[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compound's Push/Pull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1432550657981.png (768 KB, 2143x1912) Image search: [Google]
1432550657981.png
768 KB, 2143x1912
Could anyone give me more info on this "Compound's Push/Pull" routine I found on the intermediate section of this info graphic? Like, is it a strength routine or hypertrophy? And how much should I increase the weight for each set? I tried looking this up and found no info.
>>
If you can't figure this out for yourself, you should still be doing a beginner's routine.
>>
>>34995840
I'm not a beginner, I've already been doing madcow 5x5 for a while and I thought it was time to do a new routine. It's just that I have very little information on it.
>>
>>34995874
kek yes you are

only a beginner would start a thread like this in a place like this to ask about some shitty internet routine from an outdated infographic using questions like

>Like, is it a strength routine or hypertrophy?
>And how much should I increase the weight for each set?

post your lifts, weight, and height
>>
>>34995936
Damn son no need to be a dick. I was just wondering if this routine had a different amount of progression from the one I'm currently doing
>>
>>34995964
kek well you are a beginner so it's not relevant right now BUT madcow was some guy at bb.com who made up a program using second hand info from glenn pendlay

a good rule of thumb for novice and intermediate programs is if there's no book about it then you probably shouldn't be doing it :^)

go read SS or something tbqh family
>>
>a good rule of thumb for novice and intermediate programs is if there's no book about it then you probably shouldn't be doing it :^)
Then what about all those people that make up their own routines? And if this is true then why is madcow even on the sticky?
>>
>>34995997
Dude shut up you're an ass. Hey OP, the routine looks like a hypertrophy routine because of the rep ranges. Madcow and Texas Method are the common intermediate strength routines. For me personally, when I complete a full set at a given weight twice with good form, I add 5 lbs.
>>
>>34996038
>>34995997
>>
>>34996038
>Then what about all those people that make up their own routines?

the people who can effectively make their own routines don't need validation for them from some internet forum. they have a good enough idea of what works through at least experience, if they're not also well read when it comes to programming.

the people who ask "IS MY ROUTINE GOOD?" have never read a programming book and don't really have a good idea of what's best for them, so they add bosu chest sprints and ask other people who have just as much experience as they do if the program is good

>And if this is true then why is madcow even on the sticky?
because this site was initially designed for anime and le random jokes, not for serious lifting

>>34996058
kek i bet you have shit lifts
>>
>>34996058
Thank you for not being a dick dude. Are there any other intermediate strength routines you would recommend besides madcow and Texas method?
>>
progression on push pull stuff like that usually is pretty arbitrary - obviously you aren't doing a LP and the amount of volume on other stuff makes quick progression harder. You try to progress every time you do that exercise, and deload slightly if you fail a set.

You shouldn't be doing the same exercise at the same intensity more than once a week in those types of routines
>>
>>34995997
>>34995936
>>34995840
wow dont be a cunt brah
>>
>>34996104
You don't need specific routines beyond the novice stage. You need to understand basic programming and adjust on the go to make the desired progress.

Read Practical Programming.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.