[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on supplements.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: pills.jpg (71 KB, 580x245) Image search: [Google]
pills.jpg
71 KB, 580x245
Redpill me on supplements.
>>
There are only there to supplement you if you cannot attain it from eating food.
>>
if it's over the counter it's worthless
>>
>>35047768
>creatine
>vitamin D
>zing, magnesium, b6
>maybe fish oil
>protein
Is GOAT
>>
>>35047985
This.
>>
>>35047985
You need k2 with your D pham
>>
>>35047768
B12 and whey is all I take
>>
is zma fine? or buy individual ?
>>
The only supps were taking are vitamins (either a multivitamin, or pills of a specific vitamin/mineral that you're lacking in), protein powder, fish oil, and for some people creatine. Even with the vitamins/protein, it would be better to just eat a well rounded diet to get all of your nutrients, but if you don't have the time/money, supps are better than nothing.
>>
Only two supplements are worthwhile, and that's fish oil and D3.

Everything else is a complete fucking scam.

Whey is a scam because you don't actually need so much protein to justify spending money for an entire supplement, and all the low price brands are amino spiked.

Creatine is significantly impactful in research studies, but has no noticeable effects in reality.

Preworkouts are the powdered jew. You're paying huge amounts for creatine, sugar, and trace amounts of other ingredients, most of which do nothing.

Zinc, magnesium, and B6 are plentiful in food and just one serving of fruits and vegetables gives you enough for the day.

Buy test, tren, and clen, if you really want good supplements.
>>
What for joints?

Fish oil? Any other?
>>
>>35048594
It's cheaper if individual
>>
they're all placebos.
>>
>>35048745
lol
>vitamins are placebo
yeah
>>
>>35048652
>Creatine is significantly impactful in research studies, but has no noticeable effects in reality.
Wrong.
>>
When cutting which supplements should I take?
>>
>>35048788
Green tea extract + coffeine + yohimbine.

Thank me later.
>>
just eat a shitload of vegetables if youre worried about supplements.
>>
>>35047768
You probably don't need it unless you're an american that exclusively eats boxed sludge.
>>
>>35048795
Why yohimbine? Thought it's only for ED.
>>
>>35048824
Yohimbine is one of the best half-legal fat loss supplements.
There are even studies about it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17214405
>>
>>35048841
That's an interesting study.

>>yohimbine supplementation appears to be suitable as a fat loss strategy in elite athletes

I'll assume that they just mean "people who do intense cardio"?
>>
>>35048860
You cant do intense cardio on yohimbine though, would be too hard for your body to handle.
Steady walking is enough.
>>
>>35047868
Why does government ban all the good shit
>>
>>35047868
tell me the good stuff nigger you know I got hook ups
>>
File: V__1C63.jpg (8 KB, 292x158) Image search: [Google]
V__1C63.jpg
8 KB, 292x158
>>35048652
>Creatine is significantly impactful in research studies, but has no noticeable effects in reality.

Do research studies exist outside of reality?
>>
File: 1347746252964.jpg (68 KB, 538x720) Image search: [Google]
1347746252964.jpg
68 KB, 538x720
>>35048652
>Zinc, magnesium, and B6 are plentiful in food and just one serving of fruits and vegetables gives you enough for the day.

But how can you know the amount of vitamins in mentioned fruits and veggies, that comes from different sources, most likely mass produced on artificialy fertilizered soil? Are you aware that the food that our grandparents ate is different than what we eat?
The biggest problem with supplements though is that your body wont absorb more than 20% of what you take. Which is why we should get our vitamins from food, but as I said, its harder and harder nowadays.
>>
>>35048554
>k2
Why?

I was taking vitamin D and I've heard it blocks your ateries or something if you take it on its own or something.
>>
>>35048893
They don't want men to become more masculine.
Feel free to take hormones to lower your test and make you more feminine though!
>>
>>35049004
K2 takes the calcium the D3 helps absorb into the bloodstream and directs it into the bone, without it you run the risk of calcified arteries at the higher D3 doses.
>>
>>35049428

uhm I take 2200ius . Is this considered a large dose ?
>>
>>35049756
Id say no, not really.
Many people take it up to 10.000 Ui or 50.000Ui.
>>
>>35049756
i think 5000iu is a large does, 2200 is mid dose, cant hurt to get some k2 though
>>
>>35048994
>But how can you know the amount of vitamins in mentioned fruits and veggies
Irrelevant, if you're not sick you don't need anything.
>>
Give me some opinions on LGD 4033
>>
>>35048994

The idea that your fruits and veggies grown through GMO or artificially fertilized soil have fewer nutrients is vegan bullshit.

