[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegan tips and tricks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
Please be nice to fellow human animals kek, ignore trolls, ignore retards, fuck the green dyel youtuber..

Share diet, tips, weird food, how to cook for non vegans, Is soy good or is kill. Vegan athletes and bodybuilders pics, natty or not kek. Is virgin claims the average vegan? Do you think that entering a restaurante being all mad at people eating beef helps something? Have you ever talked or helped someone to go vegan? Do you like the word vegan? Isn't it like a club kind of thing? How do people react when you vegan? Are you a preachy motherfucker kek?

Meat eaters welcome but please don't bully, we are not all as the preachy mofos on youtube
>>
I'd let the female boxer pee all over me after boxing me to unconsciousness hnnnggg and the soccer player could soc my balls kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM7MAlp0j50

Exepcted moar bodybuilders/lifters
>>
This iranian roided awesome dude talks about soy protein

I still don't feel ok with eating it, would help me transition to veganism tho, seems very practical if can find it cheap
>>
>>35028013
>forgot video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFijCIoq8E
>>
>>35027932

This kid has some too long videos, but could give nice ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXys_fxf_tI
>>
File: 1448395312207.png (172 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
1448395312207.png
172 KB, 500x316
>it's another vegan troll thread
>>
Jon Venus has a very aesthetic body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVdT1AxN2PA
>>
Just sage and ignore, gentlemen.
>>
File: 1435930966440.jpg (98 KB, 610x504) Image search: [Google]
1435930966440.jpg
98 KB, 610x504
Why do you guys go vegan and sacrifice your gains and bones? Not trolling serious question. I'd rather die five years sooner if even that and enjoy some prime cut steak every now and then while being able to make gains and not have my bones snap when I get older. I mean if you're doing it because you feel bad for the animals fine but seriously those that say it's for health reasons make me mad. Literally everything will kill you and give you cancer even water
>>
>>35027932

What is wrong with you people?
>>
>>35028013
Seitan is also good high protein.

Plants really are only so starchy because of the rigid cellulose cell wall. Other organisms like cyanobacteria have much higher levels of protein and less starch. I'd recommend spirulina but it tastes like ass until you mix it with spinach.
>>
>>35028761
>eating the derived powdered Jew
>>
>>35028761

Isn't spirulina expensive as fuck? Also seitan is great pure protein, but is not as complete as soy and some people could found gluten a bit hard to digest.

I like hemp, got nice omega 3 and 6 ratio too
>>
hi anon. i actually just got back on the meat after 3 years eating vegan. it seemed like i wasnt able to get a sufficient amount of omega 3 through plant sources. eventually i started eating eggs but it still wasn't enough, i was getting really bad pain in my knees and ankles. for a while veganism and eating clean made me feel great, but since going back to eating meat im noticing that my mood is better, my joints dont hurt, my hair isn't thinning as much, more gains. veganism was cool for a while and qt alt girls love it but i just dont think i have the income to do it "right"
>>
What's your experience with quinoa? I've always read that it has very complete protein, but it's also packed with lots of carbs.

I use brown rice instead has much less protein, but that way, and with some seitan later on I can complete all the bean protein that I've been eating that day.
>>
>>35028854

>it seemed like i wasnt able to get a sufficient amount of omega 3 through plant sources. eventually i started eating eggs but it still wasn't enough

The fuck were you doing trying to eat eggs for omega-3s? Flax seeds have more omega-3 than any other food, and walnuts are great too
>>
>>35028854

I don't know man, maybe you weren't having all that's needed and it's a bit more complex with a vegan diet, who knows. If you feel better and healthier now, thats great tbqh!

I'm not a vegan tho, I eat vegan every day but when it comes to my monthly cheat meal, dude I eat whatever I want kek. Also for some time I was worried that I could not get to balance my fats so I kept eating vegan but added some fish oil omega 3, and some coconut oil for the saturated fats. Hemp has an ideal omega 6 to omega 3 ratio. But as with flaxseed oil, that is not as good as fish tho.
>>
>>35028878

And flax seed oil is even better, but I've read that the conversion is very poor, making it quite worse.

