[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most effective diet? and has anyone had experience from starving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: d.jpg (116 KB, 750x531) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
116 KB, 750x531
Most effective diet? and has anyone had experience from starving themselves, does it work?
>>
read the fucking sticky you fat piece of garbage
>>
Restrict calories; don't starve yourself.
Eat in a way that makes it easy for you to manage your hunger, i.e. intermittent fasting; eating lots of vegetables/legumes; staying away from fast foods, etc.

Increase energy output by taking up a physical activity as a hobby. Lifting is what most people do here but anything is fine as long as you'll stick to it.
>>
>>35001416
Your a good man anon
>>
There was the guy that starved himself for a year and he made the news, probably because it's so monumentally stupid to do and incredibly difficult/rare to pull off.

Do it properly, eat 500-1000kcals a day less than you burn, be consistent, and give it time.
>>
Starve yourself. It's the fastest and most effective way to lose weight.
Eat nothing for 2 days.
Eat like 800 calories the next day
Repeat.
You'll shed weight incredibly fast as long as you keep drinking water.

I dropped like 20lbs in a month doing this.
>>
>>35002928
Don't listen to this guy, sure you lose fat but it's incredibly unhealthy and your gonna fuck your shit up. Eat at a 700-1000 cal deficit and do some physical activity
>>
>>35002985
>it's incredibly unhealthy
Sure, if you do it for an extended period of time you will get fucked up.
Fortunately, you do not have to do it for an extended period of time because of how effective it is.

It's your choice, OP. Spend a year (or multiple) trying to lose weight slowly and "safely" (maintaining your probably small muscles), or drop all the weight you want in less than a year, start eating right after it's gone, and enjoy being skinny again.
>>
>>35002985
Why do you post when you have no idea what you're talking about?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
>>
do a 750 caloric deficit.
500 makes no room for mistakes.
1000 really is alot if you're not a 6'4" or more behemoth.

Most importantly, do cardio.
I shred so much fat playing basketball holy shit.
>>
>>35003099
this

do not, under any circumstances starve yourself
I made that mistake, you don't want a fucked up endocrine system, trust me
>>
Count macros
>>
>>35003188
Idiot doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>35001416
Your answer should be put in a meme and be the go-to whenever anyone asks about dieting
>>
>>35003091
Yeah because we all have doctors to monitor us around the clock.
>>
>>35000830
starving works but you feel like shit and tired all the time.
>>
nicotine, it will help suppress you're appetite (if you high bp or a heart condition you may want to reconsider - i use gum).
also have a small breakfast (i have 2 bananas), skip lunch (or have a small snack if you do e.g an apple), eat a good dinner (i don't pay much attention to what i have but it's all homemade and i generally don't use fatty cuts of meat, excessive amounts of oil or fry food) and exercise.

you'll get used to eating less.

>lost 17lbs over 2 months (182 to 165) with light exercises (push ups, dips, chin ups and squats)
>>
EAT POISON

LISTEN TO YUNG LEAN
>>
>>35000830
Eat <1500 calories a day and do a SL routine every second day. Don't skip the lifting part, you need something to keep off the weight once you hit your goal and that's what lifting will be.
>>
>>35000830
Works at making you skinnyfat.
>>
File: maymay.png (34 KB, 875x395) Image search: [Google]
maymay.png
34 KB, 875x395
>>35003236
>>35001416
>>
>>35004507
Nice meme :^)
>>
Most effective diet?

>plenty of vegetables
>lean meat / egg whites / nuts
>oats and lentils for complex carbs
>fruits for simple carbs
>water to drink
>no processed food, no dressing, no frying, everything plain as much as as possible

end of fucking story
>>
The best weight loss trick I learned was to eat cucumbers. Raw fucking cucumbers. I went from 263 to 159 in about 6~9 months just eating cucumbers. Everytime I had the munchies or I didn't feel full or mentally thought I needed more food I fed my fat ass cucumbers. No matter how far you are, no one has the stomach for 3000 calories of cucumbers. Shits unreal.
>>
>>35004568
>everything plain as much as as possible

This. Best decision I've made in my life.

