[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need coffee to lift/move now, don't think I can get up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1422581771471.jpg (27 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1422581771471.jpg
27 KB, 511x428
I need coffee to lift/move now, don't think I can get up in the morning without 4-5 cups.

Can someone redpill me on coffee?
>>
>>35042147
It's a drug, which you've developed a dependency on. It has some health benefits for weight loss in terms of lipolysis, but that effect also reduces your insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>35042154
>It has some health benefits for weight loss in terms of lipolysis, but that effect also reduces your insulin sensitivity.
could you explain?
>>
Coffee, when taken regularly, has no effect other than wakefulness in most people. All potential positives cancel out the potential negatives on average. If you enjoy it there's no reason to stop unless you have a heart condition or severe vascular problems.
>>
>>35042147
Borrows ATP from the future
>>
A green apple is PROVEN to be more energizing than a cup of coffee
Coffee to wake up is a meme
>>
>>35043896
>A green apple is PROVEN to be more energizing than a cup of coffee
>no source

I've seen tons of broscience articles saying the same thing seven different ways with nothing but anecdotal evidence from people who were never regular coffee drinkers, and most of those were on sites with primarily "organic living" interests.
>>
>>35043896

saying things are a meme is a meme
>>
you should take a tolerance break every few months
>>
>>35043896
>>35043950
Kek, if only this were actually true. Coffee has become a slight addiction for me this semester at uni, all of these other methods of getting energy work if you sleep, but nothing replaces sleep like a stiff cup of coffee.
>>
>>35042147
Coffee tastes good.
>>
>>35042910
he already did dummy. google lipolysis and slin sensitivity.
>>
File: butt sniff.jpg (23 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
butt sniff.jpg
23 KB, 500x390
If you drink your coffee with any milk / cream / sugar, etc you're not a man.
>>
>>35042147
You are fighting an uphill battle to return to baseline. If you have one cup per day you're flirting with dependency while still not being so bathed in caffeine that your body has adjusted to the level you consume. Over one cup per day and you're addicted, consuming to return to homeostasis rather than an elevated state (which caffeine doesn't even do, really. Caffeine is like propping your eyelids up with toothpicks. Your eyes will stay awake, but the rest of your mind will slug behind.)

Note that returning to baseline will subjectively feel like an energy lift, but it's objectively your brain returning to its addicted homeostasis.

Man effort posting is lame where my fat hate thread
>>
>>35044240
the only coffee i can get at school tastes like hot garbage water so i add milk + honey
if i make it at home it's not shit and i take it black.
>>
4-5 cups is def. too much friend.

I'm drinking 2-3 a day (strong one)... quitting for more than 8h will give me crazy headache
>>
>>35042147
>on't think I can get up in the morning without 4-5 cups.

How much sleep are you getting, friend?
>>
>>35042147
Some people say that it's like borrowing energy from the future. It puts you at a deficit and masks symptoms of fatigue that you can't run from. Eventually you'll have to pay it off with sleep. Ultimately it's a stimulant and I believe you should limit the use of stimulants to when you really need them so that they actually work when you do.
>>
>>35044407

About 6 hours per night most nights. I know it's probably too little.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.