[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth the price or just a worthless shill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: fat-gripz.jpg (119 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
fat-gripz.jpg
119 KB, 400x300
Worth the price or just a worthless shill?
>>
>>34999707
I used to outright recommend bull grips over them but they've changed the design. Still better imo but also disappointing.

The thick bar things are decent tho and a pool noodle is not a replacement. You could probs make something similar with some silicone rubber and pvc pipe tho
>>
>>34999707
Definitely adds an increased grip element to pretty much every lift. The forearm gains are real.
>>
Yeah I use these for when I'm pulling 500lbs+ deadlifts because I want bigger forearms fuck off stupid fucking things.
>>
File: 1442194985101.jpg (92 KB, 541x666) Image search: [Google]
1442194985101.jpg
92 KB, 541x666
>>34999707

It does work but the price is too high imo. There are cheaper DIY alternatives.
>>
>>34999707
Buy it if you have expendable cash - realise everything is essentially overpriced, its just who you don't mind giving your money to.

Otherwise just wrap a towel around the bar instead to train grip.
>>
>tfw my gym has fatgrips barbells and bars
>grip strength improved massively

still think you should get a wrist roller instead if your main purpose is hypertrophy
>>
Worthless shill product

If you have grip problems, then start doing double over hand deadlifts

This is the grip equivalent to the pussy pad
>>
>>35000767

>This is the grip equivalent to the pussy pad

Not really. One makes an exercise more comfortable, the other makes certain exercises more difficult
>>
>>35000767
not at all.
>>
>>35000806
>>35000823

All these fuccbois in the gym
>>
>>34999707
>grab a towel
>wrap around the bar

WHOA.
>>
>>35000767
How is making an exercise harder worthless and equivalent to using a pussy pad?

Do you even lift faggot?
>>
>>35000674
Wrist rollers give a more balanced look but absolute size increase is best served by grippers.

The thing I like about wrist rollers is I can do a hold out in front type hold on one set.
>>
What's wrong with the pussy pad guys :>
>>
>>34999771
>all that sarcasm
why wouldn't you want bigger forearms? if 500lbs is too heavy for you, try 300.
>>
>>35001029

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
definitely not worth the price, since you can just use a towel instead. my gym even has a thick bar laying around. i would definitely recommend using one or the other for some nice forearms gains. gripping shit works better than wrist curls in my experience.
>>
>>35001075
Not that guy and not even related, but at how many kilos is the grip considered strong? The heaviest I've done was 190 kg. Anything more than that and I must switch grips.
>>
I bought them from a fitness expo cause they seemed interesting. I actually find them more useful as they seem to reduce joint strain than anything else.
>>
>>35001168
think you'll have a hard time finding strength standards for double overhand grip deadlift, since all the professional lifters switch to mixed grip or straps when the weight gets heavy. i pulled 4plate yesterday and could hold it long enough to set it down quietly. i'd say that's decent but i'm lifting at a commercial gym without any serious lifters, so my standards are skewed.
>>
According to google it's like 40-50 bucks for two of these. Overpriced given the material involved, but at the same time, how quickly do they wear down? Because if it's just a one-time cost it's really not too much.
>>
>>35000869

It doesn't make it harder in a beneficial way.

I could beat the shit out of you with a baseball bat while you're lifting. That would definitely make it harder, but you still wouldn't get anything out of it compared to just increasing the weight during your regular training.
>>
>>35001396
This is also why you shouldn't put weight on the bar.
>>
File: to full retard and beyond.png (114 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
to full retard and beyond.png
114 KB, 250x250
>>35001396
>>
>>35001324
That's really very good. Most people switch to mixed grip before 4 plate and then hook grip
>>
>>35001396
>improved grip strength
>great forearms
>not beneficial
ok
>>
>>35001396
>That would definitely make it harder
I honestly feel like the amount of force wouldn't do shit
>>
As a general rule, I avoid any product that uses a "z" to pluralize anything.
>>
>>35001485

>Implying you're going to get better forearms and grip strength than someone deadlifting twice the weight without them.
>>
>>35001586
This nigga right here, I'd rape first in jail... For realz
>>
>>35000851
>I don't understand how things work so I'm going to resort to insults
>>
They're pretty good if your grip is nowhere near the limiting factor such as in rows or maybe cleans.
>>
>>35001613
i don't know man, i don't think i'll ever lift more than 600lbs, too scared about hernias and shit. rather work my forearms efficiently.
>>
>>35001613
Heavy dead lifters remove the grip component tho
>>
>>35001822
How the fuck would you use hook grip for cleans with those, though?
>>
>>35001822
I wouldn't use them on cleans if I could help it.

If you're lifting heavy enough for grip to be a thing you need to be warming up too. In which case just use them on warm up sets.
>>
>>35001922
Well you wouldn't. If you don't have competition-level genetics your clean is likely going to be a little over half your deadlift so you will probably be able to double overhand it.
>>
>>35001944
>kill your grip on your warm up so you'll fail on your working set
great advice, thank you
>>
>>35001961
Grip takes no time to recover tho. You would know this if you lifted.
>>
>>34999999
>>
>>35001989
i would tell you my stats but you would just imagine some higher ones, so what's the point. just fuck off with your noarguments
>>
>>35002095
That's amazing man.
>>
>>35001989
It actually depends. If you're lifting heavy every day and the only time your forearms aren't getting worked is on leg day, your forearms will eventually burn out. They won't hurt, but they will feel week. You can even burn your forearms out with bad hand placement while doing heavy squats. They aren't special they need to recover like any muscle
>>
File: 1447320193838.jpg (10 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1447320193838.jpg
10 KB, 252x244
>>35002222
>your forearms will eventually burn out. They won't hurt, but they will feel week

Must suck to have tiny little baby hands, eh?
>>
>>35002326
Must suck to never lift heavy
>>
>>35002222
Never bothered with PPL or splits. By and large tho if you lift heavy the grip is taken out of the equation with straps or hook grip. Then grip work becomes an accessory. To give you some idea, I like bulgarian style programming and run it whenever I can, and I have strong gripper strength grip. The grippers since getting to 2.5 CoC will start to do what you're talking about after 4 weeks or so of work, but you can still push through it with larger gaps between sets. This also doesn't affect grip on compound exercises that much if at all. That support grip is quite stable.

And the reason you're fucking yourself up is had form. The squat thing you're talking about is from pushing the bar up when squatting, not hand placement.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.