It's been scientifically proven false. Just take the average amount listed for each serving to judge how much you need to eat
>>
>>35049798
The artificially fertilized is actually true, because plants are sped through to fruition, rather than having time to absorb the full amount of nutrients from soil. It's also due to different strains being favored, because they are faster growing, resistant, etc. ALSO, because quantity is favored over quality, such as a large head of broccoli, which rather than having more nutrients, has the same/less amount spread throughout, rather than a smaller one with more concentrated nutrients. One exception to this is carrots, because the brighter orange ones are favored today by consumers, which has more beta carotene (which is what the orangeness comes from)
>>
Creatine works, everything else is a hit or miss.
>>
All false prophets, look at guys in prison. It's all about time under tension measured in years unless you just dbol it.
>>
File: 91Gwo+ZUZGL._SL1500_.jpg (241 KB, 808x1500) Image search: [Google]
91Gwo+ZUZGL._SL1500_.jpg
241 KB, 808x1500
Seems like a good place to post it. This is made with real food instead of synthetic, so it should be good right? I was thinking of getting it instead of whey.
>>
>>35047985
>balls hang lower than dick
>>
>>35047768
if you have an actual balanced diet you do not need supplements. If you are working out heavy your diet should be adjusted accordingly. BTW supplements have no regulating body as they are neither food nor drugs so any claims they make about what they do or what they actually contain should ultimately be taken at face value.
>>
>>35048767
You do realize that vitamin supps have a very low absorption rate right?
If you seriously believe that your multivitamin does jack shit then the supplement jews have already won :^)
>>
>>35050243
GoL supplements are some of the best you can get as a vegan, but they definitely can't substitute real food (like any protein/meal replacement can't) or a meat/milk/egg based protein (like any vegan supplement can't).
>>
>>35050355
where in this thread did I say I took a multivitamin.
zinc
magnesium
vitamin d
vitamin k2
fish oil
astaxthin
creatine
>>
>>35050243
Whey protein isn't "synthetic" you fucking moron
>>
>>35050372
So do you NEED all this bullshit? Or did you read somewhere that they *may* have a marginal benefit?
>>
>>35050392
I live in Canada I am vitamin D deficient - we all are. k2 to go with that.
creatine works and I do better on my lifts - didn't use it for years use it now.
zinc magnesium - helped clear up acne for some reason. use magnesium for sleep. zinc makes me feel good and I cum more for whatever reason.
fish oil - probably bullshit but It makes me feel fuller on a cut and I just take it out of habit now.
astaxthin - dont see much sun makes me look tanner. also helps with my acne
>>
>>35050378
It has nothing to do with the protein. I was pointing out the micros wouldn't be from a synthetic multi
>>
>>35050416
Fair enough m8, you're one of the few people that can at least properly justify why they take 10 different supps
>>
>>35048705
Glucosamine with condroitine
>>
>>35048893

>steroids legal in UK
>nobody knows any fucking bodybuilders from the Uk
>illegal everywhere else
>
>>
General rule of thumb is the better quality a supplement is the more expensive it is. Quality is extremely important because supplements, unlike drugs, are not regulated by the US government. Also do your research before buying a supplement. For example, not all zinc supplements are the same, not all fish oil supplements are the same. However the $3.00 zinc oxide may be all you need and not the $8.00 zinc picolinate. ... But the $3.00 zinc oxide may be more likely to contain impurities some of which may be hazardous to your health. Even after you've purchased a supplement, and started to consume it regularly, continue to monitor your health - especially if you've never taken the supplement before and it has no RDA. When in doubt, follow the label for instructions on dosage for daily or regular consumption.
>>
Is it ok to take 3 tablets of 1000IU of vitamin D or is it too much to digest or something?
>>
Some vitamins interfere with each other and others need things like fat to really work. But RDAS are actually double what they should be in the rare case that someone really needs more.
>>
What would be the use of vitamin c supplementation ? My mom got me some tablets and I'm just wondering why would I take it.
>>
>>35051599
pill form literally nothing. topical helps with acne
>>
>>35051612

