[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasted noobgains. . .
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image_26.jpg (41 KB, 597x589) Image search: [Google]
image_26.jpg
41 KB, 597x589
Anyone else made almost 0 progress in their first few months? Ive gained 10kg and only improved my lifts by 130kg over 7 months and kind of want to kill myself.

Have I squandered my noobgains, or will a beginners program still work for me?
>>
>>35010663
> 130kg over 7 months
is this like all all the weight increase from all your exercises summed up together?
>>
>>35010699

Yep.

squat 40-->90
deadlift 60--> 105
bench 20-->55
>>
>>35010731
Oh fuck, you are definetely doing somethng wrong
I hope you didnt fall for the SS is a meme meme
>>
>>35010731
If that's in kg you're doing pretty good I'd say.
Don't believe everything you read on here, those are okay gains for half a year.

As long as there's an increase it's fine m8. Just keep going.
Everyone makes gains with different efficiency and speed.
>>
>>35010663
When you first train, you should make great gains, if you are eating correctly. You're obviously not eating enough food.
>>
>>35010781

I know that now, but im wondering if now ive wasted my noobgains and if beginners programs will even work anymore

>>35010759

i didnt eat or sleep enough I think.
>>
i'm kind of in the same position, i've been lifting for almost 2 months and squatting 80kg today felt heavy as fuck and my bench press is only at 42.5kg.
>>
7 months into lifting here too, my lifts went up once I started sleeping 7+ hours a day and eating at a moderate surplus.

OHP: 30 -> 55kg
Bench: 40 -> 80kg
Squat: 60 -> 120kg
DL: 70 -> 160kg

Hang in there, buddy.
>>
>>35010856

Eat and sleep more ASAP

you will thank me later. Dont make my mistakes!
>>
>>35010869
i'll try, i am a former fatty and I am a bit scared of getting too fat again tho
>>
>>35010776
this
>>
>>35010663
noob gains are measured by how much you lift, not set to a specific time frame
A common goal is to progress linearly until you hit 1/2/3/4 plates

>>35010731
and that is not bad progress at all, don't believe the e-stats you see posted on /fit/. If you are increasing the weight on your lifts every workout you are still on noob gains
>>
>>35010809
ANY program should work when you first start, as your body is not used to it. Just eat eat eat, it's really not rocket science. Don't go too high on your reps either.
>>
>>35010663
No offence, but don't listen to this guy here >>35010776

Ive been lifting a month and a half and have put on barely 3 kg in weight (haven't been watching diet). Having said that my lifts have improved vastly compared to yours.

Bench 30 - 50
Squat 30 - 75
Deadlift 65 - 85 (very very shit progress I know)

Did you start as spooky skeleton?
>>
>>35012079

Yeah. Anorexic, actually.
>>
>>35012083
If you were anorexic and not eating enough and wondering why you haven't made much progress then I'm afraid you may also be retarded.
>>
>>35012097

I was gaining weight, so I thought I was eating enough. But I guess I was wrong.
>>
>>35012110
Are you counting your macros? Or calories at least? I wasn't anorexic or close to that, but still pretty skinny and only started to properly make progress when doing these things. Its tough eating so much when you aren't used to it but its the only way senpai.
>>
>>35012079
>Ive been lifting a month and a half
>these are the people giving advice on /fit/
>>
>>35012130

No, but ive been eating a minimum of 2 steaks a day.

Coutning calories is hard because canteen lunches dont have barcodes or nutritional information, and neither do cuts of meat from the butchers.
>>
>>35012133
Giving advice that literally everyone else does? The most basic advice anyone interested in lifting could find out in minutes? You people really are aspie as fuck
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.