>started doing so 2 months ago
>smoothest shit 24/7 -- the only reason I keep toilet rolls is to check that there really isn't any shit
>actually feeling energetic as fuck
>even though I eat 2-3 times a day in big portions, I never feel bloated
>cheap as fuck
>>
>>35004575

that's a good advise right there
>>
>>35004568
So disgusting. I would rather eat like shit and be skinnyfat than eat such flavorless shit.
>>
So first off, read the god damn sticky
Seconds, diets are bullshit
Since you're asking this question bulking/cutting doesn't apply to you
So what you need is a lifestyle change, eat less, move more and put down the fork fatty.
>>
>>35004568
Is eating like this actually better for fat loss? i mean i thought it was calories in vs calories out but nobody can give me a reasonable/scientific explanation of why its better to eat clean foods for fat loss
>inb4 fuller for longer (i can eat shit foods and still starve myself until my next calories)
>>
>>35005147
calories in and calories out matters, but what you wanna do is not count calories at all and just eat clean. And eat more when you're looking forward to gain more muscles. Cleanbulk is NOT a myth, don't believe anyone that tells you you can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time

>>35005091
oh noes... you only like it when it feels yummy yummy in your belly? fucking faggot, aesthetics aren't handed to you with no effort
>>
Most effective diet?
Want the truth?
Drink nothing but water
Drink up to and over a gallon a day
Eat no bread or starch unless you are a highly highly active athletic person.

Eat no extra sugar and cut back on fruit unless you're having a serious glycogen crash and need it.

Eat with no distractions, like television books or people around. Enjoy your meal in silence or with some soft music and chew it thoroughly.

Eat no pre-processed, fast, junk, premade or or worse diet food, of any kind, if you can help it.
If you can, buy freerange only foods and organic veg. Anyone who tells you not too and it's not about money is more then likely a shill.

Snack on nuts and berries.

Eat Three square meals a day.

Large breakfast, medium lunch large dinner.

Get 8 hours of sleep a night in the dark with no distractions like television or games or the pc.

Sit as little as possible

Walk a lot

Stay active

Do something strenuous but not so strenuous you need days to recover(unless you have days to recover and are in great health.
>>
>>35002928
wew lad, enjoy your heart attack.
>>
>>35005431
lol you're stupid
>>
>>35005443
Your body will eat your muscle before it eats into your fat. Not just because it wants to save the fat, but because you're more then likely not eating nutrient dense foods and living a healthy active(not high levels of exercise or nothing just getting off your ass and moving about and probably doing some calisthenics) lifestyle.
>>
>>35005431
>>35005443

watch all the weight come piling back on the moment he stops his little diet
>>
I starved myself after my breakup, lost a shitload of weight. Didn't even mean to do it. Felt so terrible emotionally that I didn't really notice how I felt physically. It did work, I'll say that much. But after awhile I started eating again and doing assloads of cardio and now I'm 100lbs lighter

eat less, move more. bada bing
>>
>>35005487
This is wrong.
The body will start to consume excess fat and small amounts of skeletal mass. It won't eat your heart you fucking retard.
>>
>>35005487

The body will only eat your muscles once you get down to about 15% body fat. You're a fucking retard if you think a fatty will lose any significant amount of muscle even if he's starving himself

Humans would never have survived the caveman era if the body prioritized eating muscle over stored fat
>>
>>35005559
>>35005680
Getting your information on how the human body works from reading what geared up fucktards tell you?

Do you idiots listen to yourselves?
>>
>>35005193
>oh noes... you only like it when it feels yummy yummy in your belly? fucking faggot, aesthetics aren't handed to you with no effort
Fortunately I make enough money to pay for regular liposuction.

Sucks to be a poorfag and eat garbage, tasteless food for MUH AESTHETICS, doesn't it?
>>
>>35006022
>You're le stupid! If you starve yourself your body will eat your heart immediately and you'll die!
I'm not denying that you will lose skeletal mass with starvation diet. You will, but you will mainly lose fat.

