[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fat fuck here, how do you find motivation ? so far i tried being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: abe.jpg (21 KB, 689x400) Image search: [Google]
abe.jpg
21 KB, 689x400
fat fuck here, how do you find motivation ?
so far i tried being positive, being really negative and reading about motivational stuff and it didnt do shit.
>>
>>35049309
Looking better and being healthier should be your motivation.

What you need is discipline.
>>
Working on losing weight after a lifetime of being fat rn. There's really no point relying on motivation. Motivation comes and goes.

You just have to be strict with yourself. "Today I'm going to do X exercise and eat X amount of food. Regardless of how I'm feeling, how the weather is, how busy I am, etc."

Just kick your own arse into doing it.
>>
>>35049321
and how do you get discipline if you have none at all ?
>>
>>35049457
By forcing yourself to do something and continuing to do it.

Literally no other way.
>>
Look in the mirror fatty.
>>
If you are waiting to feel motivated you are going to be waiting your whole life.

Do something you don't enjoy to get the result you want from it, not everyone falls in love with working out but they do fall in love with how they look and feel after doing it consistently
>>
>>35049309
90lbs here.

I just got into robot mode and started doing what needed to be done without really setting a time where everything would be "perfect"

I just tracked my progress and as long as progress was made I was good. Of course some days I felt as if my big gut and love handles would never go away but I just ignored those feelings and kept of going. I still need to lose like 30 or 40 pounds but I don't give a fuck anymore. I lift. Run. Protein. And sleep. Everyday I feel a little closer to my goal.
>>
Try not to think about the fact that yiu have to work out right now and just do it. Usually as soon as i start doing something i get into it and it doesnt seem that bad
>>
>>35049309

if it's girls you want, know that girls are superficial

and even if you dont care about girls, people treat you better when you are fit

health is nice but the world honestly treats you better if you look better.
>>
>>35049522
What he said that people treat you better is true.
It's funny. Sad but true.
>>
abe vigoda is so cool
>>
File: saddam freeing palestine.jpg (38 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
saddam freeing palestine.jpg
38 KB, 427x300
>>35049309
I just look at Saddam-era propaganda.

I don't know why, but it gets me real pumped up.
>>
>>35049503
>90lbs
>still need to lose 40lbs

are you a skeleton or like 2 feet high ?
>>
>>35049309
>fat fuck here, how do you find motivation ?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fuck fuck fuck, g'dammit. Stop falling for this trap.

Ok look anon I was in you place about 3 months ago, I kept looking for "inspiration", I'd join in with all the other anons in motivational threads, posting heroic images, powerful qutoes from historical figrues and thrilling music video. I'd save folders worth of them, but all it was, was motivational mastrubation. Making me feel good for one moment, making me promise "no tomorrow I begin the rest of my life, get the body I know I have deep down and eventually the life I desire" And you know what, it was all a crock of shit. You have enough motivation to do everything that you want, you don't need any more excuses to stoke the fire, now listen here, this is the hard part ot hear so I'm going to spell it out simply:

YOU. DON'T. NEED. MOTIVATION. YOU NEED. DISCIPLINE!
I'll say it again.
You don't need motivation, you need discipline.

Motivation is the heroin of feelings, discipline it the health food. It may not taste good, may not feel nice, but dammit it's what you need. You don't need some motivational poster hanging above you head telling you "Just Believe" you need to go to the gym and do what you know you have to do. But here's a little bit of hope, you know that feeling you get after working out "the pump" as they call it, that's the free sample of the body you are working for. It's the preview what you can have on a permanent basis if you keep at it, best part, it only gets better and better and better the longer you keep doing it. You body becomes more inline with that biological potential you are capable of deep down. So do this, tomorrow bust you ass at the gym for 1 solid day, then take a look at the mirror, and see that the man looking back at you is just a little bit more proud, a little bit stronger, a little bit more capable. Then you might start to see that in the end you are your own motivation.
>>
>>35049309
How fat? Also fat here.

How do I get motivation?

Firstly, I weigh myself every few weeks. I dont do it every week because I know I will be pissed if I havent lost any weight. Every 2-3 weeks almost guarantees I will have lost weight.

I can always feel myself getting fitter. My preference is to stick to one kind of cardio. Could be treadmill, cross trainer, swimming etc. Normally I choose one and stick to it for a month. In that month I always see really good progress. Then I move to the next cardio equipment once I hit whatever mini target I set for myself.

Finally, that t-shirt in the wardrobe that didnt fit last month, go and try it on. If you've lost some weight, its going to feel looser. Before you know it, something that was skin tight now fits you again, and then suddenly its too big.

Just a few things that work for me
>>
>>35049717
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

don't type like cancer
>>
You either want it or you don't, or something will make you want it more. Honestly I was 290# when Zyzz died and I decided that on the anniversary of his death I wasn't going to be a sad fat cunt anymore. Find something that makes you hate yourself enough to change.
>>
>>35049309
Competition.
The urge to be better than someone or everyone is the best motivation.
>>
>>35049462
>>35049457
I was overweight and hated exercising so I understand where you are. But just force yourself and stick with it, don't depend on your motivation to do what you must do, that's why you are a man and not a woman who acts based on their mood, we act based on our duty, and one of your duty is to preserve your health. Plus by doing that you'll look much better. And you'll acquire discipline and mental strength that will help you in other aspects of your life. It helped me.
>>
>>35049719
320lbs 6ft2
>>
>>35049309
I used to hate lifting, then I started doing it with friends. We laugh and take the piss out of each other all the while and have a good time, and now it's fun to go to the gym, and I look forward to it.
>>
Don't worry about motivation, make a simple routine you can force yourself to stomach regularly, even if it isn't more than a few pushups at first or jogging a mile, and stick with it for several days a week. Then add to your intensity, and throw in other shit to fill your routine over time; hit the gym and start lifting when you're ready for that, just keep adding to it until you have something solid, eventually you'll find yourself looking forward to workouts on your rest days, and enjoying it.
>>
File: sad-frog.jpg (47 KB, 549x534) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog.jpg
47 KB, 549x534
>>35050010
>friends
>>
>>35049457
Suffer more. Seriously, if you arent ready then you arent ready. Keep suffering and one day it might just overwhelm you and youll have the motivation
>>
>>35049309

Your body is a vessel for your hopes and dreams. Remember, 'it was only business'.
>>
>>35049457
At first you just push it to the limit. Then it becomes just another thing you do.
>>
Tfw noticable mirror fatloss gains on 1500 kcal diet. Weigh myself. No weight loss after 2 months. Just fuck my shit up. Do my eyes decieve me?
>>
>>35049640
I meant I lost 90lbs
>>
>>35049457
you realize how much you hate yourself, and you prove to yourself that you can beat yourself.

basically if you don't have that initial spark, it will be exceedingly difficult for you to find any motivation at all. and you need to make sure it comes from yourself, don't make girls or anything else your motivation or it will falter eventually. build the foundation on your own
>>
>>35049309
btw didn't notice you said you were fat, I was obese and lost almost all my fat through sheer determination and discipline with no help or training. so it can be done
>>
Everyone will say pull it from within cause they are all redpill wannabes but its hard to take pride in yourself if you feel completely worthless I've been there. Look at how hot girls want to fuck ripped guys and not you, or look at some of the transformation threads at bodybuilding.com and notice the progress people have made in the same time you've talked/thought about starting to lift. Something that will get you angry and make you panic about the time you're wasting, anything really to get you started. Then once you start seeing the result you will get addicted to the self improvement aspect
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.