[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDNDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1377374454215.png (377 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1377374454215.png
377 KB, 640x480
Couldn't find any in the catalog, so, here's a new one

First:

I was lifting for almost a year, lifts were somewhat good (from what strength standards had shown me), but then I injured my ankle and my shoulder, had to stop lifting for 4 months, lost 5 kgs.

I'm starting over now, should I go a beginner's routine like SS to make a good foundation or just go to something more advanced like Mad Cow? I feel that my lifts have probably gone down a lot. Right now I'm 5'9/1,75m, 154 lbs/70 kg.
>>
Do pull up bars only fit in certain doors? or is that shit adjustable?
>>
>>35042595
I was doing 65kg bench, 5 sets of 5, then my partner was away for a week so i went down to 55 and did 10 sets of 5, i've done this since then going up each time and today did 10 sets of 5 at 62.5kg. is that better than 65kg 5x5? has that built more strength than 65kg 5x5 would have today?
>>
For IF i usually have 5-7 hour feeding periods depending on how my day flows (if i can go for the 5 i will). We eat later today but it will be after my feeding period is over. Can i extend my feeding period to like 10-13 hours for one day? Just eating like 50 cals every hour to keep me in digest mode all day so i don't shock my body with food 4 hours into my daily fast

Been doing 18/6 for probably 3 months now with no eating outside the feeding period. If it were up to me i just wouldn't go, but my senpai is expecting me.

What do? I cannot get away with not eating in front of them.
>>
I started lifting a couple of months ago and I follow RP's beginners routine so I squat 3 times a week. My right leg feels very strained/borderline painful as I've moved up in weight and it's usually only there when I squat. Lifted yesterday and I have a pain whenever I walk, feels like it's in the middle of the front of my thigh. Since it's only in one leg I'm worried it could be due to poor form, any ideas?
>>
>>35042595
you do a linear progression program until you cannot progress linearly anymore.

then you do progressive overload.

what routine you use to achieve this is overrated and doesn't matter at all (Assuming it is a balanced routine, which all of them are, unless you wrote it yourself).

many ways to skin a cat.

just do linear for as long as you can, then overload
>>
>>35042595
The only way to know is in the gym when youre training. I recommend orange triad multis if youre having joint problems.
>>35043009
Watch candito perfect squat form on youtube
>>
File: 1407275835016.jpg (75 KB, 524x585) Image search: [Google]
1407275835016.jpg
75 KB, 524x585
How's my routine if I want to achieve a semi strong but aesthetic physique like pic related. Anything i should add or change?

ABxABxx

A

deadlift 3x5
OHP 3x10
row 3 x10
Lateral rases 3x10
Face pulls 3x10
bicep curl 3 x10
shrugs 3x12

B

squat 3x10
bench press 3 x10
flys 3 x 10
pull up 3 x 10
dumbbell pullover 3 x1 0
calf raises 3 x 10
tricecp extensions 3 x 10
>>
I rarely had lower back pains but since Ive started to sit more upright, walk more upright and sleep with a pillow under my kness my lower back feels sore.
Is this because its changing to my new posture or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>35043328
squeeze glutes more instead of JUST correcting back posture. Like when sitting down lift yourself straight up with your butt.
>>
>>35043322
I remember a time, 3 or 4 years ago, when this guy was my goal body
welp, time to leave /fit/ I guess. See you, space cowboys
>>
>>35043328
you're probably doing it wrong, in what wa your doing it wrong none of us can know.

speak to someone who would know (physio, good trainer, good doctor)

and why did you start sleeping with pillow under knees?
>>
>>35043322
>semi strong but aesthetic physique like pic related
>semi strong

aay lmao tbqh
>>
>>35043387
He's not some pretty decent quads compared to rest of him
>>
>>35043322
there's a great deal of overlap between muscles being train in both days so either make it AxBxAxBX (yes thas an 8 day week) or split it better
>>
>>35043352
Thanks I already do this but thanks anyway familia.
>>35043374
Because I read its better for your lower back. Look it up, if it was broscience id never had done it.
>>
I started SS 2 weeks ago and taking BCAA (30%BF here) should i add whey after gym session too? Or BCAA is enought?
>>
>>35043442
I usually take bcaa 30 minutes before training and 2 scoops whey (40g) immediately after training
>>
>>35043456
don't most whey proteins contain BCAAs too or do you have seperate BCAA supps?

Not him, but i take half a scoop of whey + my pre workout (B-Alinie, Taurine, Caffiene, creatine etc) before my workout then 1.5 scoops in my shake after working out.
>>
Are skate shoes good for lifting.I figure they are since they're flat.
>>
File: HomeGym.png (105 KB, 943x824) Image search: [Google]
HomeGym.png
105 KB, 943x824
Let's have a go

Hello /fit/ looking for some help with setting up a home gym.

Me and my mate are looking to begin Starting Strength and it'd be far more economical for us to buy the equipment ourselves, as the only local gym which can accommodate serious barbell training is quite pricey. Space is not an issue.

Using the book and ( http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment ) as a guide I've tried to assemble everything we'd need. I think I've got it about right, but I'd like to see what you guys think.

Am I missing anything?

Is this barbell suitable for an SS novice, or should I invest more?

I'm in the UK so I've been looking on PowerHouseFitness.

Pic related is my basket so far
>>
>>35043502
I got separate BCAA. So will BCAA as pre-workout and whey after help me lost fat?
>>
>>35042982
Yes, don't be so autistic

One day doesn't matter in the long run.
>>
>>35043512
standard plates aren't the same as olympic weights the size of the hole in the middle is differnt.I don't think standard weights will fit the olympic barbell.It should say the width of the barbell and plates on the site to confirm.Looks good just makesure you have enough incriments of lower weights like 2 5s 2 2.5 2 1.25
>>
>>35043527
it will help you retain/build muscle. Drink lots of water, take Caffiene and Ephedrine HCL (Bronkaid) this combo helps burn fat.
>>
Does anyone have the memes of the barbells in bed with the captions of something like 'heard your girlfriend was out. Maybe I can be your gf tonight?'
>>
File: fitchick-10.jpg (141 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
fitchick-10.jpg
141 KB, 500x682
Hello fellows! Pls help with two questions!

Sometime there was some anons talking about two good books about women's training. I'm 'coaching' a good friend of mine, she has now a good strength basis and yet she want to focus on mass, sthetic, this kind of stuff. I don't have so much experience with bodybuilding, could you please tell me the name of these books or good source for women's training?

