[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What tea does /fit/ recommend? A teavana opened up near me and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: tea.jpg (280 KB, 2532x1657) Image search: [Google]
tea.jpg
280 KB, 2532x1657
What tea does /fit/ recommend? A teavana opened up near me and I need something to drink other than water.
>>
File: glueckstee.jpg (87 KB, 720x493) Image search: [Google]
glueckstee.jpg
87 KB, 720x493
Chai, rooibos, whatever this is in english
>>
>>35000589

green tea obviously. If you can afford it and want great caffeine go for matcha.
>>
I like pic related
>>
I cycle between Earl Grey, Irish Breakfast, Orange Pekoe and Darjeeling. Would really like to get some Blackcurrant tea but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>35000589

Tea chains like Teavana and David's Tea sell their teas at a ridiculous markup (literally paying twice as much as you would elsewhere). You're seriously better off buying tea online or buying from independent stores where they are more reasonably priced (and also infinitely more knowledgeable about what they're flogging). Just take advantage of their samples to get an idea of what you're into and go from there.

Green tea is a meme imo. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but rather that it's supposed "health benefits" are blown way out of proportion to the point of being some sort of miracle broscience snake oil. Just enjoy it as a fine drink for its own sake and don't expect it to cure your autism or whatever.

I prefer strong black teas myself (got some bitching Imperial Yunnan recently). For green's Japanese secnhas used to be GOAT before the tsunami a few years back seriously fucked up production and export. Not big on oolongs these days, and I can't stand whites.

In general, just try shit and like whatever you like. Also, try getting a feel for the different tea producing regions and their characteristics if you really want to be a snob about it.
>>
File: 1447017538333.jpg (249 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
1447017538333.jpg
249 KB, 863x752
>>35000589
my favorite tea is coffee
>>
File: twinings-green-tea-lemon.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
twinings-green-tea-lemon.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
>>35000679
I highly recommend u try dis.
>>
File: pw_winterglow[1].jpg (18 KB, 246x170) Image search: [Google]
pw_winterglow[1].jpg
18 KB, 246x170
Pickwick Winter glow.
So comfy.
>>
File: chao1.jpg (41 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
chao1.jpg
41 KB, 320x240
Green
>>
Listen to this guy >>35000683

Try some good Oolong, it will change you
>>
>>35000589
i like brandy oolongs a lot
>>
>>35000589
For taste:
>Green Tea
>Strawberry tea with 3 teaspoons of sugar and 1/4 cup of milk
>Mint tea

For effects:
>Relaxing
Chamomile, valerian, lavender, lemongrass, lemon balm, passionflower, ginger
>Stimulating
Ginseng, nettles, lemon verbana, cichorei
>Stimulating hunger
Mix of ginseng, ginger and mint
>>
straight black without anything added
>>
Pic related.
>>
>teavana
don't drink that pleb shit, owned by starbucks so you know they've cut quality for profit

get some organic teabags at like $4 for 20, save your money
>>
>>35000683
This. I also second black teas over green. Lapsang Souchong and Russian Caravan and my two favorites.
>>
yerba tea. check it out. i drink it before workout and it gives me energy without making me tired afterwards. use one called energia by CBSE
>>
>>35000589

The 1 thing that will make your tea drinking go from ok to amazing is really simple: switch to buying actual tea leaves instead of bagged. you'll never want to go back.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.