If what you were saying was true, all those starving Africans would be dropping like flies from heart attacks and shit. The starvation diet prevents this, because you're still eating, just very intermittently.

Also I did exactly what I said for 4 months and dropped nearly 80lbs. Still living.
>>
Most effective diet I've had is slight calorie restriction + EC stacks.

Keto was alright too but I couldn't take a shit on keto to save my life, and I was supplementing with fiber too.
>>
File: 20120105141962.jpg (100 KB, 1157x577) Image search: [Google]
20120105141962.jpg
100 KB, 1157x577
>>35007346
baka desu senpai

liposuction is only for subcutaneous fat
>>
>>35007346
lol mate, if you don't get there by self-discipline I guarantee you that you won't stay there.
>>
File: liposuction-01b.jpg (68 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
liposuction-01b.jpg
68 KB, 800x540
>>35007413
I don't have visceral fat. I go from left to right a few times a year.

>>35007426
>I guarantee you that you won't stay there.
Oh I know, and I don't give a shit. I'd rather pay for lipo than eat the garbage you have to eat to look like this otherwise.
>>
File: image.gif (934 KB, 918x405) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
934 KB, 918x405
>>35007346
If it tastes like garbage I suggest stop eating food from the bin or the trough and learn how to cook and season food
>>
>>35000830
Live on cum like the cock hungry whore you are.
>>
>>35007445
>If it tastes like garbage I suggest stop eating food from the bin or the trough and learn how to cook and season food
>can't eat delicious noodles because carbs will make you fat (this cuts out basically all asian food)
>can't eat mayo because muh fat
>can't eat sugar because muh carbs
>can't eat fried anything because muh carbs
>can't eat burritos
>can't eat fish besides tuna
>can't even eat fucking egg yolk because muh fat; have to autistically remove the yolk every time or buy egg whites in a carton
>can't eat fucking anything but oats, nuts, egg whites, and grilled chicken with no butter/marinade/etc, just some shitty penzey spice sprinkled on top

It's not worth it. Not for sex. Not for anything. Food is one of the greatest pleasures in life.
>>
>>35007494

saved for HAES / fat people hate threads
>>
>>35007494
>>can't eat delicious noodles because carbs will make you fat (this cuts out basically all asian food)
Yeah you sure wouldn't want to end up like Japan and have a 3% national obesity rate! Asian food is fucking horrible right?
>>
>>35007528
I'm not fat though, like I said.

Sucks to be you, faggot. Enjoy your tasteless grilled chicken and rice for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>35007370
Those starving africans were never fat and have more nutrient dense food at their disposal you stupid waste of spunk.

For gods sake, calories in calories oft only works in theory and if it was that easy then fucking scurvy would have never been a thing.
>>
>>35007724
>have more nutrient dense food at their disposal you stupid waste of spunk.
I never said to eat garbage on the few days that you do eat. Eat a bunch of vegetables and fruit. About 800-1000 calories worth. Take vitamin supplements during your starvation.

If you do it the right way there is almost no risk.
>>
>>35007724
>For gods sake, calories in calories oft only works in theory
what the fuck are you on mate. the laws of thermodynamics are very real
>Those starving africans were never fat and have more nutrient dense food at their disposal you stupid waste of spunk.
humans are designed to starve and starve well. it's an evolutionary adaptation. you could water fast for 40 days like jesus and come out the other end with objectively better health metrics in all areas than you started out with.
>>
>>35007756
Starvation combined with vitamin supplementation has never been suggested as a long term thing.
It's only been tested in the short term in controlled settings.
Even then it was seen as dangerous.,

>>35007781
Yeah, a person who eats 1500-2000 calories of unfilling garbage with no nutrients is not as healthy or fit as someone who eats 1500-2000 calories of good food.

"Let a child eat 1000 calories of candy is the same as fixing the child home cooked meals"
Is that what you're saying?

You're either a junkfood shil are one of those fucking idiots who listen to steroid pimpers and their bullshit "diets".

