[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come I run without any problems on a treadmill but outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: treadmill.jpg (113 KB, 1375x1500) Image search: [Google]
treadmill.jpg
113 KB, 1375x1500
How come I run without any problems on a treadmill but outside I struggle to reach my goal? I can't even run without stopping outside, need to take a walking break like 5 to 10 times. But on the treadmill I run without problems and could even go faster to reach my goal.

Thanks for the advice
>>
Because on a treadmill you are only working to keep yourself in-place whereas out in the open you must work harder to push forward. Plus, a treadmill, being flat and textured gives you more grip and all that

But what would I know I'm just a kid
>>
>>35041134
Short answer: Treadmills are easier

On a treadmill elevation doesn't change as much, plus you get constant feedback on speed etc. Also, I may be wrong here, but I feel in treadmills that less forward force is required so it makes running seem easier.
>>
>>35041134
The ground moves for you on a treadmill. You have to push harder off of the ground outside to push yourself forward. When running on a treadmill run at a 2% incline. This will simulate the energy you need to run on stationary ground.
>>
>>35041155
The first part is often quoted, but bullshit. The law of relativity is a thing senpai.
>>
no wind resistance
probably softer surface with better grip
no dust or pollen in the air and temperature controlled
>>
>>35041134
>No wind resistance
>no unlevel surfaces
>no change in surface hardness
>constant grip
>no need to engage different stabiliser muscles
>no need to fully engage brain for directions and reflexes
>no sudden changes in incline or decline
Oh gee, I wonder why the treadmill is easier. Maybe next time think for 2 seconds before you post faggot.
>>
File: unclejoe.jpg (38 KB, 840x485) Image search: [Google]
unclejoe.jpg
38 KB, 840x485
>running on gravel/dirt roads
>>
>>35041238
>>35041238
Whats wrong with that
>>
Inversely, why do I suffer on a treadmill but love sprinting outside?
>>
>>35041746
More things to look at and take your mind off running when outside?
>>
>>35041812
But outside you use uour mind more than on a treadmill
>>
>>35041185
>>35041155
so its bullshit that a treadmill is lighter cause of relativity?

if you dont count wind resistance then
>>
>>35041746
thats very weird
>>
>>35041155
>>35041156
>>35041181
>what is relativity

congrats on the dumbest posts of the day

go back to school faggots
>>
Wind resistence and more effort to stablize over uneven and constantly changing terrain.
>>
>>35042969
what if there is no wind?
>>
>>35042951
Do you even know what relativity means? The treadmill motor is doing some of the work for you plain and simple. You still have to push off of the treadmill surface but not as hard since the motor is already moving the belt backwards regardless.
If you want to pretend you understand basic physics and how it applies to real life atleast use newtons third law here instead of relativity which doesn't really relate at all to how much work is required to run on a treadmill.
>>
>>35041134
all this and you can't even come up with your answer yourself? k stick to your treadmills, you obviously know what ur doing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.