[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a better running shoe than the nike free run 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: free run 2.jpg (74 KB, 575x390) Image search: [Google]
free run 2.jpg
74 KB, 575x390
is there a better running shoe than the nike free run 2?
>>
brobably not desu
>>
>>35050559
why would you run unless you're a nigger?
>>
>>35050590
>why would you run
>>
lmao so none of y'all niggas run i guess. enjoy your heart attacks
>>
>>35050559
Brooks Glycerine 13
>>
I run in Saucony Cohesions because I run like 300 miles a month and don't want to spend 2k per year on trainers.
>>
>>35050559
thats not an actual running shoe if you want to put on serious mileage. go to a running store and get fitted for a show and get inserts
>>
File: gyakusou.jpg (146 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
gyakusou.jpg
146 KB, 1500x1500
>>35050737
are these not actual running shoes either?
>>
>>35050755
Im not an expert but I started running in shoes like that and got a shin splint real fast. I switched to asics gel cumulus 16 and got inserts from the doctor. Had them molded. If you are serious about mileage and speed workouts go for it. Im sure those would be ok for jogging casually
>>
>>35050559

Saucony Triumph ISO 2
>>
>>35050559
Every single minimalist shoe with thin soles
>>
>>35050881
Fucking terrible advice

Brooks shoes are the best basic running shoes IMO, Beasts are pretty good
>>
>>35050906
Fucking terrible advice

Minimalist shoes are the best for running.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 214x317
>>35050911
>>
>>35050911

skelly detected
>>
>>35050911
Why would you think that? Do you have any evidence? Running shoes provide support and protection. If you were right, wouldn't professional runners wear minimalist shoes (they don't)
>>
>>35050964

A lot of people got into running because of Born To Run. Funny because Jurek wears Brooks non-minimalist shoes and he was the only real athlete in that book.
>>
>>35050911
As someone who has been running in free runs for 6 months this is not true. I have been having calf pain and almost certain that the lack of padding is the issue.

Short distance - fine.
Long distance - will cause pain.
>>
>>35050911
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
Not very fancy but i love them
>>
>>35051028
your ancestors ran for miles on their bare feets

dont be a bitch
>>
>>35051063

Not on pavement, bruh.
>>
i run in asics kayanos (for flat feet/need support)

is there a shoe i can run AND lift in?
>>
>>35051063
They also died like flies you retard
Natural=/=better
Running shoes are designed to help the human body achieve more, a similar thing could be said of belts
>>
>>35051136
Basically, no. Both activities require opposing things ultimately (as an example, you want no cushion in lifting to maximize force, but cushion in running helps spring feet forwards)

Depending on how serious you are, you could get by with some cross fit shoe possibly, but better to get different shoes desu senpai
>>
>>35050661
Intense weightlifting with minimal rest is a far better form of cardio than "running", but if you enjoy smashing up your joints while failing to stress the vast majority of muscles in your body and thus the vast majority of the heart's functions, then go ahead. Be careful though, the heart attack rate among runners is extremely high.
>>
>>35051257

You're an incredible idiot if you actually believe this.
>>
>>35051257
Fucking fit I swear to god. The bloody mental gymnastics required to think that lifting is better CARDIO than running. Your no better than a fucking fatty if you're too lazy to do cardio
>>
>>35051257
>vast majority of muscles in your body and thus the vast majority of the heart's functions
What do you think the heart actually does?
>>
>>35051136
>>35051146
not exactly..

running shoes are cushioned to lessen the impulse on you feet

lifting shoes are hard because cushioning changes your balance when doing squats and deads

running shoes can be used for the vast majority of lifting, but lifting shoes are best for squats and dead lifts, or barefoot for dead lifts.
>>
>>35051257
>heart attack rate among runners is extremely high
*citation heavily needed
also, guaranteed weightlifting vascular issues vastly outweigh runners
>>
File: 4bf.png (181 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4bf.png
181 KB, 625x626
>>35051296
>>35051277
>>35051289
>>35051265
guiz don't be this gullible
>>
>>35051294
it's actually pretty dangerous to lift in running shoes which are often built to stop pronation so push the ankles a certain way
>>
Nike makes some shit running shoes, they will probobally look cooler and you're paying for the logo etc, but real running shoes for distance your gonna want to pick up at a running shoe-store.
>>
>>35051317
reread my post
>>
>>35050559
wtf, why would I buy shoes from Nike? Are they even known for providing quality running shoes? I don't even think my local running store stocks Nikes. I'll stick to my Asics and Brooks.
>>
>>35051327
I wasn't disagreeing with you
>>
>>35051257
this is mercola tier bullshit
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.