[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rope jumping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: male-jump-roping.jpg (29 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
male-jump-roping.jpg
29 KB, 900x900
Hi guys, i'm actually looking after some cardio training beside my actual lifting, i need to lose some bf.

But when i do, i get bored in a fucking second, i heard Rope Jumping is one of the fastest exercice i can do to burn calorie.

Any advice ?

A faggot to explain me the basic of HIIT (tried online stuff but since i'm not a native english speaker i don't understand everything.
>>
Cunt...sticky....Cunt
>>
>>34991821
What do you want advice on?
> HIIT
Good workout, just do 5 or more exercises (jumping squats/burpees/high knees/any high intensity workout) for a minute each and then take a break for 1 minute and then repeat for 3 or more sets.
> Skipping
Takes a while to get used to, but good calves/cardio workout. Step on a rope and hold the handles up (should be around pec level). Practice from there
>>
>>34992024

Ok so it's only with this kind of exercice or i missed something ?

Any advice of sets ? I think i can do like 2 or 3 minutes of it before i start whipping the shit out of myself.
>>
>>34991821
>Any advice ?
yes.
i was in the same situation.

i got a jump rope, but don't even use it.

instead i went online to some of those indoor cardio videos for people with no equipment.

its basically just shit like burpees and jumping lunges and jumping jacks, that one thing where you put your hands and the ground, and run super hard lifting your knees as hard as you can.

so i do all that stuff, and i do some plyometrics as well (Box jumps and stuff)

but then how i REALLY do the bulk of my cardio, is shadow-boxing and heavy-bag hitting.

you would be surprised how much effort punching takes when you punch with your whole body.

and since you spend 20-40 minutes a day practicing punching when fatigued, you become much better at maintaining form, and punching in general.

it is fun for me.

i think the real secret isn't to find what is the most effective, but what is the most entertaining for you to do.

a large variety to switch to another exercise when you get bored helps, and finding things you enjoy is the biggest factor.

here is an idea of the kind of shit you can do for cardio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGcPRHmtYc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGcPRHmtYc

and yes, i know mike chang is a massive faggot.

tl;dr: jump around like a crackhead to burn calories
>>
>>34991821
Take up a high intensity sport which has HIIT. You will have fun while doing cardio and not get bored.

I do muay thai and never used to do cardio but getting fitter now.
>>
>>34992165
Even sparring is basically HIIT. Then if you get into the sport you will be doing hillsprints and other stuff
>>
>>34992148

Actually, thanks man. Didn't even hoped for such a good answer.

I think you got it, doing the most entertaining thing can be just it. I'll try Shadow-boxing and maybe some push-up exercice like.

I got a hitting bag on the gym i go, and it's upstair, there is nobody there almost all the time.

I keep the video

Thanks /fit/
>>
Don't listen to /fit/ about HIIT, most people here just meme it without knowing what it actually is or how it works. They think it means moderate exercise for a min then a min off etc - basically 90% of this board is terrible at cardio, and think they are doing HIIT when in fact they are doing incredibly easy tiny workouts. Protip: skipping, body weight exercises, burpees do not count as HIIT.
Do real cardio, namely running/biking/erging/swimming. Mix it up between long steady state sessions (HR 60-75%) and shorter interval pieces at UT1 (75-85%). Occasionaly do test pieces at threshold HR. This is how you get a better cardiovascular base AND increased ability over short periods.

HIIT is only acceptable for maintaining fitness, and you won't do it properly without a coach, or probably even know how to do it properly at all.
>>
HIIT is very hard to do right, i do intervals 30 secs on 30 secs off for 20 mins 3 times a week
>>
>>34992201
>threshold
Ok first word i don't understand, look google. 6th album of Hammerfall. FUUUUU

I was more hoping of a easy to learn sets of exercice to do cardio with my jumping rope actually.

As i said, running is a pain in the ass for me because i get bored in 25min of running.

I said Jumping rope because i can burn myself to death, and repeat as i need to.

Maybe there is other "easy" exercice i can do to do cardio and burn calorie
>>
>>34992201
What are you talking about?

>you won't do it properly without a coach

I'm pretty sure you can do HIIT pretty easily by just sprinting about 400m and then stopping and then sprinting again etc
>>
>>34992246
It stands for aerobic threshold. It's basically going max cardio.
Look, jumping rope is fine, but there is no magic cardio that you can do which is super easy and engaging. My advice is to get an iPod, get into music and start trying to enjoy long runs. Personally I love the time I get to myself to think, listen to music, daydream etc.
rope jumping is going to take just as long as other forms of cardio if you want your cardio system to get better. It would be better to find a way to beat the boredom than to try find a magic exercise
>>
>>34992246
I do hill sprints. Sprint up the hill, walk down. I try to aim for 8 times, but with my smoker lungs I fail at 6 or 7
>>
>>34992189
make sure you are punching with full body.
one trick i use when i start to get fatigued, is i regularly bob up and down on my knees, twisting at the hips and punching with the upturn of each bob.

allows you to stay pretty fast when fatigued, and punch with your whole body instead of just your arms... also make sure you really contract the serratus and protract the scapula as far as you can with each punch... for some reason this adds to the intensity significantly.

