[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skin care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
I'm sick of having acne. What are the essential products, foods to avoid and some general tips? It's milder than in the pic desu.
>>
Try and avoid sugary processed foods. Helps my acne quite a bit.
>>
>>35004413
do you use any skin products?
>>
Wash your face at least once, preferably twice a day (if twice a day dries your skin too much just rinse the second time) change your pillow case often. And mosturize! Even if you have oily skin use a good non comedegenic lotion on your face every time you wash or rinse.
>>
>>35004453
Is changing the pillow case often that important? Seems like a bit of a pain
>>
>>35004383
A C C U T A N E
C
C
U
T
A
N
E
>>
>>35004502
yes very important. had acne for a while too and it basically collects all your face oils and then you rub your face back in them for the whole night.
>>
>>35004502
It helped me loads, that's why I included it. Just think about how much oil and sweat gets on it every night. You're rubbing your face on it like 8 hours a day. At least flip it often and wash it once a week or so with the rest of your laundry.
>>
>>35004502
then enjoy acne you lazy fuck
>>
>>35004502
I put a shirt on top of my pillow. Some shirts I use at home
>>
things that will help your acne a little:
>no dairies
>super clean diet with plenty of vegetables and lots of water

things that will help A LOT:
>accutane
>>
File: 1ztesqV.jpg (3 MB, 9256x4800) Image search: [Google]
1ztesqV.jpg
3 MB, 9256x4800
>>35004383
Quick tip for you; try and remember when the acne breakouts started and then identify anything that you had changed around then whether it was your diet, sleep schedule etc.

Just to give you an idea, when I started working out I started breaking out again after not having had acne for over two years. Thought it might have been the protein shakes due to the milk content but the acne still persisted.
I then realised that when I started working out I also started eating like at least 2 but sometimes 3 chicken breasts a day. Cut out chicken breast and now the breakouts have stopped.

Never thought that chicken would trigger acne but in me it did. Everyone is different and much like gym routines you have to experiment to see what works for you.
>>
Accutane if it's real bad. See a dermatologist and then start using:
2% BHA liquid exfoliant
Benzyol Peroxide
>>
I have my acne mostly under control but plenty of scars left on my cheeks. Wat do??
>>
>>35004657
If you use BHA or AHA you also need to put on sunscreen afterwards, if you go outside.
>>
remember that accutane is a last option. only if it is VERY bad and you have tried everything else.
>>
>>35004645
stop spreading this momscience, the guy needs to go do a damn dermatologist.
>>
>>35004502
A clean towel works also.
>>
>>35005156
This isn't mom science you fucking retard, the hormones contained in the chicken obviously affected my body. The results speak for themselves.

I was on Accutane as a teenager so I've done my research on Acne.
>>
>>35004657
Benzyol Peroxide cures acne really well
buy the 10% one and apply locally don't use much or you will get your face burning red
>>
been on accutane for 2 months now
no significant improvement yet, except I don't get cysts anymore

>>35004605
this is a great idea actually, the towels always fall off because I roll around too much
I can even wear the shirt next day
thanks!
>>
>>35004383
my formula is clean eating. plus an exfoliant followed by a deep pore cleanser. Works everytime
>>
>>35005187
>anecdotal evidence speaks for itself
top kek

https://youtu.be/H1JFGWBAC5c?t=1m24s
>>
>>35004383
Go to the doctor and ask for something.

Accutane is only prescribed when it's severe face acne or body acne. Otherwise they'll probably give you some foam, benzoyl peroxide pads, and a topical solution you need to rub in for a few hours every day.
>>
>>35005631
What do they do if those things don't work though? Surely they don't just go "too bad, deal with it"?
>>
>>35004383
1/2

Skin Care Routine

- With clean hands, wash once a day (twice if oily) with a facial cleanser with a reasonable amount of glycolic acid (<10%), benzoyl peroxide (a low concentration, I can't remember the number), or salicylic acid and no detergents or fragrances. Vitamin E is also a plus. Works best if done after showering. Rinse with lukewarm water.

- (Optional) Use toner to help restore the Ph balance you might have just wrecked with your cleanser.

- Pat dry and moisturize. Less moisturizer on areas where you might get oily and more on places you might get dry. Again, no fragrances since they can be irritants.

- Once to three times a weak, exfoliate your skin after washing with an exfoliating scrub. The smaller the beads/whatever, the better. You can make on yourself at home with honey and sugar. Gives me baby ass skin every time. Hold off until you know how your skin reacts, though.
>>
>>35005837
2/2

Misc Tips

- Don't touch your face unless to clean it.

- Don't pop pimples. If it's really bad, disinfect the area and lance with a disinfected needle. Spread skin away from the pimple, not push it towards it to get the rest out. It won't all come but it'll heal faster with less risk of infection and won't drive it deeper like the latter. Put antibiotic ointment on, band-aid optional.

- Change pillowcase weekly or put a towel you change out nightly on your pillow instead.

- The black dots on your nose aren't blackheads. Leave them alone.

- Drink plenty of water, eat clean, make sure you get enough vitamin E, A, and C and Omega-3's.

- If you breakout on your forehead and you have bangs, get a new haircut without them.

That's all I can remember. If it's really that bad, see a dermatologist.
>>
>>35005835
Have you tried that? Because I've never heard of it not working.
>>
>>35005928
I have, yeah, been on some things the dermatologist prescribed me for like 3 months now, and noticed some improvement for a bit, but then it just got shitty again, even though it's not super severe. I've also taken a few different medications they gave me for about 6 months before that, but not accutane.
>>
>>35004450
I use Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser and sunscreen/moisturizer
>>
Eat carrots. Like 4 good sized carrots every day.

