[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one here that barely see any carryover from one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Jeff-Seid-Natty-Or-Not.jpg (74 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Jeff-Seid-Natty-Or-Not.jpg
74 KB, 640x960
Am I the only one here that barely see any carryover from one lift to another? In example a lot of people here say that if Your squat goes up so does Your deadlift.

I could rep 125kg atg on squats, then I tried out deadlifts and could only do 85kg without rounding my back.

I could Close grip bench 100kg for reps, then I tried out push ups and could literally only do 3 reps, weighing 85kg. I tried out overhead press as well and could only get 40kg for like 4 reps.
Oh and Yeah, I literally couldnt even deadlift my bench press, even though my squat was a lot higher than my bench.

And before you talk about leverages, when I was a beginner I did overhead press and deadlift, I even focused more on those exercises. I could deadlift 2x my bench press, and I could overhead press 55kg for a few reps and my bench was only like 65kgs. After that I stopped overhead press and deadlift for a while.

That is why Ive cut out all high risk lifts, like squat deadlift and bench press. It won't get you "overall" strong as you might believe. If you are very strong in the 3 powerlifts and put in a real life situation where you have to flip a tire, a much smaller person who practices flipping tires would totally dominate you. In fact, some bro who only Trains on machines in the gym who is bigger than you would probably beat you as well because he has more muscle mass overall.

I just Train like a bro now, I don't give a fuck about getting strong in the powerlifts when I have no intention of competing. I've entered "bro mode" and just go to the gym to hypertrophy the muscle, so I pick the safest lifts that I also enjoy doing. Dont even give a fuck its on a machine or freeweight as long as its safe and gets the job done. No more back, shoulder, elbow pain and so on just because some autists on the internet told me to lift Heavy weights.

>INB4 butthurt rippetoe cult members
>>
>>35048938
>I just Train like a bro now, I don't give a fuck about getting strong in the powerlifts when I have no intention of competing. I've entered "bro mode" and just go to the gym to hypertrophy the muscle, so I pick the safest lifts that I also enjoy doing. Dont even give a fuck its on a machine or freeweight as long as its safe and gets the job done. No more back, shoulder, elbow pain and so on just because some autists on the internet told me to lift Heavy weights.
That's how most people should lift. You do need to gradually lift heavier to further muscle growth, but you don't need to do heavy sets of dangerous compounds. Gradually increase the weight of high rep sets of dumbbell bench, dumbbell shoulder press, arm exercises, etc, and you'll gain muscle.
>>
>u
>dyelzbulb
>asf
>desu senpai

Smh
>>
Gradually gain strength by adding 2.5 lb plates on each side weekly, biweekly, or however you feel comfortable progressing.
>>
>>35048938
Now, I'm no doctor or anything, but I'm pretty sure you're retarded and don't know how to lift correctly.
>can only do 3 push ups at 85kg
>unweighted
Come on.
>>
>>35048973

Yes, I still try to progressively overload on the lifts I do, but I've replaced all high risk lifts like squats and so on. These lifts have given a lot of joint pain in the past, luckily I didn't get seriously injured.

My point is just that telling beginners that just want to lookg good to squat and deadlift is a fucking troll. I used to look Down upon those big guys at the gym just training on the machines, meanwhile I was destroying my joints at the squat rack. Alot of People here have that attitude as well.
>>
>>35048999

Nope, believe it or not. Could literally bench press 100kg for reps With full rom and only do 3 strict push ups. Keep in mind I never did any push ups at all for a very long time.
>>
>>35048938
I lived in the wilderness for a year and could only do sled pull variations with rocks in a broken wheel barrow. I came back the next year and my squat went up 50lbs without any direct training.
>>
>>35049030
Yes, but based on your posts you're also probably dumb enough to not properly understand the mechanics of a correctly performed push up.
>>
>>35049015
Squats don't really ruin your joints. BACK squats ruin your back pretty easily. Sitting all day at a desk ruins joints.
>>
>>35049030
You can lie 100kg for reps? Huh. That's odd...
>>
>>35048938
Everything about this post points to poor form and lack of education.

That or lies and exaggeration.
>>
>>35049015
If a lift is causing injury, you shouldn't do it. I get it, you get it, I don't know why so many people here don't understand that.

If you can't properly do squats, do lunges. If you have trouble using your chest on the bench, do a dumbbell bench, or a machine that might help with chest activation. Do the exercises that best suit your body. Good job on looking past the trolls and seeing the truth.
>>
>ass to grass squats

I know OP is a troll but I fucking hate the ATG squat meme. No one can ever show any benefits of ATG squats over any other squat that hits parallel. Its also fucking retarded how ATG fanboys wave around olympic weightlifters as ATG squatters as if they dont wear special fucking shoes that totally change their squat mechanic and only squat that low since it has carry over to their sport.
>>
>>35049067
What
>>
>>35048938
>I can't deadlift my bench

Nah you just suck at training and are weak

/end of thread
>>
>>35049133
Its called bush gains you pleb
>>
>>35049133
Did you not watch Rocky IV?
>>
>>35048938
>275lb squat
>195lb deadlift

Lol there are women who can deadlift that within a month of lifting you weak cunt. Enjoy being "big" but having to call your mom when your couch needs moving.
>>
>>35049219
You seem very concerned about the ability of other people to call upon their body to exert lethal amounts of force as one kinetic chain.
>>
>>35049318
Well obviously, the hip drive is the foundation of every natural human movement.
>>
>>35049085
>>35049121
U mad 1 plate repper? Yes I could do 100kg and it took me a lot of work, ran smolov jr multiple times. But I understand that 90% of People on the internet e-stats because I barely see anyone ever in the gym doing that weight. But anyway, keep struggling pressing that 1 plate up sucker.

I think atg squats are pointless as well, but i just stated that because its significantly harder than a low bar squat.

>>35049219
Didnt you understand this post? There is no more carryover from freeweights than machines to real life activities, you get strong at what you do. So squatting if you just want to be "overall" strong is not going to happen.
>>
>I could Close grip bench 100kg for reps, then I tried out push ups and could literally only do 3 reps, weighing 85kg
this is not physically possible
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.