I really don't know, and any information would be appreciated.
>>
File: Acresfood.png (477 KB, 571x268) Image search: [Google]
Acresfood.png
477 KB, 571x268
>>35028730

I'll answer because you don't seem to be wanting to troll and be disrespectful senpai. It depends, there are milions of vegans and each one would say a thing. In my case I do it because I find it's the most logical way to feed the ever growing world population. In fact I believe that in the near future veganism will be more more popular and some enviromental agencies, some governments maybe, and important scientists and so will ask people to reduce theyre animal products consumption. It will get to a point where it will not be sustainable. But maybe I'm wrong so who knows.

I also finds vegans who do it for "health reasons" to be a bit stupid. Veganism does not mean healthy, in fact, you can easily have deficiencies going vegan. People are stupid, in general.

But if you do it properly you don't sacrifice your gains or bones, really (VG is not how all vegans that workout look). The only thing you sacrficie SOMETIMES is goign to eat something with friends, but some people do that exception or something similar. Also, most veganazis would crucify me, but I don't do this for the animls, is for us and for the planet, so eating a steak or a shrimp coctail, or some JAMON SERRANO once in a while, is not relevant.

Also that pic is quite untrue but yes, you know, maybe 100% vegan world is not possible, but the negative consecuences can be decreased a lot

No bully pls
>>
>>35027932

I got this 3500 calorie soy free diet with 190 grams of protein this anon posted some months ago. Was too much calories for me, but got some nice ideas. If people want I'll share it
>>
>>35028924
Plant based omega-3 is called ALA.

It converts to EPA & DHA anywhere from 5-20%. So multiply the amount you want to take by some value between 5 and 20.
>>
>modern homo sapiens
>evolved to be vegan

Literally dumber than creationists.
>>
>>35028878
>implying short chain is anywhere near as good as long chain

Why can't vegans into basic science?
>>
>>35027932
>>
>>35029155

That's a wide as fuck range desu.

But thanks I'll give it a try.
>>
>>35029155
>>35029593

ALA are the essential omega-3s. It's converted into EPA and DHA as your body needs it. People who eat less of EPA and DHA make more of it from ALA

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/92/5/1040.long
>>
>>35028840
I can buy a nice brand off amazon and it's only a bit more expensive than my cheap as shit bulk whey powder. And it has god tier micros.
>>
>>35029716
You won't suffer a deficiency and yeah to some degree you make a bit more. But it's nowhere near oily fish or fish oil levels. Fucoxanthin tho somehow up regulates our production of EPA and DHA massively so try eating brown seaweeds like wakame that are high in it. Also you can get vegan EPA and DHA but it's still expensive as fuck unfortunately compared to fish oil. It does tend to be more stable tho, lot less likely to get rancid oil.

Vegans may get benefits from more EPA and DHA we just don't know. You're already more resistant to the usual suspects fish oil helps prevent like heart problems and stroke, but the long chains O3 s may make you even more resistant.
>>
>>35029716
5-20% is converted, which is shitty. Sure, you will probably get minimal sources from plants, but animal long chain sources are undeniably superior in every way.
>>
I'm currently doing carb cycling where I up the carbs on training days and up the fats on rest days, and the macros are as follows:

I only count the net carbs

Training days:
>2470 kcals
>P: 280g
>F: 50g
>C: 180g

Rest days:
>1940 kcals
>P: 280g
>F: 60g
>C: 40g

How can turn vegan and mantain these macros? I've tried every combination of vegan foods I can think of and couldn't do it, maybe some of you itt can help me. No I'm not interested in switching to 50g of protein a day
>>
>>35031699
>No I'm not interested in switching to 50g of protein a day
For protein without so many carbs: Seitan, tofu, some black beans and some stuff like edamame and leafy greens. Leafy greens for protein are like cardio for cutting, raindrops in a barrel. It's only little drips but they can and do add up. You can sometimes do something like spinach stew or getting freeze dried/dehydrated stuff for a bigger hit. Bulk of the mass of leafy greens is water and that'll fill you up in a sitting so just get rid of the water. When you think about this sort of thing raw veganism with their dehydrators makes more sense.

On your carb days you can do lentils and chick peas and beans a lot too. Lentils are god tier anyway so whatever you decide make sure to have some anyway.