And about Deadlift grip. After watching some youtube videos about the hook grip I gave a Try to it and I suck a lot with it. I'm much stronger with the normal grip but I lack strength after 140 kg for reps. Is the mixed grip really this bad because imbalances or it's no problem so long as I do the normal grip with warm up/assistance?

Thanks
>>
Is Practical Programming for Strength Training the book that i need to read if I'm going to be going on to Texas Method after im done with SS.
>>
What kind of workout is recommended to reduce the fatness on the waist
>>
>>35043951

Sticky reads 1xF
>>
File: 1448496092890.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1448496092890.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
I'm 6'6 and asking m skinny fat (96kg). Is it possible for me to get fit in a year or so? Diet wise, I very rarely eat processed food, cookies and such and do not drink soda, but do eat plenty of carbs and fats, and currently adding more broteins on my meals.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 768x1024
>>35042636

Most home doors are a standard size. I wouldn't recommend door pull up bars unless you have no money.

For a couple hundred, you can get a thin rack with a pull up bar.

Pic related is only 4 foot by 4 foot and thin.
>>
>>35044019
You won't get swole or jacked. You can definitely look fit and active, but you may not look like you lift for a while. That's fine, however.
>>
>>35044066
Are they really that bad? I'm living overseas at the moment, so I have no where to put a rack.
>>
I'm going to try out the LeanGains protocol (been doing IF for 4 years) but the amount of carbs I have to eat during training days seems pretty fucking high to me: my TDEE is 2800 kcal so I'd have to eat 3360 kcals on training days, considering 200g of proteins and the remaining calories as 0.75/0.25 carbs/fats I'd have to eat about 500g of carbs. Any thoughts? Better change a little the carbs/fats distribution?
>>
>>35044019
i never got the obsession with this chick. ya her tits are big but she looks like a rat
>>
>>35044518
>i never got the obsession with this chick.
>ya her tits are big but she looks like a rat
>ya her tits are big
>her tits are big
>i never got the obsession with this chick.
>her tits are big

what more is there to 'get' ? Just take that dick out of your mouth anon and enjoy those milkduds
>>
>>35044548
i feel u. she just looks like my jew friend ethan and i cant get past it haha
>>
>>35043851
That or Justin Lasceks books. You can find them in /plg/.
>>
Does anyone else here not care about benching? I'm training for the military so I do a ton of push-ups to work my chest. I think a strong overhead press is much more applicable to daily life. I press 2x week, bench none. Any reasons why this is a bad idea?
>>
>>35044189
Well every time I talk about getting fit my girl friends say that I'd look hot af jacked, but I guess this not possible without gear. Anyway, fit is good for me, and I guess it's very good for normies.

>>35044518
Honestly I find her face beautiful, and what gets me most is her short buxom bodytype. Hnnng
>>
>>35044557
>my jew friend ethan
not this jewish fella named ethan by any chance?
>>
>>35044624
nah. hes 5'7, skinny fat, and has a speech impediment that just makes him sound even more jewy
>>
I've been doing SS for 2 months now and my squat form is pretty bad. When I come up from the bottom my back is too horizontal. Are there exercises I can do to strengthen that area? Should I deload and only do a weight where I can have perfect form? This isn't me being inflexible either, my form is perfect with lower weight.
>>
>>35044682
If your back is straight it should be fine.
Do you squat low bar?
>>
>>35044682
Front squats
>>
>>35044705
Nah, I do high bar. Hence the bad form. I thought that the aim was to have your torso as vertical as possible on the way up?
>>
>>35042595
>im scarce 1 year training now and my arms are so weak i cant even bench 50 properly and it wont go further til now. they also look like sticks and i think it influences my other lifts.
what can i do to get stronger arms?
im doing ohp now but not even 30 lbs so....
>>
>>35044773
typed '>' accidetally
>>
>>35044748
Your back angle should remain the same when you get up from the hole. If your hips shoot up without your shoulders your quads are too weak. Front squats and unilateral leg work is your friend
>>
>>35044773
More volume for upper body, also eat. What does your routine look like?
>>
>>35044791
Thanks for the advice. Should I replace back squats with front squats or add them to my routine?
>>
What does /fit/ think about saturated fats?

Should they be avoided if possible, like general advice says? Or is that just for those at risk of obesity?
>>
>>35042595
If I overeat on shit (maybe 2-3k over maintenance), the next day do I eat much less or carry on as normal?
>>
>>35044812
I would probably lower the weight on the back squat and do more reps if that helps you maintain form.
>>
>>35044820
You need to eat some for optimal testosterone production.
>>
What do you guys think about LGD 4033
>>
>>35044809
ive done a brosplit looks a bit like
A: back,biceps,legs
B: chest,shoulder,triceps
abs sometimes in a sometimes in b
mostly used machines, dumbells and bench
>>
>>35044970
Do you only do A and B both once a week?
If yes and you want to increase your bench, you need to start benching more often.
>>
>>35044242

They're not horrible. You have to go slow to avoid hurting the door unless you are a tiny man.

Also, many idiots on Youtube show the various ways you can fall and hurt yourself.
>>
File: pain.png (76 KB, 316x284) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
76 KB, 316x284
Why does this bit of my hip suddenly hurt? It's the right side, at the back.

It suddenly started hurting out of nowhere two days ago when I went to bed. Just sharp pain when I walk. Still isn't better.
>>
>>35045150

lunge stretch while turning to the left

also do child pose with arms stretched out on the floor at 12 oclock, then work them toward like 10 oclock until you start feeling the stretch
>>
>>35045175
alright, will try, thanks!
>>
Will I make any meaningful gains if I need to lose about 80 lbs?

I am 6'1" 280

Should I focus on diet and light cardio until I get to around 190 or so and then lift clean?

I don't want to waste time lifting not making gains ebecause I cant eat on a surplus
>>
>started out on SS for 6 weeks making gains left and right
>ended up in snap city because of shitty rekt back

I'm ready to give up on strength I cant handle having a shitty disabled back for the rest of my life so what should I change to now that I can no longer do squats, deads, cleans etc until at least the medium to long term future?

Just isolate the shit out of everything? or is there a halfway strength routine around that doest put my back at risk?

