[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so many mixed opinons. SOMEBODY please just tell me if this routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: amia-miley.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
amia-miley.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
so many mixed opinons. SOMEBODY please just tell me if this routine is good. make fun of me call me a dyel faggot i dont give a care just help a bro out.

Chest/Back

5 X 5 . BENCH PRESS
4 X 10 . INCLINE DB PRESS
3 X 12 . CABLE CROSSOVER
4 X 10 . BENT OVER ROW
4 X 12 . SEATED ROW
3 X 12 . DB ROW
3 X 10 . PULLUP
3 X 10 . DIPS

Shoulders/Arms

5 X 5 . DEADLIFT
4 X 10 . BB CURL
4 X 10 . INCLINE CURL
4 X 10 . HAMMER CURL // SUPERSET //
4 X 20 . LATERAL RAISE
4 X 10 . TRICEP PUSHDOWN
4 X 10 . TRICEP EXTENSION
4 X 10 . MACHINE OHP
4 x 10 . DB PRESS // SUPERSET
4 X 10 . SHRUGS

Legs
5 X 5 . SQUAT
3 X 10 . EXTENSIONS
3 X 10 . HAM CURL
3 X 20 . SEATED CALF RAISE
3 X 20 . STANDING CALF RAISE
>>
goals are i only want to look good i dont give a fuck about strength
>>
File: 1378367408577.jpg (110 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
1378367408577.jpg
110 KB, 1024x575
Utter shit
>>
This routine is absolute garbage:

you would be better off doing PPL or Upper lower splits 4-6 times a week

I'm not being facetious this routine is straight up retarded
>>
>>34996155
thanks
>>
>>34996158
from another thread they said it was fine the only issue was the deadlift on that day made no sense and 3 types of curls was pointless rest was fine i thought
>>
>>34996172
>Shoulders/Arms
>5 X 5 . DEADLIFT
>4 X 10 . BB CURL
>4 X 10 . INCLINE CURL
>4 X 10 . HAMMER CURL // SUPERSET //
>4 X 20 . LATERAL RAISE
>4 X 10 . TRICEP PUSHDOWN
>4 X 10 . TRICEP EXTENSION
>4 X 10 . MACHINE OHP
>4 x 10 . DB PRESS // SUPERSET
>4 X 10 . SHRUGS

This is 41 god damn sets. Do you think by the time you get to 4x10 shrugs you're going to have good enough form, or enough energy to use any type of weight that could stimulate growth?

This routine's volume and split is just goofy and is not at all balanced.
>>
>>34996146
Shoulders/Arms
>5x5 Deadlifts
>>
>>34996199
i know man i know
>>
Seems like way too much exercise
>>
>>34996146
Your routine is dumb.
keep it to 5 or 6 exercises per session 8 - 10 is a waste of time.

> You do not need to do 3 different types of rows
> You do not need to do 3 different types of curls
> You do not need to do 2 different calf raises
> deadlift is for shoulders / arms
> Don't do leg extensions, they will destroy your knees.
>>
Jumping in on this, how does this framework sound:

A: bench, barbell row, squat, core, biceps
B: OHP, deadlift, triceps, shoulders

Alternate A and B. Take rest days whenever life prevents me from going to the gym. Expecting to work out 4-5 days a week.
>>
>>34996146
if you don't understand why this routine is garbage, you're not at the point where you need to be making your own routine. here, let me give you a routine that doesn't suck:

A:
low-bar squat 3x5
bench press 3x5
dead lift 1x5
row 3x8

B:
low-bar squat 3x5
OHP/push press 3x5
clean pull 3x3
pullup 3x8

don't do cleans if you don't have a coach, clean pulls contain most of the explosive part and encourage trap and glute development as well as increase your test levels

if you can do more than 8 pullups, add weight. if you can't do 8 pullups, go to failure and then hold the last one long and hard. or use lat pulldown machine.

rows and bench hit complementary muscle groups, same with OHP and pullups. pick any kind of row you want, I do t-bars. do all your big lifts because they hit most of your aesthetic muscle groups and greatly improve your test levels.

alternate A and B days, always take 48 hours off between days, eat at least 500 calories over BMR and get lots of protein. stop being a bitch, go to the gym, use youtube to learn form and do away with machines.
>>
>>34996146
Good luck doing all those sets and reps with no prior strength training, you should start off with SS imo then do a push/pull/legs routine, e.g. (below)

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

P/P/L [Rest] P/P/L (6 days on, 1 day off) OR
P/P/L/P/P/L [Rest] (6 days on, 1 day off)
>>
>>34996516
what is that fucking routine. it's a mix between a messy IFBB throwaway and total hapless garbage. even if you have to do a BB split, it's not fucking hard:

pick heavy compounds that cover most of the parts of your body you're trying to train
pick one accessory for each part of your body that you feel is undertrained
voila, that's it, you never need more than one kind of bench press or row or anything. there's just zero reason for redundant exercises, muscle confusion isn't a real thing and you can accomplish more with a heavy compound with good weight and form than you ever will with five accessories that hit any one part of the body from slightly different angles.
>>
>>34996558
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>34996611
redundancy. once you ever have two of the same lift, you're wasting your time. two kinds of rows, two kinds of curls, two kinds of bench press? there's simply no value in any of it. you'll deplete your glycogen faster, but you won't improve your strength or size.
>>
>>34996656
meh, that sounds like broscience to me
>>
>>34996668
broscience is believing "dude you have to hit your biceps from three angles, and you have to get 3 sets of 12 reps each time, that's how you get 70s big bro"
real sports science is simple: heavy weight, 1-3 sets at 5-12 reps, rest for two days, eat up, hit those muscles again.
>>
>>34996676
so true dude, plain and simple.
i'd like to emphasize on rest and eating, this is like 60% and training itself is 40%
>>
>>34996146
Way too much volume
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.