[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does strength = aesthetics or is this a meme? Every person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
So does strength = aesthetics or is this a meme?

Every person I see here who lifts for strength honestly looks pretty crap.

Better then a fat slob but much worse then the posters who lift for aesthetics.
>>
File: SD-PaulAnderson-1.jpg (57 KB, 604x414) Image search: [Google]
SD-PaulAnderson-1.jpg
57 KB, 604x414
>>35003960
Strength training will make you aesthetic as fuck. Pic related.
>>
Being lean is more aesthetic than not

Muscle mass is secondary, but also relevant. Some people have different goals and priorities and that's okay. More mires for you.
>>
>>35003960
Are you genetically gifted ? If you are a normie do you have a chad body ? Then SS tier routines will get you jacked, if you are a lanket,skeleton, skinnyfat, burger mode then no they will not get you jacked, you have to do fucking splits, since you are not athletically inclined
>>
File: my_progression.jpg (1 MB, 1512x1261) Image search: [Google]
my_progression.jpg
1 MB, 1512x1261
>>35003991

obviously if you take a Super Heavyweight class lifter hes going to be fat
retard

>>35003960

its pretty much true, when powerlifters cut (to fit in a weightclass normally) its fookin impressive.

this is Isley, one of the weaker powerlifters on /fit/. Bench is only 130kg or something i believe
>>
>>35004013

skinnyfat-ism isnt genetic though?
and do you have a source for your comment?

because it looks a bit like you pulled it out of your ass tbqh
especially considering literally anybody here will tell you that a brosplit is pretty much the worst thing to recommend to a natty beginner

fuck off mate
>>
>>35004028
>tfw those dates are reversed
>tfw strongest regression I've seen on /fit in years
>tfw the cage door needs to be shut again
>>
>>35004028
>>35004052
Man such a difference in his face with the weight loss.

I am about the same as the right fatwise at the moment with a 6-7/10 face.

Maybe there is hope for a 8/10 with weight loss
>>
>>35004048
He's pulling it out of his ass. The main difference between someone who focuses on strength rather than looks is that they are not obsessively preoccupied with staying below 10% body fat and having dick striations, because it negatively affects performance. That being said, people who compete in lower weightclasses (up to 93) stay fairly lean, because obviously having more muscle is always beneficial.
Rest is just insertions, genetic predisposition to put on mass and differences in development of muscles less important in terms of strength performance (arms,calves).
>>
>>35004048
>>35004141
Lifting for 10 years, been to many gyms, trained with allot of mates, strength routines is for fucking dad bods, for people who do manual fucking labor, think of Jason Blaha, moving heavy weight is enough for people like him to get definition, if you are normie skinny kid or fat fuck you have to do split, you hit all the muscle groups and stimulate growth for all kinds of gains, my best friend was doing SS for 3 years, he had barely any change on split in two years time he completely recomped his body
>>
Bodybuildingrev on youtube just shows me that weight training of any kind leads to mostly similar aesthetic/strength results if youre dedicated.
>>
>>35004186
>was doing SS for 3 years
Well if you do a beginner routine for that long, there is no wonder you have no results.

Another proof that you are pulling this out of your ass. Routines don't affect body composition, and this is obvious for anyone who trained for longer than a year, so please stop lying and spreading misinformation.
>>
File: default.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
default.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
>>35004186

poor troll
>>
>>35004242
kek
>>
>>35003960
People who lift for strength = normal, healthy, hetero men
People who lift for aesthetics = vain closet homos

This is an undeniable truth
>>
>>35004186
>SS for 3 years
nice man, staying on SS for that long is either true (yet retarded) dedication or 0 dedication.
>>
>>35004028
This 100%

The only reason some powerlifters look bad is that they don't cut. If they did cut they would have solid physiques.

If you train for strength and watch your diet so you don't gain too much fat you will have a solid physique.

Just make sure to train back and do some accessories for arms and delts so you don't develop any lagging body parts.
>>
>>35004437
>being this daft
The picture on the left is his current form, the picture on the right is him as a teenager before he became kirby's sidekick.
>>
>>35004305
No, that's actually fucking amazing if he actually managed to progress the entire time.

