[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /fit/, I've lost 90 lbs (originally 350) by diet alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Vitruvian.gif (10 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
Vitruvian.gif
10 KB, 350x300
So, /fit/, I've lost 90 lbs (originally 350) by diet alone in the last year, and I'm beginning to workout regularly. I want to get strong/built, but I want to be fast, as well. I don't want to body build.
Here's my Strength day:
3 reps of all of this:
10 pushups
10 situps
5 chair assisted pullups (I'm slowly using less weight)
10 squats
15 second plank

And on my cardio days I'm doing 20 minutes of jogging, with some sprinting to practice going faster.

Eventually I want to go way harder, but I'm fairly weak. Opinions?

Also, workout general
>>
>>34990360
>3 reps
>>
>>34990394
sets, brainfart
>>
>>34990360
Get your ass under a barbell. Pick SS/SL/PHAT/whatever beginner linear progression program you like.
>>
simply do more reps/minutes every week or two weeks

you can do it man
>>
>>34990360
Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe was pretty good, his dieting advice is top notch too so I'd recommend you read into them both, gomad does wonders.
>>
Read the sticky

Lift

Literally that easy
>>
>>34990509
Fuck you dude,
Op, you can follow ss/sl but don't do go mad, and add some accessories
But until you're less fat id recommend sticking with just cardio and dieting, and maybe body weight exercises like you're doing
>>
>>34990641
Eventually I want to add sandbags and extra weights for pullups, but that'll be a while. I'm still struggling with my weight at this point. I've been making little progress for a month or so, and I just started this workout routine a week ago and it's still kicking my ass but I can at least do it now.
>>
>>34990360
Keep doing what you're doing but add 1 rep a week. Add a second to you plank each week. I know hardly anything about jogging but basically increase the distance by a small amount each week.

These tiny gains will add up slowly over the years and one day you'll be shredded without realising it.
>>
>>34990679
You can do it bro,
If I was you I'd just focus on dieting and cardio to loose weight. And some body weight exercises like you're doing won't hurt.
We're all gonna make it brah
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.