[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/, I wanna build mass and have been looking to do 5x5.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: skinnyfat.jpg (69 KB, 362x383) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat.jpg
69 KB, 362x383
So /fit/, I wanna build mass and have been looking to do 5x5. I have access to dumbbells, a ez bar, bench press, pec fly and some thigh shit that's attached to my bench but I don't have a squat rack so I can't squat or ohp what should I do instead?
>>
>>34982684
you should sign up for a gym membership and squat desu
>>
>>34982684
Power clean your barbell to do your The Press, and can work for squats as well

Or, sumo squat with your dumbbells
>>
>>34982722
im a poorfag waiting to start work atm, what should I do in the meantime
>>
>>34982741
do sumo squats have as good an effect?
>>
>>34982858
Squats are squats, and if it means the difference between no squats or sumo squats, do the sumo's.
>>
hi josh
>>
>>34982902
ok and is there an alternative to ohp? also would u say goblin squats or sumo squats?
>>
>>34982858
The issue with any kind of dumbbell squat (usually called goblet squats because of the way most people hold the weight in front of them) is that any weight you can hold with just your arms is rapidly going to become too light to do shit for your legs.

I guess you could start off with goblet squats, though unless you're female or a very tiny sick man, you'll be to weights heavier than any non-custom dumbbell I've ever seen within a week.

Maybe if you wore two backpacks (one on front one on back) and filled them with dumbbells, you could start to do some worthwhile weight, but that's still probably too much weight on the wrong place, instead of sitting securely on top of your shoulders.

Sumo squat, by the way, is just any squat with a really wide stance.

>>34983116
Dumbbell OHP is an entirely worthwhile exercise, but it's harder to do well than a barbell OHP.
>>
>>34983199
alright thanks for the advice man, im aware that squatting with dumbbells would be too light that's why i asked if it was worthwhile, but im probably gonna give power clean>squat or ohp a go.
>>
File: imagejpeg_2nnnwwmasdf.jpg (120 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
imagejpeg_2nnnwwmasdf.jpg
120 KB, 1024x768
What about hack squats brahs?
>>
>>34982684
For dumbbell squats I clean them up and rest the portion of the dumbbell closest to my body on my front delt and the squat down until my elbows touch my knees, mimicking a bb front squat. I find that I can only do about half of the weight of traditional bb squat. It also works the fuck out of my abs.
>>
File: db.jpg (21 KB, 602x479) Image search: [Google]
db.jpg
21 KB, 602x479
>>34984435
like this?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.