[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brehs I might have to undergo an accutane treatment in the near
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Brehs I might have to undergo an accutane treatment in the near future and I heard it might cause terrible joint pain. I'm doing SL and it's going really well, I don't want to have to fucking quit it.

Did anyone have to stop lifting for accutane? Should I switch to a low intensity program?
>>
Question of the mg you take, how bad is the acne?
>>
>>35046254
They said half my bodyweight which will be about 35mg. I have no idea if that's a lot or not. It's pretty bad. It looks like pic related but only my cheeks.
>>
You should be fine with 35mg
>>
You shouldn't switch to a different program. It'll be fine, 35mg is not a lot and you're unlikely to get joint pain from accutane to begin with.
>>
>>35046481
Thanks man. So it's not a lot then?
>>
Im on it right now, 40mg a day. Been on it for 3 weeks now.
Left shoulder hurts real bad.
All i can do is train legs. T-rex mode inc
>>
>>35046210
I didn't have to stop lifting when I did it, but my brother did.
Everyone reacts differently, won't know until you start the treatment.
>>
GOMAD
>>
>>35046513

I took it two times when i was 14 and 16 60mg is hardcore.

Now i am having mild acne and i am going for 3rd run.I am on 30 mg and its easy tolerable.
>>
>>35046545
How bad was/is it? How much do you weigh?
>>
I took 80mg a day a while back

Dry lips and had to drink a lot of water to stave off dehydration

Lifting didnt suffer at all

The horror stories are exactly that, outliers
>>
SS+ GOMAD NOW FAGGOT
>>
>>35046543
>>35046570
I'm already a fat shit
>>
>>35046560

back then i was 65kg i guess, it was really really really bad all over my back and face
>>
>>35046565
That's pretty much same experience as me. My lips got rekt but recovered just fine after. You really take your moist lips for granted.
>>
>>35046210
What are the causes of it? I'm 21 and never got acne in my life, not even in puberty, and can see a huge number of ppl at uni that look like that.
>>
>>35047014
Genetics that result in easily clogged pores or hair follicles; and overactive sebum production. Sometimes influenced by diet or hormonal changes.
>>
>>35046210
Results vary from person to person. I'm entering my 7th month now of 50mg at 80kg body weight, and side effects have been very minimal. Dry skin (mostly lip/face), and some days I've had some aching in my muscles.

Also I think my recovery is slightly worse than pre acu, but I've made very good gains while on it. Do it anon, I can guarantee you the results are worth it.
>>
Did any of you anons that went on accutane experience an initial breakout? How bad was it? Getting my pills monday.
>>
>>35046210

I was on a mid-range dose of accutant for 7-9 months or so when I was 19. I'm 20 now. I experienced no pain at all. Only side effect was bad chapped lips. You'll keep lifting just fine.
>>
Something must be wrong with NA's water supply or something. Very wrong. I study at an international European Uni and I have never witnessed such horrid face cancer ever. Poor yanks.
>>
Make sure you drink a fuckload of water and stock up on chap stick and eye drops, your eyes and lips will be drier than you ever imagined was possible.

You should be able to keep lifting, I think I was on 60 mg a day and apart from a couple weeks of random intense joint pain I was able to continue at the same intensity
>>
Not OP but I've got black acne scars on my butt and it looks unaesthetic. Is there anything I can do to remove them? Any home remedies?
>>
>>35047800
What is NA?
>>
im on 40 mg for one more week. then 80 for 4 more months. I only have chapped lips and get nosebleeds. The intial breakout wasnt too bad I guess.
>>
>>35047618
I didn't get one.
>>
>>35046210
I saw this article the other day about a vegan, no oil diet for cystic acne. The link is http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3332666/Identical-twins-suffered-horrific-cystic-acne-reveal-cleared-skin-banished-blemishes-THREE-DAYS-vegan-no-fat-no-oil-diet.html
>>
>>35047836
imma go ahead and assume he meant North America as he doesn't sound like an American
>>
how bad does your acne be before they prescribe it? i've had annoying fucking acne since like 16 now 21 and it's sometimes cystic... im on mynocycline and clindatech but it hasn't really helped
>>
>>35046210
Keto gets rid of acne
>>
I took accutane when I was 19.

It was easily the worst decision of my entire life. I never was the same afterwards, mentally or physically.

Pharmaceuticals are designed to make money, and the pharmaceutical companies don't give a fuck if their products harm you in the long-term.
>>
>>35050733
false
t acne beard
>>
>>35050752
elaborate
>>
>>35050150
> no fat
Kek
>>
>>35047830
Scars as in discoloration? That should go away with time. Slowly though. They have skin peeling or laser procedures for it but good luck explaining you want that for your butt.
>>
>>35050675
It's not so much the severity of it I think but rather the persistence. I'm OP and my acne is moderately severe. But I've struggled with it for a long time and exhausted all other options.
>>
>>35046565
Any depression episodes or suicidal behavior?
>>
>>35050752
this>>35050860
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.