You can also go for some fermented foods and make assumptions about how much lower the real carb/sugar value is than the one on the packet.
>>
>>35031772

Thanks a bunch m8, dosn't tofu bring some health risks like soy? Or is it all a myth
>>
>>35027932
>vegan

i m going to vomit

fix that

you are going to vomit
>>
>>35029019
>easier to feed everyone
Yes, malnourishing humans makes it easier to "feed" them, because you aren't properly feeding them.
>>
>>35029019
If humans are stupid in general, maybe you should rethink replacing your natural diet with "what seems to make sense" especially since you aren't well-educated in nutrition and even if you were it isn't something humans understand very well.
>>
In case anyone in this thread doesn't understand the evolutionary history of human diet. It's thought that the human brain expanded in size when we harnessed fire, which allowed us to eat meat and seafood. Deficiencies in nutrients found only in significant amounts in seafood and meat are associated with deterioration of brain function such as depression and dementia.
>>
File: yes you are.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
yes you are.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>35031699
What the fuck is wrong with you? 280g of protein is dangerous levels. You don't need that much protein and most of that protein is simply going to energy (and inefficiently at that).

Maybe you should fix your entire fucking diet by halving your protein (AT LEAST) and getting that energy deficit from carbohydrates.
>>
>>35031796
There is a metabolite of soy that is estrogenic in the body, but as far as I understand it it's at best minor in its effects. There was some speculation a couple of decades ago that our evolutionary ancestors would eat estrogenic plants and grow lactating tits so both males and females could feed offspring but as research has gone on it seems more like the vast majority of estrogenic compounds from plants are anti estrogenic sex dimorphism wise (they bind to like the breast growth receptors for example in such a way that they don't cause boobs but also stops actual estrogen binding and causing boobs). Vast majority of estrogenic compounds in soy are like this and it's even starting to be used as something to eat to stop breast cancer by inhibiting gyno.

Tofu I've heard tofu has less or none but I just don't know that much about that.

I'm mot an all or nothing guy tho, I don't see why if it worries you but you want to try veganism you can't go as close as possible. So yeah it's probs difficult if you don't want gluten or soy but if you remove all animal products except eggs of Mr something it's still good.
>>
>>35032682
Keep in mind that meats and dairy also has estrogen at similar levels to soy and other legumes, so concerns about the estrogen analogs in soy are misplaced and founded in ignorance. Unless you're having literal gallons of soymilk a day, the estrogen levels shouldn't be a concern. The same applies to dairy and milk products, and—to a lesser extent—to meats.

I've never heard any such speculation, and I would be very interested in reading more about it, if you have a source.
>>
>>35031098

pls name?
>>
>>35031699

I think you are eating like too much protein senpai, the more is not the better. You would be good with half that. How much do you weight?

But even like that I think it could be possible.
>>
>>35031699
Even if you were on steroids, lifted every single day, and did cardio daily, burning over 5k calories a day, that protein intake is still excessive.
>>
>>35027932
How much fiber is too much? I want to eat a lot of beans, but they have fuck ton of fiber.
>>
>>35031699

That's a stupid ratio of macros, but anyways, it's your choice and your health. And than insane amount of protein is just retarted.

This has been made in less than 5 minuts, you just need to adapt it a bit. Also, the macros are just as you said, but the calorie intake seems much lower, so you know, just an idea.

And too much soy imo anyways, but you're eating 280 grams of protein a day, don't think you give a shit about your health or money.
>>
>>35033136

There's not an amount, but if you're feeling bloated all day and having diarrhea, you should absolutely cut the fiber
>>
>>35028854
>really bad pain in my knees and ankles
I am vegan for 6 years, I (until I started lifting) ate really shitty food, and I never had that. wtf?
>>
>>35032537
>when we harnessed fire, which allowed us to eat meat
it seems that all this brain evolution was wasted on you.
>>
>>35032896
Sevenhill I think is the name. They're soil association organic and £21 for 1kg or £12 or 13 for 500g.

I buy the 500g ones every 12 months or so. I wouldn't recommend using a lot of the stuff like with whey powder. 10g in one meal is probs the most you want and not every day. I believe it's better in shakes if you're into that but I'm not a fan. Spinach and chocolate works, beetroot works a bit.

