[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, hoping you can help. I'm skinny and super unhealthy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: speedy.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
speedy.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Hey /fit/, hoping you can help.

I'm skinny and super unhealthy, I've lived a very sedentary lifestyle for the past few years, but I want to change. So I started walking the other day. I have quite a fast walking pace, and went for about 30 minutes. I felt fine afterwards, a little out of breath but not particularly tired.

This was 4 days ago, and my legs still ache. I read about delayed onset muscle soreness but this has lasted a long time, and it hurts to stretch my legs fully. Should I just keep going or will I actually hurt myself? I just feel like if I wait for this to wear off and do it again I'll get absolutely nowhere.

Oh, and I did stretch beforehand, I dunno if that should have helped or if I should have done it better. What should I do?
>>
Ahh shit wrong image. Never mind, whatever.
>>
its suposed to hurt in the start, just keep doing what ur doing.
>>
>>34996911

You got DOMS from... walking? How sedentary were you mate?
>>
>>34996968
Basically not leaving the house at all for about 3 years. I know it's pretty bad, but I am trying now. I want to get better, and I think being fitter will help.

>>34996930
I just wanna know if I should wait until I feel normal or just do it even though it hurts. Either is fine for me, but I'd rather not properly hurt myself.
>>
>>34997001
just keep doing it, the increased bloodflow to the muscles will help them heal faster.
>>
>>34997001

Well alright then, that's understandable.

The rule of thumb is - if something hurts while you're doing it then stop, if something makes you sore later then keep going at it. You should be able to tell good soreness from bad pain easily. At first DOMS might stay with you for long so it's better to exercise them. Doing some stretching after the main work should also help with them a bit.
>>
>>34997026
Thanks, I just needed a bit of reassurance that I wasn't going to snap or something stupid.
>>
>>34996911
I wonder how they convinced her to be an action actress after she was hired mainly for the drama bits
>>
>>34997135
Money
>>
>>34997135
Ingenuity
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.