PLS RESPOND
>>
>>35042595
Anyone know of any black friday deals for supplements coming up?
>>
>>35045365
If you're a beginner and or fat you can still make gains while lifting. In fact, not lifting now would be a waste of time
>>
>>35045400
Did you get diagnosed? How does your back feel?
I would suggest doing really high rep squats (like +20), lots of ab work and back extensions, provided you can do those pain free.
>>
Are there any benefits of being able to touch your toes and doing a split?
>>
File: 123.jpg (119 KB, 1113x924) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
119 KB, 1113x924
>>35042595
Guys I lifted without doing cardio nor stretching so basically I look good and I'm strong but outside that I'm worse than a fatty

I'm already doing couch to 5k for the cardio part

now with the agility one what do I do? I can't even do a goddam somersault, I'm below normal levels in those exercises where you trey to reach your toes
I also had troubles with deadlifr because of this, but right now I managed to fix it and im deadlifting 125kg

need seriously help and would love if someone could give me a hand
>>
>>35042595
As a fatty with weight loss, do I just count my calories or do I have to count sugar and other shit too? What about macros?
>>
>>35045631
>80 reps at 80
What do you mean by somersault? You can learn to do the ones where you front or back roll along the ground in an hour. If you have access to a trampoline it shouldn't take more than two weeks to learn to flip in midair.
You make progress so fast with stretching I wouldn't worry. Do the routine in the sticky for two months and you will probably be more flexible than most guys
>>
>>35045666
Just count your calories thats enough for now.
>>
>>35045742
kek that's old and never noticed

the ones like you said, I have a trauma since I heard a loud noise and hurt myself whern doing it as a kid

I want to be able to like do a frontflip and shit aswell later in the future
and all those variations of somersaults but I guess afterrl earning the basic somersault I can progress from there
>>
>>35045765
I find the backwards ones much easier but its the opposite for most people. Just look up a video explaining how to do them. They are simple as long as you get past the mental block and realise the chance of injury doing them on carpet is almost zero. I learned how to do them at home in under an hour following my boxing coach who doesn't speak much english advice of "Put your head on the ground and move yourself forward."
>>
>>35046014
yeah thanks, the mental part is the problem I guess. Same goes for jumping into water with my head, seems like my mind/body blocks me from doing the movements and fucks up

I used to jump high obstacles easily till the day one of my knees decided to not make through and since then I'm afraid, welp time to lose it.
>>
>>35045532
While still on a deficit?
>>
well owg is busy so

>watch iwf yesterday
>mirin hard
>youtube guides on oly lifts
>try it out today
>fail abysmally
I've been working out for 4 months, and my squat is 225 reps, dead near 290lb. For the clean, I can get 135 up. I'm still a skele and have major issues with flexibility. My arms/shoulders can't rotate enough.
>can't rack bar for front squat on shoulder at all
>fall forward when attempting to stand up with snatch/overhead squat
Is there anything you guys recommend? For the racking problem I'll probably start doing front squats, but I'd still appreciate some help.
>>
>>35046142
Yes.
>>
>>35045666
Count calories and if you can, make sure you have adequate protein intake
>>
Do I need microplates to do a beginner program?
>>
>>35046181
Pretty sure owg would have better advice desu.
What do you have issues with in particular? Wrists not bending far enough to keep the bar on the shoulders or your arms not going high enough?
Two very general stretches would be shoulder dislocates with either a band or a stick and squat to stands.
>>
I have some lower back pain today from poor squat form yesterday. Should I skip squats tomorrow?
Also, been thinking of trying proteinworks once my myprotein whey runs out, is it worth the tiny bit extra per kg?
>>
>>35046284

I needed them for OHP from very early on, haven't required them for bench yet at nearly 4 months into SS but plan on using them to milk every gain I can.
>>
>>35046354

when did you start using microplates on OHP?
>>
>>35046354
Do you increase every time you bench?
>>
>>35046343
It's hard to describe, I can't pull my elbows up enough to let the bar rest on my shoulders under my fingers. Picturing it, it looks more wrist related. And I'll try those.
>>
>>35046383
Do you have a mirror? Can you get your arms up overhead with a straight back and without shrugging?
>>
>>35046364

Smallest jump my gym allows is 2.5kg for the first couple of months I got that no probs every session, then it started taking 2-3 workouts to get 3x5.

Had my first stall (failing 3x5 for 3/workouts in a row) at 47.5kg, deloaded and carried on with 2.5kg jumps and also figured out leg drive properly to get to 1pl8.

If I'd switched to my micro plates and done 1kg jumps I probably would have been going up every session.
>>
>>35046363

32.5 kg to 33kg and then 1kg jumps from then. At 40kg currently
>>
>>35046363
>>35046487
Just another experience here, I'm on 62.5kg 5x5 and i've never needed any plates smaller than 2.5
>>
I just started lifting about a month ago, doing a 5 day split. I come on /fit/ pretty much everyday to get motivated, but I've often seen (and also in the sticky) people recommending a beginner program like SS or SL. I can't help but think that what I have been doing is worthless.

Since I lost a lot of weight a few months ago, I was trying to go for a program focused more on aesthetics than strength. Will SS or SL help me achieve that better, or should I keep doing a brosplit?
>>
>>35046404
I'll make a gif next time I'm in gym and meanwhile just look up general flex exercises.
>>
>>35046606
You should be doing whatever program you enjoy and makes you train consistently. That said, SS/SL type programs would be more optimal for a noob due to the higher frequency.
>>
>>35046669
Thanks, I think I'll try a beginner program.

Just out of curiosity, how efficient is a full body program, 3x per week? Would it be too hard for someone starting?
>>
I have been working out and lifting weights my whole life (am mid twenties now) but I didn't know enough about weightlifting to get bigger or stronger. I was always doing maintenance and useless nautilus-type circuits. Now I'm into more serious lifting and educating myself... When people ask "how long have you been lifting" I take it they don't want me to count anything sooner?
>>
>>35042595
what the fuck is QTDNDTOT
>>
>>35046791
It's normally Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread, but the OP didn't use the contraction.
>>
anyone got pointers on making a 7 day bodyweight schedule? I have a pullup bar and a couple of dumbbells.
>>
>>35044773
Do you eat enough?
>>
>>35042636
I got one recently off amazon, it is adjustable so it fit in any door. It's pretty good, haven't had any issues with it and it feels safe to use
I'm around 77kg btw
>>
How do I eat more brehs? I woke up at like 10 and have only eaten maybe around 300 calories today. I never ate much growing up and trying to bulk seems impossible to me.
>inb4 eat more faggot
I know I need to eat more but I have this psychological aversion to it and I don't know how to work past it.
>>
>>35047318
Cook for yourself, add cheese, cream or butter so up your calories. Eat cashews and other nuts.
Maybe try mass gainers, although they contain mostly sugar.
You'll get used to it once you eat good for a few days, just keep on going.
Track your calories, I like using the my fitness pal app, it's easy one you are used to it.
It was pretty hard for me too, but I gained 5kgs in the last months by eating around 500 cals surplus
>>
>>35047318
drink your calories with milk/ chocolate milk
>>
What would intermediate numbers be on the 3 big lifts for someone who is 140lbs?
>>
>>35047318
you just eat
jesus fucking christ how have men fallen so hard this day