If you're from elsewhere in the world that you can't get this brand, see if you can't get some quinoa bran cheap. The bran has low carb and high protein and it's about the only thing I can't get easily here but seems available most other places.
>>
>>35033274

Thanks bruh, I'll make some research.
>>
>>35027932

HODGETWINS MAY BE GOING VEGAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW3j8V9HfhA
>>
>>35031113
>>35031621

In that link, the conversion rate was pretty high since the vegans in some cases had more EPA and DHA in their system than even the fish eaters, without even eating any high-ALA food sources and while having the lowest overall omega-3 intake, including ALA.

>Comparison of the PLLC n−3 PUFAs:DALA ratio between dietary-habit groups showed that it was 209% higher in vegan men and 184% higher in vegan women than in fish-eaters, was 14% higher in vegetarian men and 6% higher in vegetarian women than in fish-eaters, and was 17% and 18% higher in male and female meat-eaters, respectively, than in fish-eaters (Table 6). This suggests that statistically estimated conversion may be higher in non-fish-eaters than in fish-eaters.

Huge boost in conversion in the vegan group.
>>
>>35032537

>It's thought that the human brain expanded in size when we harnessed fire, which allowed us to eat meat and seafood.

And maybe more importantly at the time, starchy roots and tubers that were a reliable source of calories and glucose

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/09/magazine/09starch.html?_r=0
>>
>>35032671
>>35032935
>>35032982
>>35033167

Maximum samefag. 280 grams of protein is completely safe. It's also rich that people advocating 90%+ carb diets are talking about too much of a macro.
>>
>>35033830
>trying this hard to spread lies in favor of veganism
>>
Does kek get filtered to kek now? Test desu
>>
>>35033167
what site is that?
>>
>>35034332

>reality is vegan propaganda
>>
>>35033755
That's interesting but isn't that purely on the ratio of long chain omega 3 to short chain? So like it's saying if a vegan has lower ALA intake they can still convert a massive amount of it, it's not so important how much gross ALA is eaten or w/e.
>>
Tvp/textured vegetable protein is the shit. Made from only soy with 27g protein, 0.5g fat and 170 kcal per dry 50g serving and stupidly easily to prepare: just pour over hot vegetable stock and leave for a few hours.
Ukfag here. 3 quid for a pound. Fucking insane
>>
>>35034308
That guy is getting 45-58% of his calories from protein. Are you retarded? There is literally zero evidence for 'complete safety' at that level (spoiler: bodybuilder anecdotes don't count), and a lot of hints against it. Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
File: Eat shit you cuck.png (16 KB, 378x226) Image search: [Google]
Eat shit you cuck.png
16 KB, 378x226
>>35034308

Eat shit mofo

>>35034455

It's myfitnesspal, I used it because I live in spain this year and has most of local products. The best one is by far Cronometer in my opinion, it also gives you most of your micronutrients, and aminoacids to see if hurr durr complete protein, and omegas and shit. They're both for free i think
>>
>>35034662

I think that it can be very practical, but with all this soy getting demonized, i'd rather avoid it.
>>
>>35029170
who has ever said that
literally no one
>>
>>35034730
Gracias!
>>
>>35034455
It's MyFitnessPal, but I don't recommend it. Cronometer is much superior.

>>35034308
I'm none of them except the first. Just people a number of people voice a similar criticism doesn't mean samefag. I was surprised, too, given how retarded /fit/ usually is, and how pathologically obsessed it is with protein.
>>
>>35033830
but calories and glucose aren't what anon was talking about

just like certain veggie options are superior in some ways, meat is superior in others. you havent answered that question
>>
>>35037412
It's all speculation buddy. I think we were eating meat before (like chimps and bonobos do). I'm not massively convinced that cooking made it easier to chew and all that, tools probs had more to do with that. I know a lot of wilderness tubers in Europe need to be cooked to make them good to eat, if that's generally the case then I see that being a big part of fire.

Obv nobody knows and it's all part of some big tapestry. And our ancestors probs ate a lot less meat than the average westerner today. And it's a false parallel too, not eating meat or not eating roots and tubers neither is going to shrink your brain is it
>>
File: fishoil.jpg (108 KB, 1120x628) Image search: [Google]
fishoil.jpg
108 KB, 1120x628
>>35027932

Not trolling current meat eater here. I've started to realize that a vegan diet is better for the world and so on... But I just don't see how can a 100% vegan diet be perfect.

I mean I'm about to start this bulking diet that`s like 95% vegan, I only can't find a good vegan omega 3 and I'll add a little honey to the post workout shake. Also my two monthly cheat meals will probably have meat or cheese is there's no chipotle near.

