[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think back science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1442526555660.jpg (844 KB, 1000x1339) Image search: [Google]
1442526555660.jpg
844 KB, 1000x1339
Is it possible to get thick back without being able to do single pull up / chin up?
>>
Are you retarded OP?
>>
no. unless their thick back was concealed by a heavy layer of fat but that doesn't count i think
>>
>>35046736
No, as a natty you need to get strong to get big.
>>
>>35046747
OP here. Yup.
>>
show me some pics of natty animal level back made by pull ups
>>
File: 0279 - WbxB4XX.png (529 KB, 1015x1527) Image search: [Google]
0279 - WbxB4XX.png
529 KB, 1015x1527
>>35046736
what are
>rows
>deadlifts
>farmer's carries/walks
>lat pull down
DYEL?
>>
Is it worth it to do lightweight assisted pull ups to get the range of motion while continuing working towards doing non-assisted pull ups?
>>
>>35046736
How is it possible to not be able to do one pull up? Bait
>>
>>35046876
Thank you. All of my ''gym buddies'' claim that pull ups are superior to everything else.
>>
>>35046946
maybe hes a fat fuck or a skelly
>>
>>35046957
OP here. I'm pathetic skinnyfat bitch.
>>
>>35046930
no.
do "negatives"

jump up and squeeze yourself as hard as you can at the top of the bar. and slowly lower yourself down (try and do it as slowly as possible)

then jump back up, squeeze your chest to the bar, and slowly lower yourself again.

after do you a couple sets of negatives, feel free to do some assisted pull ups, but do the negatives first.
>>
>>35046955
>claim that pull ups are superior to everything else.
they aren't wrong.
but you can still get a nice back without them.

and by the time you started getting some strength in your lats, you would probably be able to do some pull ups..
>>
>>35046736
>being able
no
>doing
yes
>>
>>35046736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtrfXK7bcg
just learn to do pull ups, brudda mang.
inverted rows are a good exercise in the meantime, as are the replacements mentioned here
>>35046876
lat pulldown strength will translate more directly to pull-up strength, but all are effective (The farmer's are for gription, not your back - you are still gonna wanna do em)
>>
>>35047010
>The farmer's are for gription, not your back
Yes, but they also hit your upper back, more specifically your traps which will make your back look bigger
>>
File: 0389 - yn006hZ.jpg (50 KB, 588x601) Image search: [Google]
0389 - yn006hZ.jpg
50 KB, 588x601
>>35046736
Ok.

I sort of read through the entire thread and it seems like these are the conclusions.

>To lose WEIGHT (not body only FAT) a deficit is more than enough
>The CR (Calorie Restriction) group lost more weight during the first 10 weeks than the CR+EX (Calorie Restriction + exercise)
Which is why OP was arguing that exercise ALTHOUGH it has HEALTH BENEFITS, is not REQUIRED to lose WEIGHT and even was recommending people NOT to do SS CARDIO because it seems like your body adapts by reducing your metabolism to conserve energy. (Less T3 and that shit)
>People argued that maybe the CR+EX group GAINED MUSCLE which explains why they WEIGHT more than the CR group
>The muscle the CR+EX group gained raised their metabolism which is why after the first 10 weeks they CATCH UP to the CR group.

Correct?

So OP was not arguing for health benefits, body composition, or many other factors. He was PURELY arguing that if you want the numbers of the scale to drop, it was better not to exercise since you'd end up losing weight faster than if you did exercise. I AGREE with him.

But if we take into account body composition, and health, I think we all can agree exercise is beneficial and we will end up with a better body composition doing exercise + a calorie restriction.

Correct?
>>
>>35047744
Fuck I meant to post on this thread >>>35046763
>>
>>35046876
>without being able to do single pull up / chin up
If you can handle enough weight on any of those exercises to have a thick back, you can certainly do a pull-up, you troglodyte.

>>35046969
Do negatives. Also, obviously include row variations, deads, etc as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEUCQRkiKbU

nicee
>>
God damn, am I the only one mirin the fuck outta this dude's back?
>>
>2015
>doing chins and rows
>not doing bb rows, seated rows, wide grip lat pulldowns, close grip lat pulldowns, dumbbell rows, t bar rows
>>
>>35046736
Chop wood.
>>
>>35047851
Nice hair.
>>
>>35046876
on what character is this pepe based?
>>
>Calvin Klelvin Klein
>>
>>35046736
You literally need only 3 back exercises:
Pullups,Rows,and farmer's walks.
the rest are all memes.
>>
>>35047908
N-no homo
>>
File: laughing assad.jpg (282 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
laughing assad.jpg
282 KB, 2000x1000
>>35048034
>Calvin Klelvin Klein
>>
>>35047913
>Misses out the most important back excercise
Dropped
>>
Fuck I love Pull day.
>>
>>35048374
>i pulled my hamstrings
FUCK YEAH BABY
>>
>>35047744
Wat
>>
Do face pulls. A lot of them. Correctly. And lat pull downs and trap-3 raises, along with some carries. And of course do your compounds
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.