>>34992246
>Ok first word i don't understand, look google. 6th album of Hammerfall. FUUUUU

try googling
"define: threshold" without the quotes.

also lrn2 google.
>>
A special detail i could've said.

I live 5km away from Paris center. So it's basically town. And i could get shot ...
>>
>>34992309
muslims hate joggers, from what i understand.
>>
>>34992276
>Implying this will ever give you a good aerobic base
Here's what I mean, HIIT has been shown to maintain base, NOT improve it in any case. With someone who hasn't trained in an endurance sport before HIIT is not the thing they should do.

Furthermore, the level of discipline required to do HIIT like that is very high, HIIT is incredibly mentally taxing and you should be wary of any fitizen who spouts "yeah just do HIIT"
>>
>>34992300

I know how to punch ^^, i'll try to do 1min30 -1min rest for 20-30 minutes.

>>34992295

I can run for an hour at average speed and i don't know what my max speed etc is.

If i do 2 min of rope, it's 2 minutes...
>>
>>34992348
>I know how to punch
100% of men say this
less than .1% are correct in saying this.

also what i described was not a proper way to punch, but a way to keep going when you feel fatigued.
>>
>>34992323

Another detail, i should've gave at first.

I'm in the army, even tho i stopped all the intense traning year ago since i do IT now. I know i can run like 8km in 50 minutes.

I got the basics, i just dont have the courage to go outside and run alone.
>>
>>34992323
Ps. Anyone interested in HIIT should look at the original Tabata studies. It's not MORE effective than Steady State, but rather trades some VO2 max for some increased anaerobic ability.
/fit/ thinks it's some magic routine because they are lazy and can't handle doing cardio for over 30min
>>
>>34992348
If you do rope for 2 min, you're not improving your cardio very much though. I'm sorry, there isn't a shortcut to getting better cardio.
>>34992370
It doesn't have to be running. Most my cardio I do on the erg or on the bike if I'm feeling lazy. However if you want to erg please PLEASE get someone who knows what they are doing to show you how to use the machine first. Or at least look at some YT videos, the number of people who don't know how to use the rowing machines is incredible
>>
>>34992051
HIIT requires a few different exercises, so while you can use a rope, it would be hard to make a full routine with just a rope unless you knew a bunch of tricks. So for sets, I'd recommend something like 1 minute of skipping, 1 minute of burpees, 1 minute high knees, 1 minute squat jumps and 1 minute step ups (feel free to change these out with any high intensity workout). Then take 1 minute for a break and repeat as many sets as you want. There are lots of free HIIT timer apps you can find. Does that help?
>>
>>34992390
>/fit/ thinks it's some magic routine because they are lazy and can't handle doing cardio for over 30min

this.

if anything, catch your breath and go back to cardio before your heart rate goes back down.

keep that heart rate elevated as possible.
>>
>>34992430
>the number of people who don't know how to use the rowing machines is incredible
is it even possible to do cardio "wrong"? all you are doing is burning calories.

in my mind, cardio is cardio is cardio, and it can't be done "wrong"
>inb4 crossfit.
>>
>>34992431

Hmm so HIIT =/= cardio

I thought about HIIT like a cardio exercice but with some rest between set.

>i'm an autist
>>
>>34992448
If you got on the treadmill and started running on all fours, I'd say you were doing it wrong
>>
>>34992467
I still consider HIIT cardio. Isnt cardio supposed to mean cardio vascular endurance?
>>
>>34992467
it is, its high intensity interval training, instead of steady-state cardio.

they are both cardio

you were correct.

he is saying /fit/ doesn't like doing 30 mins of cardio, they would rather do 15 min of cardio interspersed with 15 min of rest
>>
>>34992467
Jesus Christ learn to fuxking Google. HIIT is a form of cardio, but the poster you quoted also doesn't understand how HIIT works so There's that
>>
REEEE stop messing with me senpai.

I don't enjoy steady state cardio.

I'll try my patience at HIIT with what some of you gave me.

Basically lifting 3/4 times a week, 2 HIIT ?
>>
>>34992490
but that guy would be burning more calories per minute than someone jogging on a treadmill regularly.

...isn't that doing it right?
>>
>>34992431
>HIIT requires a few different exercises,
hahaha what. This is what I mean by fit having no idea about cardio. You do realize the ORIGINAL HIIT studies were all done using one exercise

What you have described is a shitty circuit workout, not like HIIT at all

Am I being trolled
>>
>>34992538
>I don't enjoy it so I won't do it
Fine, enjoy never making it. HIIT is not the answer to your problems. The answer is to get BETTER at the thing you don't like. But if you don't want to better yourself just don't bother I guess
>>
>>34992539
If you row wrong, prepare to snap your shit up
>>
>>34992448
Bad rowing technique can lead to injuries surely
>>
>>34992636
>>34992587
even when the weight is less than babby weight?
>>
>>34992559
>Am I being trolled
no he is just a retard.

but whatever.

it all fucking burns calories.

it don't matter
none of this matters.
>>
Going to sleep guys.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>34992820
No worrys, night night, love you
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.