[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forearms General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I have a pic related, can I do any good forearm exercises with it? I also have 2 5 pound clubs I use for shadow boxing.

Forearm General, have at it.
>>
forearms are mostly genetics

deadlifts and pullups will train them just fine, or farmers walks if you dont to either
>>
>>35041738
Just buy some fat grips and lift up heavy shit, you don't need this bullshit
>>
>>35041738
You can work your biggest forearm muscle with the bat. (brachioradialis) Hold it in your hand, thumb up then pivot your hand down and up. around 15 reps would be g.
>>
>>35042104
Not op, but any recommendations for diy fat gripz?
>>
>>35042186
Pool noodle.
PVC pipe with sandpaper on the outside.
Towel. (It actually works just as well.)
Try googleing it.
>>
Move to South Africa and beat niggers.
>>
File: 5zG2Joc.jpg (243 KB, 1509x663) Image search: [Google]
5zG2Joc.jpg
243 KB, 1509x663
Farmers walk, deadlifts and wrist rollers made my forearms huge compared to before. I thought i was getting goofed at first, but i've gone from 12 to 14 inch forearms in 4 months. Although my wrists are still as small as they were when i started
>>
>>35041860
>forearms are mostly genetics
I think all "x is genetics" posts should just be read as "please disregard my advice"

>>35041738
As far as forearm work clubs are a nice articulation accessory because of the leverage and occasional grip disadvantage. For one that heavy tho you'd have to look at a system like CST and I don't have much knowledge with that.

Imo bread and butter fore arm exercises for bulk should be grippers and wrist rollers.
>>
>>35042772
Are wrist rollers identical movements to wrist and reverse wrist curls? Can I just use a roller instead?
>>
>>35042778
Some of the musculature used is the same but they are p different movements. It's mostly down to the direction of the force you have to overcome, either always around the handle or straight down through the handle.
>>
>>35042772
>I think all "x is genetics" posts should just be read as "please disregard my advice"
this.

i like how the guy who says the forearm is magically immune to hypertrophy is the same guy who says you don't need to train forearms.

farmer's carry, forearm roller, plate pinches, double-overhand deadlift, plate flipping, and single-arm dead hangs are best.

either way, you shouldn't spend over 100$ on a fancy piece of metal that won't even help you long-term

>>35042778
a roller is preferable, imo

and the difference is mostly that your arm is pointed down when you reverse wrist curl, instead of having your arms out straight in front of you
>>
>>35042825
>plate flipping
use extra-wide bumper plates once you master flipping regular plates.
>>
>>35042771
>my wrists are still as small as they were when i started
you can't grow bones and tendons with resistance training... only muscles..

feel around your wrist for musculature...
>>
Does that hand pressy bullshit work? You know, like expensive bar clips.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.