Use coconut oil as a face wash. Smother it on your face, let it soak in, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Then use some stridex red pads to blast your pores. That shit breaks up all the bacterial build up and exfoliates your skin without scrubbing.
Then grab a load of coconut oil and use it as a moisturiser. Feels greasy to begin with but then it soaks in and then your skin is hydrated and sexy.

Also eat carrots. Seriously just eat carrots.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
put this thing under water to make it wet, then rub it all over your face. it will dry out your face. i've been doing this for the last month and i haven't had a single pimple, it also made my pours smaller. try it senpai

it's also used after shaving to reduce irritation.
>>
Do hot showers cause acne?

I have facial acne and back acne, and I'm 21.
I had it real bad before I started eating better/working out, but it still persists bad enough that it looks bad.

I drink at least one glass of milk a day, and a protein shake, sometimes 2 glasses of milk a day but generally one.
I have started changing my sheets and pillow cases, taking only warm showers, washing with Irish spring, and applying with warm water this cream my mom got me.

I think I got to do more research because she always gets me acne stuff and it never works.
>>
>>35007180
like warmish instead of hot
>>
>>35005156
you can do both, not like a dermatologist is gonna know if chicken causes your acne to act up. people have different bodies, just be conscious of what's going on during breakouts.
>>
>>35004383
dude for me it was dairy. I was clearing up and BAM my face was covered because I added some milk to my coffee. I am a femanon so birth control helps mine. I also have bought drug store grade creme "ROC wrinkle cream" it has retinol a form of vitamin A. Which is what actuate is. It seems to reduce the size of it greatly.
>>
Aztec Indian healing clay and organic apple cider vinegar. Use it as a facial mask at least 3 days a week for acne

TCA Peels and laser skin resurfacing for acne scars
>>
>>35005491
One thing I've always wondered is how long your suppose to leave it on, and do you rub it in or just apply it?
>>
there's so many "solutions" out there for acne and no actual consensus
>>
>>35007452
Cause its different for everyone which is so annoying. There is no magical cure that works for everyone, you have to try it out until you figure it out.

I have yet to figure it out.
>>
why the fuck am i only getting acne on the left side of my face near the jawline

I'm 23, i've had acne since 12 years old, near 21 it stopped for a bit now since like last spring it popped up again but in that specific spot only

i never touch my face and i sleep on my back with a clean towel on my pillow
i really dont understand, right side is 100% clear at all times, left side im getting a cyst every month under the jawline and at least 4-5 pipples at all times on my cheek
>>
>>35004383
pic related
>>
>>35006046
Where can I get this?
>>
File: 71+ypV9zf3L._SY679_.jpg (16 KB, 212x679) Image search: [Google]
71+ypV9zf3L._SY679_.jpg
16 KB, 212x679
>>35004383
I am not joking, clean your sheets and pillow cover. They accumulate greasy shit and cause like 90% of your acne, that and diet. I do this and use proactive daily wash on my body
>>
>>35006046
How does it help with acne? Says it's for shaving irritation.
>>
If your still youngish you may want to cut out dairy
all the extra hormones will make you break out
At least thats what happened with me
Also had to cut out nuts, i guess the oils were fucking me up?

And sugary processed foods are a must go of course
>>
>>35007459
That isn't how medicine works. More likely there isn't any actual solution and you're wasting your time.
>>
>>35004383
Anon there are essentially 2 causes of acne. Your environment or genetics. If you cut out dairy, clean your sheets, stop using harsh chemicals on your face (including shampoo), don't irritate your face by washing it 5 times a day and you STILL have acne, then it's genetics. Talk to your doctor about accutane at this point.
>>
>>35007503
When you sleep, do you have the left side of your face on your pillow? Are you left handed? Maybe you rub your chin too much in a day and irritate it. If it's isolated to one area, chances are it's caused by your environment.
>>
>>35008005
Wasn't talking about medicine. And yes there is no universal cure that works for everyone aside from accutane. Even then its not 100%.
>>
File: WIN_20151123_013227.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151123_013227.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
>>35004383
Dermatologist here. Go to a dermatologist nearby and say you've been using a bunch of different products and none have worked that well, ask about Ziana and Noritate. Ziana is a combo of antibiotics that will nuke all bacteria that produce whiteheads / blackheads, use before bed after washin ur face. Noritate is for morning use, and reduces swelling and deep pimples. Make sure to MOISTURIZE in the mornings after you use a cleanser because if you dont you'll be complaining about a red face and dry skin.

Pics are proof.
>>
>>35008140

How you do this for cheap?
>>
>>35008180
Ask if they can get you a prescription and if they have any coupons for a free trial bottle. They'll give u a bunch of little samples too. Its not that expensive, and if you really care its worth spending the money on.
>>
stop drinking milk
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/3snj7l/how_to_do_skincare/

This worked for me. I don't have acne, which is accutane is for, but it fixed my white/blackheads texture on my face.

If anyone has solution for bacne, and body skincare, post it...
>>
>>35008548
>actually linking to trp

embarassing
>>
>>35008140
I bet you're not a dermatologist. Post pics of your fellowship if you are.
>>
Tea Tree Oil
Boys
>>
>>35007542
shit,i remember when i put that on my face for the first time.feels like someone burned my face with a flamethrower
>>
File: Oatly.jpg (117 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
Oatly.jpg
117 KB, 620x465
>>35005187
I had to quit milk because they fuck with my hormone balance. This anon is right.

Pic related, way tastier and healthier than gay ass milk.
>>
>>35004383
http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming ffs
>>
File: 0663 - jRqcm2m.jpg (26 KB, 408x660) Image search: [Google]
0663 - jRqcm2m.jpg
26 KB, 408x660
>Tfw acne clear for like a year or 18 months now
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.