[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /fit/'s opinion on lifting and smoking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: g13HD3.jpg (829 KB, 1400x800) Image search: [Google]
g13HD3.jpg
829 KB, 1400x800
What is /fit/'s opinion on lifting and smoking?
>>
Personal preference
I don't smoke and lift
But I will smoke sometimes
>>
>>35007961
They shouldn't go together. Anytime I smoke I get terrible munchies/cravings. Also, working out is the last thing on my mind while high. Honestly I just enjoy it at parties or on my cheat days.
>>
File: 1435480087061.png (16 KB, 771x929) Image search: [Google]
1435480087061.png
16 KB, 771x929
>>35007961
don't smoke.

edibles.
>>
>>35007961
>lifting and smoking?
lifting...on weed? why? that's fucking retarded
>kill yourself

if your highs gives you munchies, your prob buying shit brick weed mixed with oregano.

use weed for recovery and relaxation.
use weed for foam rolling.

weed. fap. sleep.
>>
>>35007961
Personally, I never ever lift stoned, and never smoke before gym (even with sober up time)

I do find it helps with appetite and unwinding after the gym. Having a stoned post-gym shower with a protein shake is heavenly.
>>
>>35007961
Lifting while high? Horrible idea.
I have no reason to believe being high will kill your gains or anything so long as you're not stoned 24/7 and skip the gym.
>>
>>35007961
I vape, but not nicotine or weed.

It controls appetite and havent seen any difference in my workouts or overall health, been lifting for 3 years vaping for one
>>
My question is how does one go about smoking weed and maintaining a job w/ random drug testing?
>>
I like, its kind of motivating but I need a pre work out
>>
If I smoke any time in the day before I lift, I have a shitty workout. I'm not as motivated, I burn out easier, etc.

I do like to smoke at night though. Helps me sleep. I also have a bit of a strange reaction where, as long as I don't eat anything, I'm not hungry when I'm high. So I use it to help me cut.
>>
>>35007961

It's nice to use to relax and chill out every once in a while. I'd never lift while high though, wouldn't be able to go as hard
>>
>>35007961
Personally, I don't smoke pot because I don't like how it makes me feel. Generally, I have noticed a high correlation between pot smoking and being a lazy piece of shit, but it is by no means a hard and fast rule and I do know some intelligent and productive people who smoke on the regular. If you can smoke and still get in a good lift, then do it.
>>
File: tumblr_mz0bqq3Ugb1rf41noo1_500.gif (753 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz0bqq3Ugb1rf41noo1_500.gif
753 KB, 500x750
>>35008026
>if your highs gives you munchies, your prob buying shit brick weed mixed with oregano.
... are you a tard? They specifically breed medical cannabis to give cancer patients the munchies. Munchies have nothing to do with potency as much as profile.

also onto Opie's question about weed and smoking. I think it's better to be completely sober while using any sort of heavy equipment or anything that can potentially hurt you. coffee and tea being the only exceptions I can think of
>>
>inb4 no appetite when not high
>inb4 no motivation to go gym
>inb4 same skinny fat dadbod every long term stoner has

but its good for u its natural maaahnnn
>>
>>35008301
Thanks for that anon. You and I share the exact same thoughts.
>>
>>35008002
This
>>
It will supplement the natural high you get from picking heavy shit up but only slightly its better to tote after you lift
>>
>>35008116
Find a better job
>>
>>35008332
>coffee and tea being the only exceptions
>a vasoconstrictive drug that elevates blood pressure and heart rate
>intense manual labor
>anuerysmcity.jpg

#caffeiekillsgainsbyattackingthehost

Use a safe pre workout supp like cannabis! Some strains can improve your focus and kinesthetic awareness, while they all possess anti-inflammatory compounds.
>>
File: 1447654852197.jpg (187 KB, 774x702) Image search: [Google]
1447654852197.jpg
187 KB, 774x702
I was very anti smoking+lifting before I tried it.

>smoke with my friends an hour before gym
>fucking stoned
>11 pm
>drive 30 minutes to the old school bodybuilding gym near the beach
>step foot inside the gym on 2 scoops of C4 + being high as fuck
>arms day
>mind muscle connection was next level
>the pump from my warm up sets felt like orgasms
>the focus on specific muscle that was being worked was phenomenal
>about to hit a BB curl drop set
>at the last set
>this exact part of the song comes on (55 seconds) https://youtu.be/AuJvJcg3Ejw?t=52s [Embed]
>my pump has surpassed godly
>the most focused, controlled, and squeezing reps of my life
>felt like a demi-god

Would do it again fo sho niggas
>>
File: kek.jpg (26 KB, 306x454) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
26 KB, 306x454
>>35008544
Why do i get the feeling that you look almost identical to pic related?
>>
File: 11monthsprogress.png (906 KB, 1728x377) Image search: [Google]
11monthsprogress.png
906 KB, 1728x377
>>35008599
>>
>>35008616
his neck looks like a throbbing cock after his INSANE DELT SESH BRUH
>>
>>35008616
You're too young to start the joice brah. But your progress is great. Start when you're 22, imo.
>>
>>35008676
>juice
>obviously natty physique
keep shilling roidfag
>>
>>35008340
It's possible to fuck yourself up with a lot of things. Drugs, video games, gambling, religion, politics, it's because humans can learn the wrong behavior patterns, not anything else.

If you lose your appetite when you're not high, that's a sure sign you're overdoing the fuck out of it. Stop for six months and reassess your life.

Similarly, if you find yourself losing motivation to do things you once did, cut waaaaay back. This applies to anything, not just weed.

Personally I enjoy weed after weekend gym sessions and at parties, but it definitely enabled my depression before I realized what was going on and took control of my life. Nothing in life is without risk.
>>
dude weed lmao
>>
>>35007961
It kills motivation, I try to only smoke ones on my rest day, to keep the tolerence low and my motivation high, it is hard I tell you
>>
that post workout smoke is relaxing as fuck
>>
stop acting like your own personal experiences are the only scenarios.

i used to take my preworkout, smoke, and then go to the gym. worked great, got into the workout, focus, everything

was a long term stoner, found if i smoked earlier in the day, all i needed was a 20 minute nap and once i got to the gym and warmed up i was as good to go as ever.

if this isnt the case for you, dont do it. simple

and before you say worthless stoner or whater, joined the military, havent smoked for 2 years, but the drinking culture here does more damage to gains than smoking ever did.
>>
File: fedora96.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fedora96.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>35009499
*tips fedora*

Religion is inherently good you fucking nerd.
>>
I smoke after lifting but only when bulking. It's incredible how easy it is to eat more than 3000kcal on one sitting.
>>
>>35009850

No, it's not. It's useless at best.
>>
>>35009850
Out of his entire post, that is the only reply you can come up with? You're a fucking faggot, kiddo.
>>
>>35008544
>arms day
>>
I lifted while high before. I had a blast, but I would rather save the high for post workout relaxation.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.