[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips to prevent myself from looking like an absolute retard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 640x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 640x364
Any tips to prevent myself from looking like an absolute retard on my first day at a gym?
>>
>>35010417
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxyKGD7sU

Read the sticky blah blah blah
>>
>>35010438
I read the sticky and everything.

I was more talking about gym etiquette, and stuff like that.
>>
dont do egolifts
>>
>>35010455
don't:
> grab random peoples butts or testicles
> scream a lot
> lift naked if not in homegym

You'll probably get my point.
As long as you don't harass people or piss someone off you will be doing fine and
NOONE WILL FUCKING CARE.

To the regulars you're just another face that will probably be gone again after a month.
>>
don't use clips if you don't have a spot. if you're about to fail just just the bars slide off.
>>
RE
RACK
YOUR
FUCKING
WEIGHTS
>>
Start with babyweight

The other day i saw a dyel come in for the first time and he basically tried to press 20kg and failed miserably. Half repped twice and rerracked from there on the poor sod just wandered around the gym till he got the nerves to lower the weight.

Depending on what kind of gym you have I'd suggest first 3 days use machines and dumbells don't pick up a barbells till you're confident about it I guess or have a spot.
>>
>>35010417
If it's your first time, there's no helping it. You're gonna look lost and clueless, but who cares.
>>
>>35010848
this
and start light. Only teen curlbros care about how much someone else lifts, but you'll surpass them in a month.
IF YOU READ THE STICKY OFCOURSE
>>
>>35010800
This. I swear I'm going to rape the next fucboi who doesn't rerack his fucking weights (nohomo)
>>
>>35010814
Bar + 2 10kg plates?
>>
>>35010455
Not sure if they put it in the sticky yet or not, but dont forget to tip the receptionist.
>>
File: 14.jpg (55 KB, 636x352) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
55 KB, 636x352
>>35010417
HOW DID HE GET THE BAR WITH THE EIGHTS UNDER THE SAFETY BAR!
>>
>>35010814
>Start with babyweight

Very much this. You can do serious damage to yourself if you try and put too much weight on. Your body isnt used to lifting and doing these exercises and pushing them too much from the start could lead to injuries. You're gonna make fine progres from doing babyweights for now.
>>
>>35010903
No you're not, you're going to pick them up and curl them without causing a scene.
>>
Don't stress is and start with babby weights. If you think that people are watching you and laughing at you, you better remember that no one actually cares what you're doing and are there for their own lifts. Same as you.
>>
If you actually think people care about what you do you're probably in high school. That said don't be an idiot. Start with low weight and practice proper form.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.