I couldn't eat a lot too, but I still did despite feeling nausious and sick.
You eventually get used to it, if you lift 3x a week you can also have the discipline to make yourself eat more or do you want mommy to blend it all for you to drink
>>
>>35047318
sugar and fat.

e.g. add two cups of sugar to one cup of peanut butter. eat with a spoon. 3000 kcals.
>>
>>35046773
they mean "serious lifting," yeah.
>>
>>35047496
google "strength standards chart"

understand that this is just an estimate
>>
>>35047118
run hills
do push ups
do pull ups

if you're training every day, don't go to failure. don't even get close.
>>
Some PT guy at my gym told me today that I was probably squating too deep. I always go atg and spring back up in one smooth motion because that feels most comfortable for me. But this guy told me going below parallel only works the glutes and that isn't worth the extra strain on the back.
Now I know that I'm not flexible enough to go atg and keep a straight back because I have a slight butt wink.
Should I just go parallel? Or just work on my mobility? I tried squating slow and stopping at parallel and they felt super wobbely, like when I was squating for the first time.
>>
As a general guess, I know it'll vary from person to person, how long would it take a DYEL to go to 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>35047667
>mobility
Work on your form and mobility but don't listen to half squat people.
>>
File: 09498384938.jpg (210 KB, 633x823) Image search: [Google]
09498384938.jpg
210 KB, 633x823
I have good depth and form on squats, is there any real reason to continue alternating between front and back squats?
pic unrelated
>>
>>35047667
drop the weight and try front squats for a while, should help with mobility and core strength
>>
If you add some hypertrophy to strenght programs like SL, SS or TM should you do chest hypertrophy the day you do bench press and lower back work the day you deadlift or the other way around? This is granted you always have 48 hours between workouts.
Generally do you wanna do hypertrophy of the same muscle groups in one day or do hypertrophy another day, granted you're doing a full body strenght routine.
>>
>>35043407
cheers moite. i'm currently doing AxBxAxx etc for SS with some accessories so i'll prob keep it to three days of the week then.
>>
Has anyone tried doing something like SS but for frontsquats only or tell me about a front squat emphasised routine ?

Also, how do I know if it's hips or ankles causing lean in frontsquats?

100kg bs, 50kg fs, 5'9 70kg bw
>>
how do i measure penis girth?
also what measurement would be average?
>>
Any ideas for christmas presents to buy for someone into fitness, something they will get a use out of more than once.
>>
Is it normal for the area right above the bellybutton to be soft?
>>
should i use the assist chin up machine or just do the negatives? when i did the negatives instead i noticed better activation of my back and more muscles in general, also got more doms. is this better then the assist machine?
>>
>>35042595

QTRDNDTHTOFT
>>
All my life i've been the kind of guy that eats a lot of trash food but doesnt get fat. Im not even joking i used to eat a LOT however im really skinny. Does this mean that i will never make it?
>>
>>35047871
pls respond to this
>>
File: 1446596107016.jpg (549 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1446596107016.jpg
549 KB, 1200x800
I've been cutting since may this year trying to get my bf% low enough to visible abs.

This pic is slightly outdated but at 168 lbs and 5'11 what would my cutoff number for weight loss be and I should start a lean bulk

Wanna achieve Gosling mode
>>
What is greyskull training and how is it different from 5x5?
And is there anywhere I can download the book for free
>>
what's your preferred opening line on tinder?

specifically if its on older women (7 year difference)
>>
>>35049313
based rush shirt, anon
>>
File: powder_300x400.83239cfe19b0.jpg (10 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
powder_300x400.83239cfe19b0.jpg
10 KB, 300x400
Has anyone tried Soylent, either the drink or the powder? Is it worth the money/did you end up saving money vs eating regular food? Do you drink it solely or do you have cheat days with regular food?
>Pls respond
>>
>>35049874
>Soylent
What is that
>>
is insanity good for losing weight if I add it to my gym routine (cardio+lifting) or is it just a meme?
>>
>>35049874

A person I used to be friends with who is now an asexual gender fluid tried it.

That should be all you need to know.
>>
>>35049874
Its shitty Ensure for yuppies. The first batch the dude made had toxic levels of cadmium.
>>
I'm bulking and today I've eaten about 700+ kcal so my question is should I still eat if I'm hungry or should I stop?
>>
>>35044820

Saturated fats are absolutely necessary and one of the healthiest things you can eat. You should actually probably get about 20% of your daily calories from it (or higher).
>>
I keep stalling like a motherfucker on the OHP. I always end up working up to the same weight and can't push on through no matter which programming I try. Been trying different accessories but I have nothing to show for it. Anyone have any anecdotal solutions to bust through that plateau that worked for them? I'm so close and I just want to smash that sweet lmao1plaet!!1! OHP pussy.
>>
So my goal is I want to get the biggest legs possible for my body while being natural, i'm currently 188lb 5'9-10" and my current size on my thigh is 25" around. What im currently doing is my leg routine 3-4 times a week (every other exercise) which consists of squats, leg curls, leg extensions and 1 legged leg press. Now for my sets on squats I do 2warmup sets just the bar then 135lbs then 1x10 225,1x10 245, 3x10-12 275lb. Now i guess my final question would be should i eat more food to compensate the volume to increase size of my legs or do 5x5 and go heavier to increase size?
sorry if this is worded weird I tend to messed up when typing things like this.
>>
>>35042636

Public playground does everything a home pull up bar does.
>>
goal is ottermode I know I need to bulk but summer starts in 4 days I've been cutting from 78kg I'm 70kg now. Cut or bulk? What about just maintaining?
>>
>>35050116

In what way are you stalled? As in you're doing SS and can't keep going up?

The best thing for me has been adding extra volume for OHP at lighter weights, and lower volume when working with higher weights (1-3 reps when working heavy).

I hit OHP twice a week. Once for my 5/3/1 work set (I still add extra volume via pyramid sets) and then on bench day for a 5 x 10 at a lower weight.

You could do this general idea with whatever routine you're doing though. Just experiment with high volume @ low weights and low volume @ heavy weight.

