[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should you drag yourself to the gym even when you know its going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: CQaKxWZXAAEuQb-.jpg (127 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
CQaKxWZXAAEuQb-.jpg
127 KB, 576x1024
should you drag yourself to the gym even when you know its going to be a poor workout?

do you think over time those extra crappy workouts would be worthwhile?
>>
There are no poor workouts you fuckin pussy
>>
>>35011620
Kill yourself dyel
You keep posting these retarded threads and that retard h3h3 picture every day the last week.

Fucking autistic as hell
>>
File: 1448232423909.gif (966 KB, 381x216) Image search: [Google]
1448232423909.gif
966 KB, 381x216
>>35011637
you seem like a butthurt autist

and i guarantee my physique is better than yours
>>
>>35011657
> no you are the autist
Great imagination you have there
>>
The only thing that matters is you feel good when you leave.
>>
Wow. Great moves Ethan. Keep it up. Proud of you.
>>
File: oscar.jpg (419 KB, 1283x912) Image search: [Google]
oscar.jpg
419 KB, 1283x912
>>35011657
Well post a picture of your amazing physique then.
>>
>>35011620
Many times I feel like shit and know my workout is going to suck.

Many times these end up being my best workouts.

So yes, you fucking faggot, go to the gym.
Or dont, the world really doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>35011620
Keep on powering through tbqh.

Even if I feel like shit I still try me best that workout and usually I feel like it was worth afterwards.
>>
>>35011657
DYEL confirmed.
>>
>>35011620
the crappy workouts piss me off and motivate me to do beer in the next.
>>
>>35011620

I usually still go when I feel like shit

I've never set a PR on those days but skipping workouts isn't a good habit either so
>>
Just take a "drop in the bucket" mentality to training. No matter how bad of a day you had, you put in work towards your goal, you put a drop of water in the bucket. You will make more progress having a shitty day where you did something than on a shitty day where you did nothing.

Unless of course you're legitimately sick (like fever + other symptoms). In which case stay home, eat something, and get some sleep.
>>
>>35011620
Whenever I feel like shit but go anyway I end up getting that endorphin rush and thinking to myself 'You were going to skip this? Pussy." No matter how awful I feel once I actually get myself to the gym I end up feeling great.
>>
This is the model chub n tuck
>>
Of course! Quantity is significantly more important than quality.

I don't know about others, but if I let myself not go to the gym because, "I'm tired or something, I probably won't do my very best today," I'd probably fall out of the habit.

Besides, I've honestly never had an actual set-back in my progress because I had an inferior gym day. In fact, a lot of times I assumed going in that it wouldn't be a great workout day, because I was tired or sore, and ended up having a better than average one.

Time under the bar is what builds strength. Time with elevated heart rate is what builds condition. Quality of work out is nearly irrelevant unless you're like, going to a power or Olympic lifting meet.
>>
The stimulus from breaking PRs and missing lifts by like 20lbs is basically the same. It's all about diet and consistency trying
>>
File: keked.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
keked.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>>35011620

>taking days off the gym
>>
>>35011620
Went to the gym after breaking down and crying when I remembered I will never be able to watch the original star wars movie with my grandfather again. Half way through the workout I started to feel better and now I feel amazing,
>>
>>35011620
I generally am shit at telling if it's going to be a good or a meh workout, so I just go in case it's the former. I think I have had no genuinely bad workouts desu, but sometimes it's just punching the clock if you know what I mean.
>>
>>35011620
I go right after I wake up so nothing can get to me before hand.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.