[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I'm a fat fag and have been for a while. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1444662174384.png (20 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1444662174384.png
20 KB, 560x407
Hey /fit/ I'm a fat fag and have been for a while. I've been lurking /fit/ and learning about fitness for almost a year. I went on a 2000 calorie or less diet which was an extreme cut at the time but I saw almost no weight loss. Like 4 months in I was 10 lbs down and I went on vacation to Alaska and gained it all back. Then I fell off the bandwagon until about a month ago doing the 2000 calorie thing again. My brother went fit to fat and he says the reason I'm not losing weight is because my metabolism is shit from consistently not eating enough. What do you think I should do? I'm around 5'11 and 270ish lbs. I used to be 259 before I started lifting again
>>
>>35006008
my brother went fat to fit, not fit to fat sorry typo
>>
>>35006008
Also I read the fucking sticky
>>
Self bump
>>
>>35006008
Why are you eating at 2000 calories exactly? Did someone tell you to do that?

First thing you need to do is get your TDEE. This will tell you a rough estimate of how much energy your body needs to be burn per day.

Second, you need to learn how to count calories, most people make the mistake of roughly estimating them, which usually happens to be overestimating. Also, condiments are calorie dense so I will suggest to stop or use them minimally. Since you are 270, it will be very easy to lose the 70-100 lbs, after that the rate of fat drop will decrease but that also depends on much on a calorie deficit you are.

As far as the metabolism goes, the difference in genetics does matter but its very minimal (200-300 calories) so don't be concerned with that. Most likely you aren't counting right.
>>
>>35006076
I'm eating 2000 because I signed up for myfitnesspal and entered my weight age and height. I heard it was supposed to be a good program but I'm not so sure anymore. I put in that I didn't so anything during the day because most of the time I don't do anything
>>
>>35006121
Well if you were actually eating at 2000 then there would have been a weightloss. How do you calculate your calorie intake?
>>
>>35006008
this happened to me, was cutting for over a year from 255-185, stalled HAAARD at 185.
had stalled before, but nothing that bad.

was doing 3 hours cardio, and eating only 1200kcal a day, and gaining "weight" (mostly water retention from increased cortisol, but i didn't know that at the time, and was freaking the fuck out)

what helped me out were these two videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHdUNdg7x4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWR5-weBBTQ

since then i hopped on the intermittent fasting bandwagon, started eating my over my BMR, and the weight started coming off again.
>>
>>35006149
My fitness pal again. But at the time I was lifting pretty hard but I didn't know how to enter that accurately
>>
>>35006121
You're eating more than you're claiming. Stop lying to yourself.
>>
You were not eating 2000 calories or you would have lost weight. Sorry anon
>>
>>35006169
Why would I lie to a fitness board on the internet about being fat?
>>
>>35006121
mfp is great, as long as you don't track burnt calories (it vastly overestimates how many kcal you burn)

i would still keep the mfp to track your macros and calories, recalc your TDEE, eat at maintenance for about a week to reset your metabolism, then slowly start dialing the calories back.

jeff cavalier says you should only create caloric deficit from expenditure, and eat your BMR always.

for long-term, i think that is fair advice.

but i like to crash-diet, because i am impatient.
>>
>>35006168
you can't calculate calories with mfp.
you need a scale or something to measure how much foodstuffs you are consuming.

i doubt metabolic adaptation is a concern if you are dieting at 2000kcal a day for only a month.

that is a lot of food, tbqh.
>>
>>35006008
1 cheat day every 10-12 days or so helped me break out of any plateaus. Eat food you don't normally have, but go like 300 kcals over your tdee, don't pig out too hard.
>>
>10 lbs over ~17 weeks

Solid progress. You're probably overestimating your activity. Math says 1800 cals a day instead should be 1 lb/week.
>>
>>35006168
Find a new method to calorie counting as >>35006207 said, you need a scale. If you are buying food items from the store, learn to read their nutrition information. Look at the amount of calories they have. Don't worry about the rest of the stuff, for now just focus on calories going in and calories going out. ALWAYS stay under your TDEE. Clearly fitnesspal is not working as efficiently because at 275lbs you should dropping weight much faster.
>>
>>35006207
Yeah OP here, you weigh the food and enter it into the food tracker. it's pretty easy if you make stuff like wraps from store bought items. If you have internet it can record and look up the macros for you
>>
>>35006207