I'm 6'4, 220, with 82 inch wingspan and I finally jump started my OHP this way. I hit 130 last week and it seems like I will be able to keep going up a bit this way.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 503x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 503x492
been on stronglifts for almost three months, making p good progress. when will i be considered intermediate? i want to move to lyle mcdonalds generic bulking program.

if anyones done that one, is it alright to replace the deadlift variant with the conventional deadlift? the impression i got from reading about the program is that the straight leg DL is pretty much an accessory compared to the one in SL5x5
>>
should i continue at 1kg loss a week at 100kg 17% bf, and could someone post a realistic image showing what people usually look like at certain bf percentages so i can have a better goal (Currently 90kg, or 7%bf)
Extra question, about how much calories does lifting burn? Is there some type of way to calculate it?
>>
>>35050211

Got any pics? What's your height? 90kg 7%bf is fucking huge.
>>
Hello fit peeps~

What's a good weight to stop cutting and starting bulking for muscle? I heard around... 140-150, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong...
I'm 5"8 femanon, btw. :3
>>
good accessory work to get my bench press up and get some hypertrophy gains?
>>
>>35050207

I move on when all my lifts stall. If I'm not making gains in all lifts after 3 weeks I move to something else. It helps keep me from getting bored too.
>>
File: 1445802437406.png (888 KB, 763x548) Image search: [Google]
1445802437406.png
888 KB, 763x548
What does /fit/ think of my ASS DAY?

Barbell Hip Thrust 3x20
Cable Standing Abduction 2x12 (each leg)
Dumbell Sumo Squat 3x10
Goblet Full Squat 3x10
Glute Kickback Machine 3x8 (each leg)
Back Extension 3x12
Fire Hydrants 2x12 (each leg)
>>
>>35050229
6'3, don't really want to share images of me on 4chan or the internet at all really, I got the bf% calculation from the linear software site with the neck and waist measurements, i have a little bit of manboob and some gut overhang, and with those visulisations of 2(Pretty much 1 kilo) pounds of body fat i can say i probably have about 17 kilos on me
I dont know if i have a lot of muscle, but i am pretty young and for the entirety of primary school(Didnt get to test my strength against the guys in highschool) i was the strongest kid even though i did no exercise, and i was essentially on gomad drinking about 2liters of milk everyday
>>
>tfw spend whole off season lifting and getting swole
>season ends and your left with half a dozen broken body parts cuz football stuff
>start lifting after weeks of waiting for your body to uncripple itself
>strength afterwards is as if you're a malnourished Chinese boy who works in an arsenic mine
>repeat after each and every season

one thing I won't be missing about that sport
>>
>>35050195

anyone?
>>
>>35046718
I personally started off with SS. For a true noob, 3x full body is literally 3 times better than working each bodypart once a week.
>>
>>35050267
post butt pic anon.
Can you do one in some sexy skimpy underwear with an obvious bulge?
It's for a joke.
>>
>>35049163
In the context of those programs, yes, do your accessories on the same day
>>
>>35050195
obviously cut if you want abs. Isn't that obvious
>>
This meal gives me nausea when I take these supplements with it, any idea why?

Meal
>A can of sprat (tiny sardines)
>pickles
>brie cheese

Supplements
>100mg zinc
>1 multivitamin (centrum brand)
>2000ui d vitamin
>2 fish oil caps
>>
>>35050252
High volume bench press, narrow/wide grip bench
>>
What do you do at the top of squat? Stand up straight and lockout knees? My knees click when I do that and it's probably not good.
>>
Ex-Kissless Virgin here

Yesterday in the club I made out with 2 girls at the same time and they sorta were my first ones (way to start amirite?). So... uhm they said I wasn't very good at kissing but it still was ok I guess.

So,
How can I get better aside @kissing aside from getting a girlfriend?
>>
>>35051065
are you seriously taking 100mg zinc? because that's a dangerous amount of zinc to take...

>Zinc: 15mg Are Plenty - After 120 Days Rodents on Diets Containing 2xRDA of Zinc Develop Metabolic Syndrome

Also, its a really high fat meal, and you're adding more fat tablets, you could just be getting reflux.
>>
>>35046718
High(er) frequency is actually better for noobs, you only do less frequency as you increase the volume of your program.
>>
File: 20130628_214044.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20130628_214044.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey noobies, 5 years lifter here, 31 y-o, answering all questions for the next hour or so, ask me anything
>>
So are calories what determine body fat?
What is the quickest way to lower my body fat %? I'm in desperate need but in no way a hurry so how do I go about doing this? My physical health isn't a issue I dont care about it just want to drop my body fat% by a shit ton.
>>
How do you find a gym buddy? I'm about a month into lifting so weights aren't unmanageable but I'm afraid when I get to higher weights, I could get hurt without a spotter.

92691 here
>>
File: 1-1.jpg (104 KB, 802x518) Image search: [Google]
1-1.jpg
104 KB, 802x518
what are the benefits of L-carnitine against the other fat burners like dnp, caffeine or yohombine?
i want to start taking l-carnitine but im not sure how usefull it will be

also im looking for the image of "why would you want to squat 3 times a week" that has this guys like the ones in the drawing
>>
>>35051897

Yes, calorie consumption is what determines your body fat. Food that are really tasty (ice cream, pizza, etc...) pack a lot of calories (energy), and food that are ''boring to eat'' (a carrot for example) have low calories. So if you eat a lot of tasty food but don't use that energy afterwards, your body simply stores is as fat. Your body doesn't care about your aesthetic, it cares about your survival. And having a lot of fat is like having an extra tank of gas in your car, which would be useful if you'd end up lost in the forest for several days and nothing to eat.

Losing bodyfat is all about dieting properly.
You can speed up the process by being active, which is lifting and cardio.

I'd recommend you to:
>drink nothing but water
>eat a shitload of plain/steamed vegetables
>eat lean mean, mainly fish
>avoid all processed food. Processed food means food that has been ''assembled'' in a factory, such as a frozen pizza, doritos, pop tarts, etc...
>lift weights as often as possible
>sleep for as long as possible
>cardio. cardio cardio cardio. Don't believe the trolls, cardio is god-tier for losing bodyfat. Jog for as long as you can
>>
>>35051954

Can't really talk about L-carnitine since I barely take any supplement. DNP is illegal and hazardous to your health. Stick with caffeine (possibly ephedrine as well) and follow what I said in >>35051964 if you want to lose weight
>>
>>35051954
l-carnitine is worthless, even at high doses. It might *technically* improve fat burning, but in reality you could not measure a difference at the individual level, only at a statistical level in large groups.

Caffeine isn't a huge fat burner by it's self... because it's a stimulant, at high doses it can lower your appetite, but you could get an even better effect with modafinil or even better phentermine.

