[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fall for the hypertrophy meme >still stuck curling 55lbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 140161973598§.jpg (45 KB, 437x501) Image search: [Google]
140161973598§.jpg
45 KB, 437x501
>fall for the hypertrophy meme
>still stuck curling 55lbs barbell 6 months later
>>
>>35012785
Geneticlet
>>
You're not gonna progressively overload after a year faggot just keep the intensity and volume up while eating at a surplus. You swear like all the jacked guys are curling 3 plate, contractions and volume senpai
>>
>>35012785
>curling 55lbs
>eating enough
Pick one
>>
>>35012785
so, only the barbell? wut. why are you curling with a barbell anyway. do some weighted pullups and different variations of dumbbell curls
>>
File: 1437248932330.png (66 KB, 209x198) Image search: [Google]
1437248932330.png
66 KB, 209x198
>>35012856
Dunno, been gaining some weight. I was never skinny to begin with, now I'm getting fat at 207lbs/6'1"

>>35012838
But I should still have noob gains, and my arms haven't really grown. They are barely 14 inch. Meanwhile I have to do crazy variations with abs and other useless muscles to get a good burn. It's getting really tiresome to pile 90 pounds of weight on my chest just to feel my sit ups doing anything.

>>35012873
Homegym shitter race, I only have a 20lbs barbell and couple of dumbbells I use for everything. Been doing hammer curls and chin ups, latter of which is the only one that has improved at all. Still can only do 6 with good with good form.
>>
>>35013108
Is this bait?
>>
barbells are for strength, cable machines are for hypertrophy... On a curl you aren't even fighting directly against gravity for the majority of the rep. Cable machines keep constant tension.
>>
>>35013187
Legendary
>>
>>35013160
No, what part made you think so?
>>
>>35013187
I guess that makes sense. Maybe I could get one of those big rubber bands, and tie the another end to ground and the other to the barbell? That would kinda counteract the fact that it gets easier the further the weight raises.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.