I think I'm doing a lot more than most of the people, yet I'm sure that most of vegan would just tell me how bad I am and how much of a poser I'm being. Some of the vegans seem to be really retarded.
>>
>>35033578

This is like the Jeff Seid or the Rob Bailey going vegan thing.

I don't give a fucking fuck, this people are all retarded douches.
>>
>>35037266
>>It's MyFitnessPal, but I don't recommend it. Cronometer is much superior.
Can you scan your food with a camera in Cronometer to save and store nutritional infos?
>>
>>35027932
if you give me serious substitutes to cheese and salami i will seriously consider going vegan
>>
>>35038751

I don't know. I'm capable of reading the nutritional label or spelling and searching for an ingredient without my phone doing it for me.

Cronometer provides deeper information on aminoacids, diferent types of fat and carbs and vitamins and minerals.

I'd rather be able to check if my vitamins and all is ok than to use my phone like a pussy hipster piece of shit

God I want to stab you so badly, you lazy americunt.
>>
>>35038765

The only good salami and cheese substitutes i've tried were expensive as fuck.

Cheap ones would make you want to kill yourself kek
>>
Current vegan here

I get my protons from seitan, beans, almond butter and different nuts and seeds

Looking for good vegan protein bars and powders
>>
>>35039016
Also I eat tempeh. Good shit
>>
>>35038873
>I don't know. I'm capable of reading the nutritional label or spelling and searching for an ingredient without my phone doing it for me.
I'm capable of reading too, tyverymuch, but it's so MUCH more convenient to auto-insert all the nutritional values with a barcode scan on my tablet/smartphone. So it's a "no" to this "Cronometer" app for me
>Cronometer provides deeper information on aminoacids, diferent types of fat and carbs and vitamins and minerals.
I prefer to eventually research it myself on nutritiondata.self.com and eventually integrate/compensate various aminoacids.
>you lazy americunt
I've never set foot in the lard of the free
>pussy hipster piece of shit
Shut up, nerd
>>
>>35038765
The best vegan cheese you have to make yourself. It's not a particularly simple process. Artisan vegan cheese is one good book, there's one other I've looked at that has good info but cannot remember the name.

If you just want a cheesy flavour nutritional yeast has that. Really excellent sub for breadcrumbs, tastes a bit like parmesan and breadcrumbs.
>>
>>35038765
>salami
I don't have an exact sub, but I know some dehydrate tofu for tofu jerky, and there are some semi decent seitan/tofu sausages about. Seitan does have a fairly meaty texture but it's not salami.

For something simple you could do a mushroom version of lardons. So slice up some mushrooms, get a tablespoon or so of oil in a frying pan up to around smoking heat (like super hot) and fry the mushrooms on each side for a bit. If you google something like mushrooms and Simon rimmer there's a video of what I'm talking about. When they're just about done you could try adding something like tamari or Bragg's liquid aminos that have a kind of smokey meaty flavour. You might have to add some garlic or onions or other tweaks to get something more like salami but I think it's work as a meaty hammy substitute.
>>
>>35038478
>I only can't find a good vegan omega 3
What are flax seeds, Hemp seeds, flax seeds, etc etc.

>I'll add a little honey to the post workout shake
Easily replaceable if you changed the shake, or maybe even without. Coconut sugar has a good unique sweetness in my opinion.

>Cheat meals
Why not just have unhealthy foods or extravagant tasty healthy vegan options?
>>
>>35040162

That's what I'm saying, dude chill, I'm going from eating cheese and red meat/chicken on every single meal to almost full vegan. I apreciate all the tips, but understand that's one of the biggest changes I've made ever, more than quitting smoking and going /fit/

Omega 3 from hemp, flax and chia is 20x less available. I had to have much more fat in my diet. I eat honey because my mother in law harvests her own so it's free and quite good, and it's one of the best foods out there.

I said "as long as no chipotle aka vegan fast food". Anyway I will have family meals, and my family is more important to me than global warming or almost anything else. I'm no way bringing my own food to christmas eve, weddings and my grandparents birthdays. Sorry.
>>
>>35040538

you can't reason with a vegan.
>>
>>35033578

like anyone would give a fuck about this two roided fags... Jesus
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.