Yohombine seems to have great synergy as part of a stack, but doesn't do much on it's own. It's effects are multiplied when you take it with the right other stuff.
>>
>Only have 40 kg worth of weights for my dumbbells
>Join a gym for a while, do SS, all kinds of gains
>Stuck with just my dumbbells for a while again
>Now I'm much too strong for them
Would there be anything wrong with doing SS exercises (bench, OHP) unilaterally? If no, can I still preserve muscle mass when cutting by using higher rep ranges?
>>
>>35051964
This is probably stupid but could I replace jogging with really long walks say like 1-2 hours?
6' 155lbs here and have a slight gut and noticed I have a large amount of bf %
>>
>>35052015

Walking doesn't burn a lot of calories and won't really improve your cardiovascular capacities.

Running for 15 minutes at a respectable pace would burn more calories than walking for one hour. I know cardio sucks when you're beginning, but maybe try to jog with good music and have some caffeine before. I don't recommend walking unless you're very obese
>>
>>35052048
I might actually be autistic but what is a respectable pace of jogging?
I never actually "learned" to jog
>>
>>35052060

Well, if you were to sprint as fast as possible, you'd quickly be totally out of breath and/or get painful cramps which would make you stop. Jog fast enough so that you don't get those, yet you still need to be working your ass off and sweating.

What you could do if you're a beginner is to go for a walk, then start jogging and stop and switch to walking whenever you can't take it anymore. After a few minutes of walking, start to jog again. Eventually, you will be able to jog for a longer period before having to stop
>>
Has anyone actually tried Arnold's double split routine?
>>
File: 1400602149038.gif (671 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1400602149038.gif
671 KB, 245x245
What's a good upper/lower 4 days a week routine ?
>>
>>35052116
unless you're on steroids, don't bother

>>35052134
>back / biceps
>legs / abs
>chest / triceps
>shoulders / forearms / abs

everything in supersets if possible
>>
Been on a 6 day hypertrophy brosplit for about 4 months now, about to start SS as hours at work are rising and Im sick of playing around with babyweight.

How much muscle mass should I expect to lose, or will I continue gaining? And what accessories should I consider doing?
>>
>>35052182

pic, height/weight ? how many days will you be able to lift ?
>>
File: Snapchat-5027181571037973262.jpg (468 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5027181571037973262.jpg
468 KB, 1080x1920
>>35052261
>only now realising I wasnt getting enough recovery time
>all those lost gainz
~80kg 5'8"
Can probably lift 5 days a week absolute max, but ideally 3-4. Whatever will deliver the best results I suppose
>>
>>35052294

I think you should continue your brosplit, but condensed in 4 days. Like I said in >>35052148

I see no reason to switch to SS. Just make sure to incorporate the big compound lifts of SS in your brosplit.

PS: so you've been lifting for 4 months ?
>>
>>35052002
Doing them unilaterally would be a very good idea. Also, now would be a good idea to train at a higher rep range for a change of pace
>>
>>35052315
Its an ABCABCX kinda deal so 3 would be fairly straightforward, but like I said tired of lifting baby weight so I might hop on it anyway. We'll see.

And yeah 4 months, I fucking know, right? 150-230g of protein every single day, always give it everything I've got in the gym, but there you go. Look better than before tho
>>
>>35052134
Candytoes
>>
>>35052335

What a lot of people fail to realise is that, when it comes to getting big, calories matter a hell of a lot. If you've got 230g of protein but you're only eating 1300kcal a day (or whatever, numbers totally made up for example purposes) you're not getting bigger.

But its still a slow process even then.
>>
File: ppl phir routine.png (268 KB, 810x1320) Image search: [Google]
ppl phir routine.png
268 KB, 810x1320
>>35052134
>>
File: h2_zpseb6da24f.jpg (156 KB, 1024x690) Image search: [Google]
h2_zpseb6da24f.jpg
156 KB, 1024x690
>>35052335
its all relative bro, if you look better than before then GOOD. Some people are morbidly obese, and after 1.5years of cutting would fucking dream of looking like your current body pic.

keep at it
>>
>>35052335

building muscle is a slow process, you look fine for 4 months.
>>
>>35052348
Yeah, good point. I'd think I eat plenty of calories, but I dont count, so who am I to say. Slow as fuck progress just makes me wanna get on gear, but I've put on 8kg since I started lifting so I suppose I may as well embrace the noob gainz.

>>35052351
>>35052370
This board is full of cunts, but guys like you 3 make it pretty alright. Much love xx
>>
File: thankyouhungryskelly.jpg (23 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
thankyouhungryskelly.jpg
23 KB, 720x960
I've been doing 5x5 for 2 months and I want to stick with it because I enjoy the strength side. I want to not look dyel extreme though. What would be best to add to make shoulders/arms bigger? (I know I'm disgusting skelly, I'm eating more)
>>
my joints make fucked up cracking/popping noises when I lift, is that normal? and will it eventually go away?

there's no pain, and I'm not that fat; it's just disconcerting. it's usually a clicking in my elbows and shoulders. sometimes in my hips but surprisingly not as much in my knees.
>>
>>35052386

Time and food.

Heavy pressing builds decent shoulders and arms (well, triceps at least). It just doesn't happen overnight, especially when you're starting from that size.
>>
Is it true when u start lifting weights ( various rep ranges, always progressing at 3 X 5 or 3 X 8 if do an exercise twice that week ) that it takes about 2 months for the nervous system to adapt and then the muscles start growing??
I started two months ago and have gained about 5 lbs, and a hefty ( for me ) amount of strength but I don't see a huge muscular difference yet.
My friend said after 6 weeks I should carry on with the routine and trying to get stronger, but add in a bodybuilding thing at an easy 12 reps just to reinforce hyper trophy.
I also noticed latsbrah said the same thing about growing arms on his YouTube.

I'm mainly interested in growing shoulders , tris and lats so after OHP , bench , and rows should I do 3 sets of 12 of a BB'ing isolation exercise???

