[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now, let me get this straight. If I go to Planet Fitness, no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: planet fitness.jpg (106 KB, 1024x625) Image search: [Google]
planet fitness.jpg
106 KB, 1024x625
Now, let me get this straight. If I go to Planet Fitness, no one will make fun of me for how much I sweat when I exercise and the inevitable body odor that ensues. However, if I do any real exercise there, like the kind that would make me sweat, I'll instinctively grunt as a result of my pain, and then an alarm will go off and I'll have to leave.

What's the point of this place?
>>
>>35000575
>I'll instinctively grunt as a result of my pain

grunting is voluntary, I've squatted 160kg, deadlifted 190kg and have run a 6.5min mile and have NEVER grunted
>>
>>35000586
Then clearly you don't have autism, my friend. Normies gtfo, reeee, all that jazz.
>>
>>35000586
those weights are nothing special unless you're a <70kg woman
>>
>>35000575
It's not a sound sensor you shithead. The receptionist is the one the sets it off manually. I used to go there in the mornings around 5 am and the dude didn't give a shit what I was doing. Plus it's always a good idea to tip the receptionist a decent amount.
>>
>>35000739
Do Americans tip everyone?
>>
>>35000586
would you like a blue peter badge, a packet or peanuts, a clap, the clap, a pat on the back, mummy to say well done, a written note to say good boy, a party in your honor, a strippergram to stroke your ego, a nod to your exellence, a mirin status, a lightweight baby look, a kiss from grandma, putin to bomb ISIS in your honor, a news feature on you, a film with tom hanks and the dude from happy days about you and your exploits, the return of the dead to gape among your manliness, Ron Burgundy to break down in wonder and scream "im in a glass case of emotion", for us to drop dead in amazment, for an anon to write a navy seal post about you being top of the class or should we just ignore you ?
>>
>>35000575
the point of this gym? its marketed towards the type of people who come into the gym after new years, have no idea what the fuck they are doing and quit in 3 weeks.
>>
I used to work there. Was front desk staff through college. Would literally see the same hamplanets come in everyday, sit on a recumbent cycle, not turn it on, and then sit there and talk with each other for 30 minutes while drinking a water bottle of diet soda. Then go get a pizza and talk about how hard their work out was. The place is pathetic. They market towards fatties, have hardly any real strength training equipment, and pay their employees next to nothing. It's a giant Jew castle of shekels and fat jolly Americans.
>>
>>35000750
Waiters, deliverers and receptionists.
>>
>>35000692
Those weights would be top tier in planet fitness stfu
>>
>>35000839
I'll take the peanuts and the party. If you want to drop dead that's up to you. You can keep the rest of it.
>>
If you're starting out and/or poor it's a fine gym to go to. I started there and found I could get a good workout, you just have to stay on the dumbells and bodyweight shit, not the machines.
>>
>>35000623
/thread
>>
I've worked there as a Fitness Instructor (their fancy name for Personal Trainer) a few years ago. You get what you pay for. PF mainly for beginners or people who want to just keep a somewhat active lifestyle. If your really looking to build actual muscle PF isnt the place. If you're lucky to have a person like me on staff and cant afford a better gym, I can show you exercises and techniques to build muscle if you've gone through the heaviest dumbbells we have.

Otherwise, go to a real gym.
>>
File: 45234576635.jpg (19 KB, 688x516) Image search: [Google]
45234576635.jpg
19 KB, 688x516
>>35000575
>owners/managers/workers think that grunting is more annoying than that tornado siren they call a lunk alarm
>>
>>35000586
I squat 180 and deadlift 210 and i grunt squatting 100
>>
File: 1447962141970.jpg (39 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1447962141970.jpg
39 KB, 640x960
>>35001052
>they market it towards fatties
well, duh, that's why it's PLANET fitness
>>
>>35001118
>>35000739

>tip
>receptionist

That's called a bribe
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.