Even if you started off benching the bar and only added 2 lbs to your bench every workout (1..5x a week) you would end up benching over 500 lbs after 3 years.

Of course, that's impossible without drugs or getting fat as fuck. But, if that was possible.

2 lbs x 1.5 sessions per week x 52 weeks a year x 3 years = 468 lbs + the bar = 513 lbs
>>
>>35004451
Regardless, even on the left he's only 1 cut away from looking juicy.
>>
>>35004503
georgie plz get your shit together
>>
>>35003960
They're not mutually exclusive, but pursuing one generally tends to weaken the other.
>>
>>35003960

low bodyfat = aesthetics

fat over cheeks/muscle = not cut/aesthetic
>>
>>35004523
How am I wrong?
>>
>>35004028
Oddly enough, he still looks way shittier than those who train purely for looks. I mean look at that fucking core and those disproportionately small arms. There's your answer OP
>>
>>35004608
How are you right?
>>
>>35004629
You have serious dysmorphia if you think he looks bad for anyone outside body building.
>>
>>35004631
He has a solid amount of muscle mass and decent proportions, Getting lean would just make everything pop out more.

Do you really think he wouldn't look like he does on the right if he went on a cut and got a tan?
>>
>>35004230
roids help a bit too
>>
deadlifts and squats are the worst exercises for aesthetics
>>
>>35004795
this is absolutely the most retarded meme in here
>>
>>35004650
not really. I just don't find it aesthetic when the core goes out as far as the lats. Deadlifts really ruin the body like that
>>
>>35004795
Lol. They develop the lower body that's great unless you want chicken legs.

Just don't be a dumb ass and do 3 times as much lower body work as you do upper body work.

As long as your upper to lower body volume ratio is equal to or greater than 50/50 there's nothing wrong with squats and deadlifts.
>>
>>35004836
You are a clueless little bitch. I don't know where you people get your theories from, but waist size is 95% genetic.
>>
>>35004829
Deadlifts and squats are the most retarded meme. They're such a meme that even non-lifters make fun of lifters who don't do them.
Look at how Zyzz is glorified everywhere, yet he obviously didn't do them.

There's nothing aesthetic about having a thick ass core and not being able to fit in nice looking pants.
>>
>>35004836
I've never seen this happen with anyone who wasn't super heavyweight or on massive amounts of gear.
>>
>>35004889
1)deadlifts and squat don't make your core thicker
2)if you want skinny legs, lifting weights is for you.
>>
>>35004886
>No sources
Right, so you're saying you can make every muscle in your body grow... except those in your core? Lol okay.
Enjoy doing SS though. It's really funny how most people come here wanting to look good, get tricked into doing SS, then hop on the "squats&deadlift" meme bandwagon because they think it makes them so much better for doing them. It's like the only thing you pathetic ss fags have to hold on to because you know your bodies will look like shit, yet you want to feel superior to the "curl fags" who actually look good and bang all the girls you have crushes on
>>
>>35003960
I don't know, mate. Take a look at Dan Green?
>>
>>35004932
You demand sources while you don't provide any yourself. Way to go.

The muscles of your abdominal wall are about 1cm thick, so even if you triple their size, which would be pretty fucking impressive, you won't make yourself significantly wider.
Add to that the fact that squats and deads don't really stimulate them as much as you idiots tend to think, and your theory becomes pure shit.
Ironically, faggots like you probably do a lot of targeted core work, which stimulates growth much more effectively, yet you don't complain about that.
>>
>>35004052
I'm just going to blame Wilks. Isley is a bit of an anomaly tbqh but really Wilks as a coach is also an idiot so
>>
>>35005033
Yeah, the muscles of the core are actually pretty small. They aren't going have much effect on the size of your waist.

It just comes down to bone structure mostly.
>>
>>35005110
>bone structure
>Bones
>in your core

this is why I don't trust what people on /fit/ say. You're literally retarded
>>
>In This Post >>35004677... a fuccboi dickrider
>He has a solid amount of muscle mass
No he doesnt

>decent proportions
No he doesnt

>Getting lean would just make everything pop out more.
No it wouldn't

>Do you really think he wouldn't look like he does on the right if he went on a cut and got a tan?
I know he wouldn't look like he did on the right.