How do you eat less than 2500kcal a day? I'm cutting atm, 2500kcal puts me at like 300-500kcal deficit usually. Literally can't sleep because I'm so hungry.
>>
>>35006234
I think I'm going to pick up manually counting calories instead of mfp now, thanks.
>>
>>35006249
I don't do much outside of lift so I don't need that much energy I guess. I used to be a wrestler and to make weight I'd eat a meal a week so it really isn't that hard to stay low but the problem is I'm not losing weight
>>
>>35006008
>muh fat isn't moving even though I'm eating at a deficit
why are there so many of these threads lately?
Go away Tumblrinas.
>>
>>35006249
kek, i have no idea.

i have only eaten 375kcal so far today, its 5:30pm and i still feel great! no hunger at all.

my recommendation is to start intermittent fasting and familiarize yourself with kinobody's stuff.

my goal is 1800kcal a day, and some days i feel like i am overeating just to reach it.

i cannot answer your question because i cannot relate to it at all.
>>
>>35006249
How tall are you?
>>
>>35006288
to be fair, metabolic adaptation is real, and quite a stumbling block if you are cutting for a long time.

also high cortisol leads to water retention, which can cause your weight to go up by 5lb or so on the scale, even as you shed bodyfat.

that being said, neither of those things seem to be true in the case of OP. so it does seem a little fishy...

(too many calories in too short of a time to expect metabolic adaptation, it ain't cortisol either unless OP is doing an hour or more of cardio erry day)
pic related
>>
>>35006325
OP here, Nah it aint a thyroid thing. I just want to know how to fix it, I have no problem dieting or whatever I'm tracking everything in MFP and I should be losing but I'm not so that's why I started this thread. I'm gonna stop using MFP and start manually entering the calories and see if that starts working. I was wondering what other ex fatbros had the same problem
>>
>>35006368
i would recommend crash dieting.
it worked wonders for me, though people advise against it.

basically just get by on as few calories as you can satiate yourself with.

some days i would manage as low as 850, but most days it was closer to 1200 (sometimes as high as 1500-1700, which was half-ass "cheat" day, just to revitalize the metabolism)

i think this only worked so well for me because my bodyfat was so high (over 20%).

the key is to eat primarily protein and low-cal veggies to feel full. most of my carbs came from veg and fruit (to satisfy late-night sugar cravings, even then only eat one, and keep it low cal like a peach, or orange, not something sugary like banana or apple). most of my fats came from protein (salmon is good fats, but meat in general), but if fat intake was too low, i would supplement with nuts.

flaxseed in a protein shake is a good way to get fats in.

my recommended crash diet macros are 60/20/20 p/f/c.

sometimes you can drop to lower than 50%, but generally i aim for .8g/lb

the more protein you eat, the more you prevent protein breakdown, and the more full you will feel. so its good to go heavy on it.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23260197

also stevia and cocoa powder mixed with water is a great low calorie chocolate snack.
it looks like you are eating poop, but it is very satiating, super low calorie, and probably the best tasting chocolate you ever had (Since its 99% cocoa, and as sweet as you prefer)
>>
>>35006368
>start manually entering the calories
yes do that.

that is how i used mfp to great success.

still use it to track your macros and shit.

>>35006526
>i would manage as low as 850,
to be clear: don't "aim" for that few calories (That is a horrible diet plan)

just get "full" (not stuffed, just in the zone where you are no longer hungry) on as few calories as possible. and eventually you will get good at doing that.
and if you feel like you ate 200 calories too many, stop eating for the day, and maybe do some cardio
(i like the indoor cardio bs you can do in your bedroom, plus shadow-boxing type stuff.. basically just jumping around like a crackhead)
i know this fagtard sucks, but it gives you an idea of the kind of shit you can do for quick and easy cardio pretty much no matter where you are, as long as you don't mind looking like a crackhead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir0jp-MU42o
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.