[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Achilles tendon mobility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 20151118_205114.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151118_205114.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
This is as far as my ankle mobility goes, despite daily stretching. What do I do, /fit/? My mobility is so bad that I'll never be able to properly squat because I end up going up on the balls of my feet.
Is there any way I could improve the mobility?
>>
>>34983337
wtf faggot do you shave your legs or some shit?
>>
>>34983405
Yes
who car
>>
>>34983337
Raise your heels. You are the market squat shoes are for. Or put your heels on plate or something.

Depending on the background to the immobility exercises may or may not help much. I wouldn't worry too much about it, no harm in trying some light stretches or something probably but also not that big a deal if you can't do shit about it.
>>
>>34983337
get weightlifting shoes with a raised heel. also you need to roll your calves and the soles of your feet. use a foam roller for the calf and a hard ball for your feet.
>>
File: 20151120_203110.jpg (135 KB, 914x581) Image search: [Google]
20151120_203110.jpg
135 KB, 914x581
>>34983905
>>34984039
Alright, I'll try this! I knew that foam rollers could help with DOMS, but I did not know that they could help with mobility.
The strangest thing for this is that I'm working towards being able to do splits.... and I make progress every single day. I'm able to increase my mobility SEVERELY everywhere other than this one catching point. I think it might have something to do with how overdeveloped my calves are.... I don't train them at all but they look like this when flexed.
I think something might be fucked up about my walking. I'm not even overweight, and never have been
>>
File: 1437936092871.jpg (20 KB, 217x265) Image search: [Google]
1437936092871.jpg
20 KB, 217x265
Hey bro I think you missed a spot shaving your legs
>>
>>34985376
>people on /fit/ suddenly caring about shaved legs
I do it too, bro
Nothing quite like the feeling of smooth legs desu
>>
>>34983337
What kinda shoes are those OP?
>>
>>34985838
Just beat up high top vans
>>
Certified athletic trainer here. Typical dorsiflexion range of motion is 20 degrees, based on that shitty photo i'll eyeball it at maybe 5-10. Most people I've seen have a tighter right calf/achilles due to overuse from driving. Stretch your calves faggot
>>
File: ankle-mobility.png (276 KB, 642x481) Image search: [Google]
ankle-mobility.png
276 KB, 642x481
>>34983337
>>
I just got over this myself, but now the problem I have is fucking intense pain in my knees coming up from a single squat with just the bar.

G-guess I'm sticking to the Leg Press machine for a while longer, then...
>>
>>34986347
Anon-kun, I do stretch my calves. It used to be even worse than it is now, it used to be like 5 degrees and now it's like 10.

When I was younger, I used to only walk on my toes. I believe that I have foreshortened achilles tendons because of this.
Is this something that could just be rectified with more stretching?

>>34987566
Are you sure your form is correct?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.