[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it better to have a rest day on the day of drinking alcohol,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: beer.jpg (996 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
996 KB, 2000x1000
Is it better to have a rest day on the day of drinking alcohol, or go to the gym on the day of having alcohol and rest day afterwards?

> inb4 don't drink alcohol
> inb4 le rest day meme, real men work out 8 days a week
>>
>>34998605
bump
>>
>>34998605
i think the difference in effect is so marginal to ignore.

i recommend light cardio the day after because it helps your system to get the remaining shit out of there.
>>
>>34998605
just do some light cardio, I've given up drinking now
>>
>>34998969

So I can hit the gym hard then hit the alcohol hard, and it will be the same as if I hit the alcohol hard, then went on a hangover to hit the gym?
>>
>>34998605
I've hit the gym before and after drinking and it's never gotten in the way.
>>
The National Day of Having Alcohol isn't until next February OP
>>
Don't drink. It is a massive gains killer. It is not a meme.
>>
>>35000049
In my opinion, it's better to workout before drinking heavily than after. Before drinking, your body is at 100% and you can go all out. Plus lifting gets me pumped up and hyper social before partying. The day after, I feel like shit. Even if You properly hydrate your body is still recovering and processing out the alcohol. So you probably won't be at your best in the gym.
>>
>2015
>Still suckling from the teet of the liquid jew.
i lold
>>
I tend to have a couple beers on one of my workout days in the evening. As long as you aren't getting blackout drunk you'll probbaly be fine to work out the next day
>>
>>35000101
kek, underrated post
>>
Don't drink before lifting. Personally I don't drink for 24 hours before or after any workouts, so basically only on Saturday nights, but I am also a DYEL lanklet still so my opinion may be worthless.
>>
>>34998605
Depending on your consumption the night before I would advise no weights, that is, if you went hard on the booze.

You are going to want to do something that sweats out toxins and boosts metabolism..I would suggest moderate cardio for around 40minutes. Gets endorphins going, sweats out remaining booze, boosts bodily functions/faculties and is a cleanse. Mood will be altered as well. Lot better than be sedentary.

In my experience, lifting weights hungover doesn't quite fit the bill, form won't be proper, you may risk injury. Your lower energy will result in decreased performance in general - it will be a waste of time.

> inb4 fuck off with cardio, gainz killer.
>suurrre.
>>
>>34998605
drink on the day of lifting (after, nigga). it's always helped with recovery for me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.