They are actually the water solluble tablets. So...can I rub them on my face and get rid of some acne spots ?
>>
>>35051642
water soluble means your body absorbs it with water. rubbing it on your face won't do anything. get the serum if you want it for your face it is cheap.
>>
>>35051655

Pardon me, I wanted to say that it's the ones that you throw in some water and get fizzy.
>>
>>35047985
All of those things you can get in a good diet

>>35048554
Really? So should I stock up on k2 pills for every time I go into the sun?

How did cavemen survive without this knowledge?

>>35048594
ZMA was created by a known fraudster

>>35048652
>fish oil
>d3

Top kek, did you know that most fish contain good amounts of D3? Or that you can go out into the sun and catch fish while you are out there?

>>35050768
kek, you obviously don't know the profit margins on pre-workouts and "fat burners"
>>
Do multivitamins really do jack shit? All I can find are news articles with no evidence.
>>
>>35051739
If you eat a healthy diet, that question becomes moot.
>>
>>35051739

Jack shit? Not really.

As much as they promise? Eh, depends on the pill. Depending on the exact sort of each vitamin in the pill you can have massive variances in how much of the dose you're actually absorbing, plus certain vitamins don't absorb well when taken with/without certain macronutrients and some actively inhibit the absorption of other vitamins when taken together. The end result is you can't really give blanket statements on whether multivitamins as a whole are good or bad, because you don't really know what someone is taking or why they might be taking it.
>>
>>35051757
Yet a multivitamin can contain zinc, magnesium and vitamin D, and I'm fine with taking a pill daily if it means I won't have a deficiency. My question is whether the pills have any effect at all?
>>
>>35051767
That makes sense, thanks.
>>
used a $15/40serve preworkout until now when ive noticed higher tolerance, quitting for 4-6 weeks to reset tolerance

bought cheapest protein, $53/2.27kg (83% protein by weight)

just now got some zinc/magnesium supplementation after taking a look at my diet and realising im probably not getting enough of those
>>
>>35051770
Yes, and you can get all of those from food and/or the sun.

As someone who sells supplements, don't waste your money.
>>
>>35050151
Source? Give me some sweet citation
>>
>>35048554
mk-7 form of k2 is best, look for that on the label

>>35049428
this man knows
>>
>>35047985
I started taking D3 daily and couldn't shit for two weeks.
>>
I dont care what anyone says, Zinc and L-Arginine are not placrbo effects. My sex drive is higher, and thr L-Arginine helps with sensitivity.

As for everything else, probably a placebo. I took creatine, multi vit, different sups. Didnt notice anything.

Besides Zinc and Arginine, Im just taking Magnesium and Vitamin D. Magnesium has helped me sleep longer, and vitamin D idk, but I take ot because I work nights and its cheap so whatever
>>
>>35051721
0768 here.

I tend to avoid pre-workout supplements that are blends unless I already know how each individual ingredient affects me, the dosage required to solicit the known effect, and the list of ingredients and dosages are readily available from the supplement manufacturer. That's why I tend to buy supplements seperately and stack them myself. It can be more expensive stacking them seperately, but unless I can get a better deal by getting a pre-workout blend, the price being paid is, again, for quality.

TL;DR Do your research.
>>
>>35050499
Anabolic steroids are class C mate
>>
>>35051821
Unfortunately I read it in a subscription only science magazine (newscientist, the absolute most amazing science magazine), but I tried finding one of the studies they cited in the article
>http://hortsci.ashspublications.org/content/44/1/15.full
But I didn't read the whole thing so I'm not sure if it addresses all the things I said.
>>
>>35051155
It has more to do with if you're deficient or not. To know this, you'd probably have to go to a doctor to get a blood test. However, there is also controversy around how much vitamin D to consume daily.

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/supplements/vitamins/article/vitamin-d-debate-continues
http://time.com/3761581/vitamin-d-deficiency/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-sarver-dolgen/vitamin-d-calcium-supplements_b_3543283.html
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/02/17/vitamin-d-supplements.aspx
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.