[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forgive me for posting the same thread two days in a row, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 279x181
Forgive me for posting the same thread two days in a row, but I didnt get any luck yesterday, so I figured I'd give it another go today before I give up.

Current weight is about 345lbs. I go through big cycles of losing a lot of weight quite quickly and gaining a lot of weight even quicker. Talking 100-150lbs each time.

Normally I lose weight by eating (kind of) clean and training hard on the cardio equipment in the gym. However, I've just started a new job that has me on my feet for up to 12 hours a day, and its causing me some bad knee pains. Decided to take up swimming instead.

Current swimming ability, I did 130 lengths of 20m or 25m (im not sure which it is) pool in 75 mins. Im getting a bit bored of going for long slow swims though. If anyone can suggest some good swimming workouts that would be great.

>tl:dr - swimming workouts for fatasfatass
>>
File: marco.jpg (32 KB, 550x360) Image search: [Google]
marco.jpg
32 KB, 550x360
Dont abandon me /fit/.

Here is a pic of Marco because I am a cu/ck/ and he's beautiful.
>>
>>35003779
Row. Eat less. Drink over a gallon of water a day. Glhf senpai wish me luck I'm asking for a girl's number rn
>>
>>35003779
If you lose and gain weight, swimming won't help.

Sort your food behaviour out.

Change up your stroke patterns. Do different stroke/style, back, breast, crawl, butterfly. Use a flutter board, use fins, use leg float.
Do sprints. Work on tumble turns.
Look up technique vids, and incorporate some of the exercises into your routine.
>>
>>35005044
>Swimming wont help

Why not?
>>
>>35003779
Dude your numbers are really good, I swim 3 times a week and I do arround 4k in 1 hour and a half and I'm otter as fuck (6' 155lbs) maybe you should try sepparating your swimming routine in parts, first warm-up, after that you can do some medley so that way you'll be changing styles constantly, then a couple of sprints to improve your speed(for example 5x100 in 1'50'' rest included) or something like 100-200-400-200-100, try combining those exercises by using paddles, swim fins, etc, finally somthing easy to cool off. Is also really good to swim with friends to give that extra and you will have more fun
>>
>>35003779
also, try to find a good diet and stick to it
>>
>>35004989
Update got her number. Ty fit for the psycho-support
>>
>>35005168
Thanks for this. Sounds like some good things to focus on. 5x100 sounds like it could be a good challenge.

>>35005237
Congrats man.
>>
>>35003779
op I don't know if youre lying but almost 2 laps a minute for 75 minutes is quite impressive even for athletic people. If youre actually fat and can do that much then you are one serious anomaly
>>
>>35005352

Im certainly very fat. And bar any counting errors, those are legit figures. Its either 2600m or 3250m depending on pool length, but ive been told different lengths by different members of staff. And I dont have any experience at other pools to be able to tell.

I find it fairly comfortable to swim at a constant pace. I normally take a rest after 30-35 lengths for a drink. However, if I try and push myself a little harder than my normal pace, or even just add an extra two strokes before I take a breath, I start to suffer, get out of breath and then it takes me quite a while to recover.
>>
>>35005406
a standard lap length is 25 meters and usually a pool sticks to the standard or atleast ive never seen something less
>>
I dont know if im a 'serious anomaly'. I was able to run 10k at about 260lbs, 1 hour treadmill, 1hour 06 on the road. 2000m indoor row was about 7:45 at around 280lbs. Had 5/4/3/2/1 plate lifts when I was 19, although that is long gone now. I guess I've always been able to push myself hard just because I like to try and keep up with my friends.
>>
>>35003779
You are self destructive. Everyone hates you and finds you repulsive and thinks you don't deserve to live. There is nothing you could have done to deserve how much you want to hurt yourself. I reccomend you channel that at the gym. Eventually the hate changes to other better things.
>>
>>35005612
>everyone hates you

Too mean
>>
>>35005168
>Is also really good to swim with friends to give that extra and you will have more fun
This so much. I changed my swimming schedule about two months ago and now train with a group of 20 people in the morning before work and its really fun. I didn't know any of them but the camaraderie of training with a group instead of alone its relly comfy.

Good luck anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.