[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overtraining? Aliens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1420634012675.gif (945 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1420634012675.gif
945 KB, 500x281
Hey, /fit/. I need some help over here. So, I don't hit the gym much. I used to. But now, I mostly do my training at home.
But recently, I have encountered a problem.
You see, I do push-ups almost every night. Decline, Normal, and Inner. Usually, about a hundred of each. This has been going on for quite a while. But, a couple of days ago, I couldn't go through with it. Well, almost. I failed my 30th pushup, which never really happened before. Nonetheless, I decided to push through and take a couple of days off, thinking that I might've finally hit my limit. It's been 2 days, and, as I'm writing this, I'm in the middle of my declines, already feeling tired. My pecs have decreased in size, my ribs seem to be more portruding... I dunno. Anybody knows what the hell I should do to fix this? I really want my chest back, I trained way too much to have it all taken away by fuck-knows-what.
>>
Eat Moar
>>
>>34991514
Been eating like a mad man. I always do.
60th decline over here, still harder than it should be.
More details. My pecs are... how do I put this? Tight? They are tight all the time. But small. And shrinking every resting day. I read about overtraining, and everybody's saying I should rest. Rested for 2 days, and my year of gym and 6 months of home-trainng have gone to hell. Race against time. Yay.
>>
75th decline.
Update and also shameless bump.
Because I really need some pointers over here. Might see a personal trainer soon, but I've been lurking /fit/ for so long, I know someone has a clue about what I'm saying.
>>
File: 1445800690629.jpg (298 KB, 1898x1346) Image search: [Google]
1445800690629.jpg
298 KB, 1898x1346
Almost done with the declines, going for inners.
Come on, /fit/, don't leave me hanging. Will post greentext stories n shit to keep this going and help u have a giggle, m8s.
>>
File: 1447044307237.jpg (605 KB, 1000x4980) Image search: [Google]
1447044307237.jpg
605 KB, 1000x4980
>>
File: 1445283316480.png (832 KB, 2552x3364) Image search: [Google]
1445283316480.png
832 KB, 2552x3364
Ffs.
Hiro-sama, you in there?
>>
>>34991483
>It's been 2 days
>My pecs have decreased in size
You muscles take like two weeks of inactivity before they start to atrophy, anon.

Also you should be doing some pull exercises with all those push ups.
>>
>>34991926
Oh, I know. And yet, they ARE smaller. I've asked some buddies of mine. To eliminate the possibilty that I'm over-thinking this.
I don't have a pull up bar, to tall to do the thing with the towel and the door. Thanks for replying, tho.
>>
File: 1447188422246.png (105 KB, 600x192) Image search: [Google]
1447188422246.png
105 KB, 600x192
Forgot to log in on that one.
Desperate to keep this alive. I'm gonna hit the gym tomorrow. Maybe my chest is just... tired of push-ups.
I'll just do a chest day, take a day off, and see how it goes after that. Maybe that'll fix it.
Am I a moron or am I making sense?
>>
If you're truely over training (and not over reaching) it won't just take 2 days rest, it'll take months. I read a story about a guy who would run something like a half marathon daily and lift heavy frequently, while working a job that requires walking up stairs all day. His legs were sore 24/7 and he couldn't even do any leg lifting without hurting himself and made no progress. He got a doctor's note to do no walking at work and then replied in the thread later, a year later, that's how long it took him to recover. A YEAR.

Take a week off if you've actually been trying enough to be over trained.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.