[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone commute 40miles+ on their bike? I'm going to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1447523861034.jpg (35 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1447523861034.jpg
35 KB, 500x282
Anyone commute 40miles+ on their bike? I'm going to have to do this. Any tips besides eating like a boss and staying hydrated?
>>
Seems kinda far to me OP
>>
>>35045969

It's 24 miles to and from work, not 40 miles and 40 miles back btw
>>
I commute on my bike but it's only 5 miles each way. I guess just take it steady, give yourself loads of time, make sure you have puncture repair kit and so on
>>
>>35045946
Say bye bye to gains if you gonna do it every day desu.
>>
>>35046021
Did you skip math class in grade 2 senpai?
>>
>>35045946
i rode 75 miles once... was tired out for the whole day

eat like a motherfucker, don't wear what you're going to work in, and enjoy no gains
>>
>>35046057
>Anybody commute 40miles+

Yeah but apparently you didn't because your reading comprehension sucks.
>>
>>35045946
Figure out a way to motorize your bike or something OP you're not gonna be able to do this

But if you can actually do this make sure you have food and lots of time, repair kits etc.

Good luck m8
>>
>>35045946
Can't you take public transportation or is it that you're just trying to loose weight while riding to work?
>>
>>35046133

I'm poor as fuck but own a £740 road bike. It will cost £`11 for a return ticket. It would add up every day and I live by myself so fuck that.

>>35046057

No but I always rounded down because Idgaf.

>>35046114

Sorry bruh, every time I shag your mum she reads me a bed time story, need to read for myself more often.

>>35046090

Definite no gains I know :(
>>
>>35046090
>>35046197
>falling for the 'cardio kills gains' meme
This is the same sort of thing as "squats are bad for your knees". When people don't like something, they'll come up with stupid excuses to not do it. I was running 50 miles per week MINIMUM during my last bulk, and made fantastic mass gains.
>>
>>35046197
Alright anon, it's doable. Years ago when I was in highschool there was this kid who's parents had to leave for some bullshit reason to colombia or nicaragua and had to live with his grandma and to save up money he went to school on a 18km ride everyday. What I noticed was that he always left school materials in his locker, traveled light with only water, some repair keys and a helmet and left his uniform on school so he wouldn't go around all sweaty.
>>
>>35045946
im going ba bike to university
its something like 10km/Day
feeling very exhaustd bro, ma legs are almost dead due to bike/gym
cannot imagine those 40miles.
im sorry for you OP
>>
All I can tell you is to make sure the bike fits you well and that it allows for the activation of your glutes. You might have to wake up early and eat a shit ton too. As for water, that depends what the weather is like and what shape you're in. We need more info mang!
>>
>>35046197
Get a job pleb.
And no, working at mcdonalds and not being able to afford a car doesn't count.
Apply yourself.
>>
Thanks, guys always tell me i have a great ass and i get a lot of attention which is nice lol :^)
No homo
>>
>>35046292
>complaining about 10km

unfit fat fatass
>>
>>35046326

That's what the commute is for, I've actually got a job now. I got hit in the face with a bottle so I'm getting criminal compensation as well so that should allow me to get a driving license. If cycling 40 miles a day and working a 60 hour week isn't applying myself, I don't know what is.
>>
>>35045946
Get a really good seat for your bike.
>>
>>35046571

Or get some high quality cycling shorts.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.