be able to do it if your schedule has you working or in school when you wake up.

I was on your boat though and i feel like i figured it out for me. Our bodies are different though so maybe this might not work for you as well.
>>
>>35052184
Ill try it out thanks alot anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>35051966
Have a rest, figure out what's wrong. Easiest way to do this is with a de load.

I know I have a minor cold atm so if I'm weaker than usual it's probs that. Another one I find commonly happens to me is if I get something like a crick in my neck or similar soreness in my lower back or legs. You can "leak power" if your form/movement is off anywhere in the body on full body compounds, and this reduces how much you can lift. Foam roller and stretching is about all you can do and just put off your workout until later.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.