Learn fuck all about weight gain/loss and muscular development before spouting broscience.
>>
>>35005358
Yeah, muscles are just outside your bones and totally don't connect to them at all, they're completely separate. Obviously your bone structure effects how you look, and how your muscles develop.
>>
>>35005358
Large rib cage + wide hips will make your waist look bigger.
>>
>>35005401
So when did you become an absolute dick lotus? Or is it not the real lotus?
>>
>>35003960
Nobody gives a fuck about how much you can lift. People care about your physique and you should to. If you have a good physique, you're strong. That's what matters most.
>>
>>35005473
I care about how much people can lift.

Then again I'm not some Dyel shitposter on /fit
>>
>>35005471 ref >>35005364
Learn about LBM and then come back with the same statements.
>>
>>35005537
I'm not even that guy. Just wondering what happened to you. I haven't seen you acting this dickish before.
>>
>>35005553
Lol you kidding me? Pretty much all the tripfags on /fit are dickish, especially the plg fuckers. Sparrow is usually nice though.
>>
>>35004028
did you bully me in high school?
>>
>>35005553
It's frustrating for multiple reasons.

1. The picture on the right is of someone several years ago when they looked significantly better.
2. The picture on the left is after several years of garbage eating and moderate exercise classified as powerlifting.
3. The myth that you are one 'cut' away form being back to shredded and everything is gonna pop once you lose weight needs to end, this applies to people on gear not naturals. Naturals that lose significant weight in one cut look flat and depleted, not thick, tight and solid.
4. The proportions on his body not good, his legs are much more dominant than his upper body and a cut would make him legit T-Rex mode.
5. The lack of understanding around how much bigger your frame gets after years and years of training is something nobody discusses or really understands on this site. If you do heavy compounds year in and year out natural or not your frame will get bigger. With a bigger frame you require much more mass to look filled out.
6. The picture on the left is over 20% body-fat at 90-93kg, which means he can only weight 72-74.4kg. Given that his frame has gotten larger over time that LBM would make him look like a shrimp at 81kg 10%bf @6'0.

I've had enough of the fuckshit being spouted/parroted it's not even for the lulz anymore, just genuine idiots preaching broscience and more idiots believing the nonsense.
>>
>>35004889 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aswXtdajHxQ
Here is zyzz deadlifting
>>
File: bonestructureinthecore.jpg (412 KB, 1396x1500) Image search: [Google]
bonestructureinthecore.jpg
412 KB, 1396x1500
>>35005405
look at all those core bones
>>
>>35005733
>350kg
kek
>That form
kek

you can tell just by this lift that he doesn't actually deadlift regularly. He clearly did it for shits and giggles, to see how much he could do, or to show autists on /fit/ that he can. He never deadlifted regularly and you can see it in his physique. I mean if he did, you'd think he'd have more than 1 video no? Considering how many videos he took of himself working out
>>
>>35004889
>There's nothing aesthetic about having a thick ass core and not being able to fit in nice looking pants

Do you get to decide that? Are you the international aesthetics committee or something?
>>
>>35005866
I never said there was bones in your core, I said that they connect to bones above and below it, and that your structure obviously effects your shape. Wider hips and wider ribs will result in a wider core.
>>
>>35005886
>hurr zyzz didn't do DLs
>here's a video of zyzz deadlifting
>hurr no he was joking I can tell because of a few pixels here and there
Nice delusion.
>>
Strength = muscle mass
Muscle mass + low fat = aesthetic

It's pretty simple teebeeh
>>
>>35005358
>Skeletal muscle

Holy shit, do you even know what muscle is bro? This is the most terminal case of bro science I've ever seen.
>>
>>35005687
marry me pls
>>
>>35005886
laughing at 350kg?
for real?

how jacked do you have to be before your lifts aren't laughable anymore?
>>
>>35007537

Because that's not 350kg. A bit over 350lbs, more like.
>>
>>35003960
There's a huge difference between body builders and powerlifters mang.
>>
>>35007518
How much do you front squat? Do you have good grip strength?
>>
File: buick 1.png (391 KB, 591x452) Image search: [Google]
buick 1.png
391 KB, 591x452
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.