[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think its time for me to switch from a push/pull split to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1392426903319.jpg (423 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1392426903319.jpg
423 KB, 960x1280
I think its time for me to switch from a push/pull split to a 3-day-split. But i dont want a seperate leg day. I mean i enjoy squatting, but the idea of going to the gym and only train legs on this specific day sucks donkey ass.

What could i add to leg day? Biceps+triceps?
>>
>>34984757
Don't do a leg day or any sort of split, and nearly any compound involving legs is going to involve a lot more than them too, so factor in for that.

Like if you do bench or OHP, you're not just working your chest and shoulders, your triceps and upper back are going to be used in those too, to some degree.
>>
I do PPL except on the legs day I just squats, calf raises, do abs, oblique, back extensions, but also shrugs and lateral raises rather than on pull days

Maybe it's stupid but my pull days were too heavy otherwise
>>
>>34984757
Assistance/core/mobility/cardio
>>
>>34984757
Do them with shoulders because they're the smallest muscle group
>>
>>34984757
Shoulders
>>
>>34984757
Whos this semen demon
>>
>>34986230
some ftm
>>
>>34986554
oh god, please be joking.
>>
Post more short hair cuties and I tell whatever you asking about biceps.
>>
>>34984757
Give us name faggot.
>>
>>34984757
>I think its time for me to switch from a push/pull split to a 3-day-split
No, it's never time to switch to a split.
Splits are inferior in every way, no matter your current training level.
>>
File: 1383541615817.jpg (38 KB, 468x650) Image search: [Google]
1383541615817.jpg
38 KB, 468x650
>>34984757
I'm gonna start something similar next week. But I'm gonna do a four day split like ABxAB.
A for upper body, B for legs and abs.
Problem is that my legs and butt are already really big compare to my upper body and exspecially my arms.
But I think your idea to train arms and legs on the same day is pretty good, maybe I'll try this.
>>
>>34986570
>>34986570
She used to ave a tumblr called Bigolwieners, not sure now though since it's taken off...

Everybody rags on mtfs, but ftms are weird.
>>
>>34984757
I always did and do shoulders and legs. Works fine for me. I guess you could do serious core training with legs if you don't like the concept of working on shoulders then.
>>
>>34984757
The fact that you asked this question proves that you shouldn't change anything
>>
>>34984757
1. It doesn't fucking matter what "split" you're doing as long as you hit every body part 2x week.
2. Pulling exercises work biceps, pushing exercises work triceps.
3. If you do any 3day split, all days are going to be low in volume, not just legs.
4. If you insist on doing it, move shoulders to legs.
5. Push/pull, Upper/lower or something like chest & back/ legs and shoulders work just fine. If I had time to train 4 days a week, I'd do:
>A: Bench, Rows, Dips, Chin ups
>B1: Intensity squats, OHP, light deadlifts
>A without the rows
>B2: Intensity deadlifts, OHP, Front squats
6. If you really want to train 6 times a week, lift 3 or 4 and do cardio 2 times. Unless you're training specifically for powerlifting, weightlifting, strongman or bodybuilding, aka for general strength, aesthetics, health and wellbeing, you should be doing cardio. If running is boring, do something else like jump rope.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.