Sorry if questions seem dumb. I'm just an athletic/runner fag on off season and I don't know much other than the body/nutrition . Bodybuilding is a world apart from my normal thing lol
>>
Is it bad to drink water during your work out? i'm asking for both weight training and cardio
>>
I have a party sorta thing in a week
I'm a beginner (3 months into Greyskull)
Should I switch to ppl just for a week or would that be retarded?
how do I improve my aesthetics (shirt on,not expecting much but lifting for grillz) in a week?
>>
>>35052424
just get a big pump before party
>>
>>35052424
Switching routine for a week will do nothing aesthetically. Are you chubby and looking for more definition, or are you spooky?
>>
>>35052424

You basically can't, aside from maybe getting a pump just beforehand (but that'll go away pretty quickly).
>>
>>35052429
Thanks familia. I'll just do Greyskull for the week and do curls or something on the day of the party
>>35052445
Just outta spooky heading towards otter
>>35052449
Well that sucks. How long does a pump typically last? and which would be the most aesthetic muscles I should go for?
I though about supersetting curls and pressdowns.
>>
>>35052478
IMO if you want a pump that will make you look big it'd have to be bench press mate . Chest , tris and shoulders , the muscles that stick "out" the most
>>
>>35052417

no.. water is NEVER BAD
You can never drink too much water
>>
>>35052478
445 here, was gonna suggest an intense short term fat loss diet but probably not for the best. Get one of those blow-up pairs of arms off Spongebob, theyre aesthetic as fuck
>>
What's the backstory on the nattyornot.com-guy?
He seems very frustrated.
And he's a communist I think lmao
>>
>>35042595
beginner here. I heard that I should stay in the 1-12 rep range.

I dont have many weights and train primarly with bodyweight.

Question: lets say I can do 15 reps of exercise A. However, if I do some exercises that hit similar muscle groups first, I can only do 8.

Does that "count" as being in the 1-12 range?
>>
>>35052406
The muscles will grow during the first 2 months also. Those guys were right, after 4-8 weeks it would be a good idea to add more volume (more sets/reps) after your heavy stuff.
If you run you should consider single leg work
>>
>>35052621
yes
just gets those reps in
technique above all
Get some more weights tho
>>
>>35052394
This nigga right here
Especially OHP
>>
What are some good ways to improve my breathing during runs and workouts? I want to jog/run more but I quit long before my body is close to tired because I can't seem to breathe properly.
>>
I have problems sleeping.

Either some chucklefuck chimes the bell, go to late due to my working shifts, then need to wake up early for school.

And it fucks up with my gains:
I become weaker, my stretches regress, my muscles become tighter, I become very distressed and it takes up to 3 hours until I stop being groggy and shift to a moody behaviour while dozing off and waking up in alternations.
(so I was woken up at 8 am and couldn't do a thing until 12. 4 Hours I won't ever get back again.)

Does anyone know of a very good sleeping aid?
I am using the bilsom 303 to silence the noise around me, but it doesn't really help, if someone chimes the bell to bring letters or anything else, I am waken up very quick.

I want to give napping a try, but I have read again and again that a monophasic sleepcycle is the only thing that keeps us up-to-date.

What do you suggest, other than killing everyone than myself that is?
>>
>>35052877
Have you tried melatonin? A sleep mask? Also not sure what this bell thing is about but is it possible to leave a sign out asking them not to chime it? Maybe some kind of secured mailbox they can deposit things into instead of waking you up?
>>
>>35052959
mlatonin, never used it.
But it's too expensive, as I have seen from the shops.
I am just a poor minimum wage student living in a room.
>>
>>35053025
Melatonin isn't expensive mate, and it could really help you. It's incredibly common and you can get it in practically any pharmacy section of shops that don't even specialize in vitamins and such. At least where I am that's true. But I guarantee you can get a fairly sized bottle of regular pills for less than the cost of a sandwich.
>>
>>35053051
When I was in England in the 90s they didn't even sell melatonin.

Enjoy Melatonin dreams, I've been taking it routinely for sleep for 20 years.
>>
I've been doing SL for a month and I am worried about my OHP, I am the lord of skeletons at 54kg/120lbs I am stalling on my OHP, I managed to do the 5x5 with the empty bar (fucking impressive right?) and since there arent any 1.25kg plates I add 2.5kg in each side which I cant completly lift for more than 1 set, what can I do? I've already tried to look for 1.25kg plates but I havent found any. I guess I'll end up buying them in the net but I still want to work out more on my shoulders, what can I do?
>>
Everytime I flat bench, DB or BB, it feels like i'm targeting my deltoids more than my pecs, and theres nothing I can do to fix it seemingly.

I'm trying to tuck my elbows in as much as possible but the feeling is the same, i'm trying to lower the angle but it feels like it puts more pressure on shoulders.

What do?
>>
I have a killer headache since waking up, should I postpone my session until tomorrow? I can have Sunday as a rest day so that's not an issue (3 times a week full body here)
>>
>>35053244

If you can, yes, don't listen to people who say train regardless, all sorts can go wrong and chances are you won't be lifting to max potential
>>
>>35047620
>dont go to failure
what do you mean? dont quit? kind of why I've started working out every day so I can't wait for tomorrow.
also those are just 3 different workouts, are 2 days enough rest for same muscle group?
>>
>>35053113
There's a simple solution to your problem, which is a common one.
You stay with the weight can comfortably do for 5 reps and then rather than adding more weight to the bar, you start adding reps to each set.
When you've built up to doing sets of 8 (or perhaps even 10 later on, as you need to make big jumps in weight) you simply add weight and go back to doing 5 reps, and then start all over again adding reps to your sets.
This method works well and has the added benefit of accumulating more volume, which may lead to more muscle gain.

>>35053193
>What do?
First of all, tucking your elbows in will do nothing in terms of shifting focus to your pectorals. Tucking in your elbows, which btw isn't something you should do as much as you can - only a little, is something you do to protect your shoulder joints.

To learn how to feel your pecs working when you do bench press variations, there are two immediate tricks you can use - Aside from just more practice of course (everything takes practice).

#1 Realize that the anatomical function of the pectoralis major isn't only to move your arm forward, but also across your body. Also keep in mind that the pecs insert on your upper arm and really has nothing to do with what happens from the elbow and out. In other words, focus on the movement of your upper arm - Your forearms, your hands, even the weight should be invisible in your mind. Focus on moving your upper arm forward and closer to the midline of your body. If you're using dumbbells you can get them close enough to each other to really squeeze the pecs between them.

#2 Perform an activation drill. Try this: Move your right arm across your chest and point it as far as you can towards your left side. Move your left arm across your chest and point it as far as you can towards you right side. Really try and get your right hand as much to the left as you can and you left hand as much to the right as you can. It'll sort of look like you're giving yourself a hug.
>>
>>35053286
Activation drill continued...