By the way, once you become obese, once you live on horrible food for a chunk of your life the body changes, Perhaps permanently.
A person who grew up eating natural healthy food will always be healthier then someone who grew up eating garbage even if they have the exact same diets later in life.

Temporarily starving yourself as an obese person is putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound, but only after pouring salt into it.

It does not fix the unhealthy lifestyle that caused it nor will it reverse the changes in the body that will FORCE it to stay fat no matter what. It's only masturbation.

If they want to lose weight they will have to change their diet and eat less but not starve themselves.
>>
>>35007935
What's with all these reddit fucktards on my board these days. Read the sticky and fuck off
>>
>>35007935
>Starvation combined with vitamin supplementation has never been suggested as a long term thing.
You must be illiterate. I have never argued for long term starvation. I have been arguing for short term starvation to lose a massive amount of weight--to kickstart yourself, if you will--and then to eat correctly and exercise.
>>
starving works, but calories are a zero sum game

you will lose everything

and possibly die without certain vitamins because your brain needs certain things that your body can't synthesize from muscle or fat.
>>
>>35007946
The sticky is shit.

>>35007950
Okay fine.
But remember, diets don't work and what you're suggesting is just playing around.
>>
File: 1406289498549.jpg (108 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1406289498549.jpg
108 KB, 625x626
>>35007494
3/10
>>
>>35000830
Many people here will promote what worked for them specifically. Everybody works differently (not so much physically, I mean psychologically) and everybody needs different approaches to achieve weight loss. To me, starving was the best thing. It taught me self control like nothing else could ever have, it taught me that you don't die from not eating anything for two weeks. You realize that people are made to survive these kind of things and that fat has this purpose.

Just try it, it won't kill you, but it might teach you so many things. It's not unhealthy like people here suggest, a week is absolutely harmless in case you don't have any known chronic diseases. Note that the people thinking fasting is dangerous are probably people promoting actually dangerous stuff like keto diets that can cause severe harm to your kidneys. Fasting is probably not a good way of losing fat in the long term, as you need medical observation after two weeks. But to me, after going through what I thought was hell, losing weight was rather easy.

So what I want to say is: Just experiment a little. Try to find what works for you, DON'T listen to people who say stuff like "X is best, everything else is shit!", as they tend to have no fucking clue. Sure, in theory it's all very simple, but getting the mind to do what is theoretically good for you is the actual problem.
>>
>>35000830
You would need a shit ton of discipline to starve yourself or even eat 1000 Calories under your TDEE/BMR.
Even then, it isn't exactly the healthiest option.
I would suggest taking the slower but much easier route of eating 250-500 Calories under maintenance.
I also recommend buying a food scale.
You don't want to estimate how much you're eating, you want to measure it.
Otherwise you will probably fuck up, underestimate what you're eating, and wonder why you're not losing weight.
>>
>>35008155
The problem is eating just 250-500 kcal under your maintenance is pretty fucking hard to do. Just make easier rules, the main reason why people don't lose weight with complicated diets is because they eventually find loopholes and nothing happens. Set yourself a simple rule that's hard to bypass, like "One meal at the cafeteria and a fruit every day" or something.
>>
File: Mayumi-chan.gif (2 MB, 340x240) Image search: [Google]
Mayumi-chan.gif
2 MB, 340x240
>>35008178
I find it pretty easy but i guess dieting differs a lot from person to person.
I've been losing over a pound a week eating 250 under my BMR + lifting daily + cycling to class.
>mfw no more love handles
>>
>>35000830
Most effective diet goes as follows.
Don't eat anything two days a week. The other days lift at maintenance.
Eat, sleep, lift, don't eat. Repeat until chosen form is achieved.
>>
>>7101369
I got fucking gross and bony and had no muscle when I starved myself, don't fucking do it. You'll look like an Auschwitz survivor, not an attractive human being. It's fucking unhealthy, both physically and mentally.
>>
>>35000852
should have been /thread after this post
>>
>>35004575
yes and it also has that satisfying crunch, but it's mainly water so you get hydrated as well. fucking love cucumbers
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.