Hold this position for a little while and you should start feeling an intense contraction in your chest (because your chest muscles are the ones creating the movement).
Then relax for a second, and then do your chest exercise. You will find that your pecs fire more easily.
Remember though that the point is only to "wake them up", not to fatigue them. You don't want to compromise your peformance on the actual exercises.
>>
My gf wants me to go out with her and her other bf. Shall I do it? I didn't really want to go public with this, but you have to be proud I suppose.
>>
Do tattoos just kinda stretch as you get bigger? Do they get all fucky looking?
>>
>>35053296
>her other bf.
please be a troll
>>
File: 9510056.jpg (24 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
9510056.jpg
24 KB, 640x427
>>35053296
>>
I have pulled a muscle in my foot, but It doesn't hurt when I do stationary upper body exercises when standing up. I'm doing fast short bursts on the exercise bike to ensure my legs don't look too small. Am I doing unknown damage, the fact that it isn't hurting is a good sign right?
>>
>>35053303
>>35053306
I realised my mistake lol. I should say our bf. He fucks me too.
>>
File: 1410126629649.jpg (59 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
1410126629649.jpg
59 KB, 550x448
>>35053313
>>
>>35053313
>he fucks me
>he's my bf
Uuuuuuuh
>>
>>35053286

Thats great advice about the pecs, cheers family
>>
How much weight do you generally lose on your lifts if you don't lift for a couple of weeks? Like how much weight could I expect to lose on my squat if I couldn't make it to the gym for 3 weeks?
>>
>>35053296
KEK
>>
>>35052417
No. Don't force yourself to drink huge amounts though.

>>35052524
>You can never drink too much water
That is not true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

>>35052864
Try breathing deeply throughout the day.

>>35053113
Dumbbells. Don't sweat the weight you start with. When I was 70 kg I started OHP with just the bar.
>>
any resource to learn good form for lifts
>>
>>35053296
you do realise she's already fucking a third guy, right?
>>
>>35053286
Thanks for the help buddy, I'll start doing that

>>35053401
Yeah I guess I can also add dumbbells but which exercise can I do? Lateral raises? Seated military press? and for how many sets and reps would you recommend and a last thing, should I do this exercise the same day I OHP or the other day?
>>
>>35053402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
You can look up in youtube "Art of manliness barbell training" those are pretty good featuring Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>35053415
My gf isn't a cheater.
>>
>>35053285
You can do all of those easily in one session. Failure means doing so many reps in a set that you fail a rep (can't complete it).
Other guy but when I was gymless I did chin-ups and dips and then hills, 3x week
>>
>>35053367
It depends. When you come back, let your warmups tell you how much you've lost, and be appropriately conservative in selecting your work weight.

>>35052571
thejewsdidthis.gif

>>35053402
http://startingstrength.com/site/videos--see the links under "Platform"
>>
>>35053492
I'm mostly asking how much weight you generally lose on your lift because a friend is depressed he couldn't do his working set after not squatting for 3 weeks and I want to show him he's a fucking retarded for thinking you can just keep doing your maximum weight without working out
>>
>>35053402
Alan Thrall's videos on Youtube are good.
>>
>>35053524
>friend is depressed
>want to show him he's a fucking retarded
>>
>>35053423
I would simply replace barbell OHP with dumbbell OHP until I was able to lift enough weight to use a barbell. It shouldn't take too long.

>>35053524
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#What_should_I_do_if_I_have_to_skip_a_workout.3F>>35053524
>If it's been a month or longer, reread The First Workout section again and follow the instructions there.
>>
>>35053593
>I would simply replace barbell OHP with dumbbell OHP until I was able to lift enough weight to use a barbell
His problem was not that he couldn't use the barbell yet but that he had to progress in large jumps. Switching to dumbbells don't solve this, as dumbbells usually make just as large jumps in weight.
>>
I'm losing strength and I don't know why
for example I used to pullups with 40kg at 95kg
cut during summer and go up to 50kg at 87kg for a few reps, now thatI'm bulking, i'm around 90kg and can't do more than 4 shitty reps with 40kg
same for bw pullups, yeasterday I could only do 2 sets of 15 before being completely burnt out
all of my lifts are this way, either can't progress or have to deload
I'm bulking and sleep almost 10h/day
what could be wrong?
>>
>>35053705
I forgot to add that I've downsized my routine which was already pretty low volume to be able to do it completely
I'm doing something like ss right now, with almost no isolation or assistance exercises
>>
>>35053705
You seem to be pretty strong if you can do pullups with 40kg for reps, meaning that as an intermediate you need quite a bit of volume. If you started doing SS, a beginner program, you're actively detraining by not doing enough volume to even maintain your lifts.
>>
>>35053695
Yeah it's exactly this, should I add then lateral raises to my routine?
>>
>>35053695
All the gyms I've ever been to have dumbbells that go up in 1 kg increments up to 20 kg at least. The lightest plate I've ever encountered in these gyms is 1.25 kg.
>>
>>35053782
well that could be the problem but I've modified my routine because I couldn't progress anymore and was completely dead at the end of it
I was doing a fullbody routine with some assistance and basically I've taken almost all the assistance away because I felt like I didn't have enough energy to do them usefully
thanks btw
>>
I've been doing SS (only twice a week sry) for about three months now.
35 OHP, 55 bench, 80 squat, 100 diddlylift.
But now I've got a bit of a problem with my deadlifts:
I could muscle 120kg up without too much trouble, but at around 95 I start feeling like adding too much weight will snap my shit up.
At about 80-90kg I can pull the weight with everything nice and tight, but at that weight 1×5 doesn't seem like enough work.

Is it a good idea to drop my diddlies from 100 1×5 to 85 3×5 to give my lower back something to chew on to catch up, or is there a better way to fix this?

It just feels weird to have to be in a weight range where my form breaks down in order to make progress, I guess.
>>
>>35053879
>I start feeling like adding too much weight will snap my shit up.
why?
is that a psychological issue or a physical one?
>>
>>35053889
I'm losing tightness in my upper back, and start having a bit of a round back on the way down. Feels like that's 50% of the way to a lift with fully rounded back and a triple hernia
>>
>>35053917
>>35053889
>>35053879

Strengtrhen your back if your back is too weak to hold form, alternatively, lower the deadlift weight by a bit and focus on slick form and let your back get stronger from that.
>>
>>35053960
Yeah but 1×5 at the "good" weight feels like nothing at all, are there any downsides to making it a 3×5?
>>
So - drinking alcohol on a day that you lifted? How bad exactly?
>>
>>35053830
The thing with getting stronger is you need more volume to continue progress but also more rest. It might be a good idea to switch to some sort of split or just alternate the intensity of your full body workouts, like a DUP program or Texas Method.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.